Posted Jul 1, 2013
7:50:22 AM
Dispatch not honoring appointments

Two weeks ago, I made an appointment to upgrade my U-Verse from 1.5 mBit/s to 6.0. I made it for yesterday, June 30th, between 9-11am. The technician was rude and use cuss words several times throughout the appointment. He then explained that there was an issue and that another tech would be out shortly. That tech did arrive, was friendly, and fixed the issue. He told me that another install tech would be out to complete the installation. I waited and waited, but no one came. 

So I called technical support. They informed me that the technicians were busy working on another problem and would not be coming out. They then set me up for a 1-3pm appointment today. The problem is that I have an appointment for a mechanic at 2pm today that I made last week.

I called customer service to complain. They then routed me to technical support, who then told me that there may be some difficulty getting a tech out today. I am waiting for the technical support rep to call me back. I then asked to be routed back to customer service who then routed me back to technical support. I am currently 1 hour and 20 minutes into the phone call. 

This is ridiculous. I don't have time to set aside appointments if technicians are not going to honor those appointments. I've already spent the majority of my morning getting routed from customer service to technical support. I have better things to do with my time.

Dispatch not honoring appointments

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 1, 2013 8:03:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

Finally spoke with a technical support manager. Now they won't be able to do the install until July 6th. My appointment was on the 30th and they're citing 'unforeseen circumstances' as to why they're pushing it back to the 6th.

Again, no one was proactive in informing me of these changes. If I had not called technical support yesterday and today then I would have waited for a techinician that never would have arrived. 

Absolutely ridiculous. I'm now considering Comcast because my experience with AT&T U-verse has been so horrendous. If Gigabit Squared or Google Fiber come to town, I'm ditching AT&T and never looking back.

Re: Dispatch not honoring appointments

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 1, 2013 8:36:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 1, 2013 9:00:07 AM
(0)
Tutor

I spoke with an AT&T manager who routed me to the retention department. Since I already had the max amount of discounts from another issue (plus I'm due for $360 when the account closes) all he could do was re-schedule the appointment I had today. I highly doubt Customer Care can do anything else, but I sent them a PM. 

I'm also considering contacting the BBB, the FCC, and the attorney general as well as sending messages to the FB and Twitter accounts. Enough is enough.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 1, 2013 5:05:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

edward.holub wrote:

I spoke with an AT&T manager who routed me to the retention department. Since I already had the max amount of discounts from another issue (plus I'm due for $360 when the account closes) all he could do was re-schedule the appointment I had today. I highly doubt Customer Care can do anything else, but I sent them a PM. 

I'm also considering contacting the BBB, the FCC, and the attorney general as well as sending messages to the FB and Twitter accounts. Enough is enough.

Customer care is not the same as customer service and they get things done when normal methods fail.

Feel free to contact those other agencies, but it's nothing more than to make you feel better as you won't get anywhere with them.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 1, 2013 5:26:20 PM
(0)
Tutor

oufanindallas wrote:

Customer care is not the same as customer service and they get things done when normal methods fail.

Feel free to contact those other agencies, but it's nothing more than to make you feel better as you won't get anywhere with them.

Yes, I understand the difference between the two. Actually, I understood it when you said it the first time. So thanks for repeating it. 

Pray tell, I'm interested in just how customer care is going to offer me something better than what customer service, technical support, AND retention already has. 

And what is that last part supposed to mean? I'm sure I'll get farther with the Better Business Bureau mediating than I can do on my own. In fact, that statement is quite contentious, especially coming from a representative.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 2, 2013 12:15:56 PM
(0)
Guru

Ah, so it sounds like your ticket was jeopardized due to an engineering issue. You would have to be provided more information so I can better explain the situation. For instance, engineering is engaged when construction or city permits are required, when there is no U-verse provisioned pair running to your house, and other like-scenarios.

Also, it seems suspicious that you needed a technician to upgrade from 1.5Mbps to 6Mbps. Did you have DSL and switched to U-verse? Normally, there is an upgrade order placed remotely to change your bandwidth and will go through within 3-5m of placing the order if you had U-verse the whole time.

With the possible (not sure with the info you provided) engineering issue, you'd be very suspised as to what specialty escalation teams within U-verse can do that are not readily available from customer service, tech support, and retentions. It does depend on what the issue is though. There are some scenarios that can be expedited, but others including construction where city permits are required, cannot.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 2, 2013 12:28:03 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi edward.holub,

I just wanted to check in and let you know that we received your private message and one of our managers will be looking into this and reaching out to you soon.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 2, 2013 8:29:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

bauwls wrote:

Ah, so it sounds like your ticket was jeopardized due to an engineering issue. You would have to be provided more information so I can better explain the situation. For instance, engineering is engaged when construction or city permits are required, when there is no U-verse provisioned pair running to your house, and other like-scenarios.

Also, it seems suspicious that you needed a technician to upgrade from 1.5Mbps to 6Mbps. Did you have DSL and switched to U-verse? Normally, there is an upgrade order placed remotely to change your bandwidth and will go through within 3-5m of placing the order if you had U-verse the whole time.

With the possible (not sure with the info you provided) engineering issue, you'd be very suspised as to what specialty escalation teams within U-verse can do that are not readily available from customer service, tech support, and retentions. It does depend on what the issue is though. There are some scenarios that can be expedited, but others including construction where city permits are required, cannot.

My account has alway been a Uverse account. I believe (I honestly can't remember it's been so long) that I was originally set up for Uverse and everything was supposedly set up. Then I had an issue with service and a customer rep said 'how does 12MB/s sound?' I kind of took it for granted afterwards that I had those speeds (really dumb of me for not checking speedtest right off the bat). 

I nearly flipped when I found out I was maxed at 1.5 due to my distance from the hub (over 10,000 per the tech). But he also informed me that there was a fiber optic box a block away. Based on this information I assumed I was on DSL which was being dubbed Uverse and that once I'm hooked up to the 'fiber' then I'll have 'true' Uverse.

Anyway, I called and scheduled the appointment on June 30th and then the above happened. What bothers me the most is that I could have been doing other things with my time (Pride parade was happening a mile south of me) but I was chained to my apartment. Additionally, no one had the thought to contact me in regards to either appointment.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 4, 2013 10:55:46 AM
(0)
Tutor

A friendly, knowledgeable, and personable technician came to my apartment yesterday and installed the necessary cable. It required drilling and laying a new cable to my apartment. He activated and confirmed activity on my line prior to leaving. While I was happy with his service, I am perturbed that it took several hours on the phone with tech support and an e-mail to the office of the president to achieve results.