For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Philipmo05's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, December 29th, 2014 1:50 PM

Fraud Department False Accusations

I was an AT&T Customer for over 5 years. My services were interrupted due to a line that was open under my name without my knowledge. I called and open a claim to have it closed. In order for my services to be restored that customer care representative told me i have to pay the $90 that was past due on the account and they could move forward. I use my cell phone for business purposes so in order to not lose business i paid it. Heard nothing from ATT for a month. Just recently AT&T contact me by phone and the rep told me after looking into the account everything was taken care of and the account would be closed. I said thank you and that was the end of the conversation. A few hours later the same woman called again and stated that she will be closing all accounts due to phones being bought and not use. I asked to tell me what numbers they were where is the research. She was BEYOND RUDE! Probably the WORST customer service I have ever received. She didn’t even let me speak and told me that once she hung up the services would be terminated and HUNG UP ON ME!!!! I then had to use another phone to call the customer service line to try and get an explanation of what was going on. NO ONE, and I say this again NO ONE would help me or say what was going on. They even told me to call back and try and get someone else. I had several of my friends sitting there with me and they were appalled by how I was treated. Being a customer and being that I put a minimum of $9000 (not counted upgrades, insurance, and changes to account) into this company should at least be nice. Now I’ve lost two days’ worth of calls for my company due to RUDE INCOMPETENT REPRESENTATIVES. I use to love AT&T and tell everyone I knew to use this company. But now being treated the way I was by more than one employee puts a very nasty taste in my mouth. And I say this to anyone thinking about using this company. Think twice, they have been rated as the worst customer service across many outlets. The reason I am writing this cause I even tried to reestablish services after all the rudeness I received and still to this, I was put on hold for over 30 minutes, transferred THREE TIMES, and hung up on. When will excellence customer come into play?

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @Philipmo05 Thank you for posting!

I'm very sorry you're having some issues with your service, I can definitely understand how frustrating that could be. Our team will be happy to help you with that! Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

SO, i have received two emails regarding this issue and still no follow up since. Is anyone in the AT&T world going to let me know what is going on? If anything at all.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

If I were in your shoes...

I would be more concerned with the fact that your account and identification has been used to purchase several cell phones and activate at least the one on your account.

You are the victim of some kind of identity fraud. How widespread it is, who knows.
As the account owner, no one can make such transactions without your account number and your social security number.
You should go into AT&T store and have them port your number to a different account number. Change all your passwords, email, bank accounts, EVERYTHING.
Run your credit report and verify all bank and cards on the account.
Make sure your credit report has only your name and your address on it.

And thank you AT&T fraud department for alerting you to what could become a major disaster.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

At @Lizdance40, I dont think you read my statement all the way. I can no longer get services with AT&T cause after "detailed research" i am the one that is creating the fraud. I caught the fraud myself and reported it to them and i made the claim on the fraud. These JOKES think i would report fraud and then create it all myself. Why would i do that!?

SO AT&T has done it again with the negative customer service. They keep sending me emails saying to contact them about my cancelled account, by the way it is the account they have closed. So i call them like the email requested me to. Not only am i transferred twice but i get to the fraud department and the lady has an attitude tell me that they did not contact me nor want to talk to me. This company is getting worst by the day. And still no out reach regarding anything to do with this account.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

@ATTDmitriyCM so any progress? its been awhile. So quick to reply to look like i am being helped when actually i did my part, nothing received since.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

9 years ago

My point was that your personal information has gotten into the wrong hands.

At&t thinks you are the source. You know you aren't.

{edited for word filter evasion}

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @Philipmo05 

Thank you for the update. I've sent you a private message as some account specific details may be included, please reply to me directly if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.