Posted Mar 23, 2012
5:10:10 PM
Google Voice (Lite) Voice Mail

sorry i wasnt sure where to put this.. am i able to use google voice as voice mail.. i been getting many answers: yes if i port my number.. yes if i forward my number and then give out the google number instead of my att number.. yes but i dont need to do any of the above.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 23, 2012 9:59:18 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTJulieCS on Nov 29, 2012 at 9:24:42 AM

Yes you can. Follow the setup instructions and your voicemails will forward to that instead of at&t. People can call you on the same number as normal

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Google Voice (Lite) Voice Mail

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 23, 2012 9:59:18 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTJulieCS on Nov 29, 2012 at 9:24:42 AM

Yes you can. Follow the setup instructions and your voicemails will forward to that instead of at&t. People can call you on the same number as normal

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Google Voice (Lite) Voice Mail

[ Edited ]
2 of 7 (2,570 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2012 2:30:10 AM
(0)
Teacher
OK oh boy LOL I assume set up directions are you know proof? A friend said he'd help me Tuesday night but I don't wanna wait haha. Do you use it? Can believe I only got one reply. Thank you :smileywink:

3 of 7 (2,558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2012 9:58:19 AM
(0)
Employee
I use it for visual voicemail and free unlimited texting. Do you have an android phone or something else

4 of 7 (2,542 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2012 10:36:25 AM
(0)
Teacher
I don't need the texting and don't wanna give out a new number. I just want visual voice mail yes I have Samsung infuse. New.

5 of 7 (2,536 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2012 1:03:35 PM
(0)
Teacher

i'm sorry to ask but i cant find good detailed directions to set up GV.. every one i read says i need to forward calls .. but att said if i fwd calls my phone wont ring.. the line just gets forwarded.. i also dont want to have to give everyone a new number.. i have ironically googled for directions but can find any.. i'm kinda. you know with this so they need be clear and complete..

GV Directions needed was Re: Google Voice (Lite) Voice Mail

6 of 7 (2,527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2012 2:42:33 AM
(0)
Employee
You only need to forward unanswered calls and the app sets it up for you

7 of 7 (2,514 Views)