Posted Sep 20, 2013
DSL Upgrade

I am trying to upgrade from dsl ultra to dsl exteme 6.0, but when I enter my phone number for availablity I get a message saying I am at top speed. Obviously I am not at top speed with ultra.  What can I do?

DSL Upgrade

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 20, 2013
(0)
ACE - Master

langh wrote:

I am trying to upgrade from dsl ultra to dsl exteme 6.0, but when I enter my phone number for availablity I get a message saying I am at top speed. Obviously I am not at top speed with ultra.  What can I do?

What that message means:  

The distance between you and the source of your DSL signal prohibits speeds higher than what you are already receiving..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: DSL Upgrade

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 22, 2013
(0)
Contributor

How can one resolve this? Is there a way to petition to have the wiring upgraded or a new signal installed closer?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 23, 2013
(0)
ACE - Master

IrishRedCoat wrote:

How can one resolve this? Is there a way to petition to have the wiring upgraded or a new signal installed closer?

Unfortunately, if there are no other providers in your area, you only have two choices. Move, or wait, and waiting could very well prove futile. AT&T operates on their own timeline and there's nothing you can do to speed up improvements in your area (if any are planned).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.