Posted Apr 28, 2013
Emergency Alerts

I noticed Verizon & T-Mobile gets emergency alerts. Even on the iPhone, how come AT&T doesn't do this?? It'd be a great addition considering how much of a premium we pay for our smartphones.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
4-28-2013 3:09:59 PM
(0)

Dcookie wrote:

You can get emergency alerts through weather apps. I use WeatherBug on my smartphone and it provides me with whatever weather alerts that I need. Not sure why ATT doesn't provide them.

right now they do support a few phones

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB410692&cv=820,%20or%20Commercial%20Mobile%20Alert%20System%20(CMAS)#fbid=-mqVVUG1OBV

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Emergency Alerts

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 28, 2013
(0)

You can get emergency alerts through weather apps. I use WeatherBug on my smartphone and it provides me with whatever weather alerts that I need. Not sure why ATT doesn't provide them.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Emergency Alerts

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Apr 28, 2013
(0)

Dcookie wrote:

right now they do support a few phones

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB410692&cv=820,%20or%20Commercial%20Mobile%20Alert%20Sy...

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 28, 2013
(0)

Interesting...thanks for that, wingrider...but why only are a few supported?? Mine isn't. :smileysad:

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 29, 2013
(0)

Dcookie wrote:

Interesting...thanks for that, wingrider...but why only are a few supported?? Mine isn't. :smileysad:

Not sue, suspect it has to do with OS programming changes needed and maybe special hardware, have not looked into the frequency that the alert uses - suspect it is not a normal frequency since it goes to multiple type of devices.