Reply
Posted Oct 15, 2012
Good Money

I searched for my old cell phone company and got AT&T.  I have a perfectly good Clear Path phone.  I want to know why I cannot get service.  It powers on, but I do not have a carrier. 

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
10-17-2012 9:19:09 AM
0
(0)

Economics wrote:

Ameritech Cellular was the original service; then Verizon inherited my phone.   When I searched for my original carrier this week, I was lead to AT&T.  Like I said in the first post, the last carrier said that they could not activate a phone that did not have their name on it.


If it is a verzon based phone the device in incompatible with ATT;s network, they use two different types of communications. Verizon is CDMA and ATT is GSM, the base hardware is incompatible so it will not work

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Good Money

827 views
10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Post reply
Replies
(10)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 15, 2012
0
(0)

Economics wrote:

I searched for my old cell phone company and got AT&T.  I have a perfectly good Clear Path phone.  I want to know why I cannot get service.  It powers on, but I do not have a carrier. 


multiple reasons could cause that, what is the exact model of the phone


 

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Good Money

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 15, 2012
0
(0)

I'm not quite sure that I understand your question, but if you have a CDMA phone, that is why it won't work on AT&T.  AT&T is a GSM carrier; CDMA hardware won't work on AT&T's network.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Good Money

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 15, 2012
0
(0)

This is just a guess but is this the company in reference?.

 

Clear Path Wireless, Inc

1328 Brummel Street

EvanstonIL 60202-3750 map
Phone: 1-(847) 491-6096
 

More Details for Clear Path Wireless, Inc

     Clear Path Wireless, Inc in Evanston, IL is a private company categorized under Services Cellular Telephones. Records show it was established in 2002 and incorporated in Illinois.


Knight Rider Rules.gif


AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.



Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Good Money

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2012
0
(0)

Re:  ClearPath

"ClearPath" was a ad promotion for the LG 330-W phone by Ameritech.  Not "Clear Path", which is two words.  My phone is gently used. 

Good Money

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2012
0
(0)

Don't laugh!  My phone is slightly used; one or two calls per month.  It was a "just in case" phone.  My contract was acquired by another carrier.  The contract was only for two years.  After six years of wasting money, I cancelled my service.  I could not bring myself to to throw away this expensive phone.  I discovered this past Sunday, after 7 years of not being used, that the phone works find.  I called the last service provider on it by thier 800 number.  They now claim that they never heard of me, and cannot give me service because the phone does not have their name on it. 

Re: Good Money

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2012
0
(0)

Economics wrote:

Don't laugh!  My phone is slightly used; one or two calls per month.  It was a "just in case" phone.  My contract was acquired by another carrier.  The contract was only for two years.  After six years of wasting money, I cancelled my service.  I could not bring myself to to throw away this expensive phone.  I discovered this past Sunday, after 7 years of not being used, that the phone works find.  I called the last service provider on it by thier 800 number.  They now claim that they never heard of me, and cannot give me service because the phone does not have their name on it. 


suspect that it will not work - can;t even find a referecne to it on LG's website, would suggest just purchasing a gophone and some minutes and not worry about that device.

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Good Money

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2012
0
(0)

Oh!  But it does work.  I used it to call their 800 number.  I tried to call my home telephone, but it asked me to charge the call to a credit card or either.... I believe a debit card.  I was told what my 800 number was; What!  I thought that they had never heard of me.  I did not know that I had an 800 number.  Now I am thingking maybe other 800 numbers can be called from this phone as well.  AND of course, very importantly, it can be used to call 911 in an emergency.  These cell phone companies rip us off left and right and maybe even in 3D.  Thanks

Re: Good Money

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 16, 2012
0
(0)

Economics wrote:

Oh!  But it does work.  I used it to call their 800 number.  I tried to call my home telephone, but it asked me to charge the call to a credit card or either.... I believe a debit card.  I was told what my 800 number was; What!  I thought that they had never heard of me.  I did not know that I had an 800 number.  Now I am thingking maybe other 800 numbers can be called from this phone as well.  AND of course, very importantly, it can be used to call 911 in an emergency.  These cell phone companies rip us off left and right and maybe even in 3D.  Thanks


you state - " I called the last service provider on it by thier 800 number." who was the last service provider? From the way you are explaining things it is not ATT unless I am missing something.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Good Money

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 17, 2012
0
(0)

Ameritech Cellular was the original service; then Verizon inherited my phone.   When I searched for my original carrier this week, I was lead to AT&T.  Like I said in the earlier post, the last carrier said that they could not activate a phone that did not have their name on it.

Re: Good Money

[ Edited ]
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Oct 17, 2012
0
(0)

Economics wrote:

Ameritech Cellular was the original service; then Verizon inherited my phone.   When I searched for my original carrier this week, I was lead to AT&T.  Like I said in the first post, the last carrier said that they could not activate a phone that did not have their name on it.


If it is a verzon based phone the device in incompatible with ATT;s network, they use two different types of communications. Verizon is CDMA and ATT is GSM, the base hardware is incompatible so it will not work

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Good Money

Solution
Share this post
Share this post