Posted Oct 10, 2011
Corporate Discount

I signed up for ATT and placed my order on Friday.  Today I find out that my mother's company has corporate discount for ATT members.  I read that the discounts include credit for new service and activation, but it has to be done by ordering through the Premier Portal.  Also, there are discounts on the monthly bill.  How do I apply the credit and the monthly discount?

I tried registering on the ATT site, but my number is not in the system yet.  I had placed in my order to move my current number from another carrier.  I think that since the number is not moved over yet until I activate my phone, the system will not let me register on the site.

Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
10-13-2011 7:15:36 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

HYEE wrote:

Thank you all for your assistance.  The order is placed under my mom's name, and it is a family plan.

I have contacted ATT by phone, and the rep told me that the credit is not retroactive.  If I call and get another rep, would that rep apply the credit?

Sorry, it was worth an ask to see if this type of credit could be applied retroactively, but it sounds like it's not. I suggest you do a close review of your employee discount plan to make sure you're getting everything that it offers. 

Accepted Solution

Corporate Discount

22 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(22)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 11, 2011
(0)
Professor

HYEE wrote:

I signed up for ATT and placed my order on Friday.  Today I find out that my mother's company has corporate discount for ATT members.  I read that the discounts include credit for new service and activation, but it has to be done by ordering through the Premier Portal.  Also, there are discounts on the monthly bill.  How do I apply the credit and the monthly discount?

I tried registering on the ATT site, but my number is not in the system yet.  I had placed in my order to move my current number from another carrier.  I think that since the number is not moved over yet until I activate my phone, the system will not let me register on the site.

Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks.

Since your number's not yet listed in the system like you said, it may take a little bit of time for your info to update and be avaialble for processing under this discount.   AS far as applying, etc, I dont  know as far as it being your mother's job that offering the percentage off. I have always thoguht its the employee him/herself only that gets the discount, but i could be wrong,  Maybe the discounts can apply to all lines on the plan, if it does... count ME in!

Re: Corporate Discount

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 11, 2011
(0)
ACE - Expert

We get a discount through my husband's place of employment. I've never done anything online but if you go to a corp store, there is a book they can look in for the person who gets the discount. I do not believe it applies to everyone and the discount will only come off of the whatever talk plan there is. For example, our talk plan should be $69.99 but with my husband's discount, we pay $60.

Hmmm...Rico, is that REALLY a 24% discount? :smileyindifferent:

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 11, 2011
(0)
Teacher

Thanks for the info.  I will wait for my order to come and then register online.  I will then try and apply the discount.  So the discount will only apply to the plan, not the total monthly bill?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 11, 2011
(0)
ACE - Expert

HYEE wrote:

Thanks for the info.  I will wait for my order to come and then register online.  I will then try and apply the discount.  So the discount will only apply to the plan, not the total monthly bill?

Yes, just on the plan itself. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 11, 2011
(0)
Teacher

Also in the corporate discount, I read that new service ordered online can get up to $25 credit.  How do I apply this when I already ordered before knowing this?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 12, 2011
(0)
ACE - Expert

HYEE wrote:

Also in the corporate discount, I read that new service ordered online can get up to $25 credit.  How do I apply this when I already ordered before knowing this?

Not sure, sorry. Maybe someone else can chime in here. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 12, 2011
(0)
Mentor
I doubt you will be able to get the $25 credit as that only applies at the time of purchase.

As far as the corporate discount is concerned, it will vary from company to company. My company discount is 25% service for my spouse and I. There are restricitons, however, such as the discount doesn't apply to Iphone data packages, etc.

There is no way knowing what the corporate discount will cover for you specifically, if anything at all. Are you on a family plan with you mom? If not, the discount may not even apply.

With my corp discount, I can get the % off and waived activation fees if I order outside of the premiere portal but I lose the equipment discounts (I think we get a $40 credit extra if ordered through the portal).

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 12, 2011
(0)
ACE - Professor
For the corporate discount, the account must be in your mother's name. You cannot use your mother's discount.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 12, 2011
(0)
Professor
I was going to use the discount but wanted less cogs as possible in my unlimited account,...the fewer wheels to adjust, the fewer "things to break" and possibly swiping away my unlimited.....then getting told "cant fix or bring it back". So im content without my corp discount......for now....

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 12, 2011
(0)
Employee
Make sure that the account is in your mothers name. If the account is in your name, you will not be eligible for discounts offered by your mom's place of employment.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 12, 2011
(0)
Employee
@Rico, any discounts applied to your unlimited plan would be moot. Unlimited plans are not eligible for additional discounts as they are already discounted by being unlimited. :smileyhappy:
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 12, 2011
(0)
Professor

imstef wrote:
@Rico, any discounts applied to your unlimited plan would be moot. Unlimited plans are not eligible for additional discounts as they are already discounted by being unlimited. :smileyhappy:

Imstef, You are correct :smileyhappy: , I was basically referring to a personal experience where I added auto assistance to my primary number not long back and the csr somehow got things so turned around it "resulted in a type of change that flagged my account" and lost my unlimited...whew! That was one of those "lemme speak with the mgr moments"... Gladly everything was reversed. So I just said forget any changes for now... Couldve just been someone new, but for me, for now, the less cogs in my account.... :smileyhappy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 12, 2011
(0)
Scholar

If you have an email with the company (not personal ex. gmail, yahoo, aol, etc) you can apply for the discount via www.att.com/wirelessdiscounts

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 12, 2011
(0)
Former Community Manager

HYEE wrote:

Hi HYEE - You may be able to ask for the credit to be applied post order, however I cannot guarantee it would be. If you'd like to speak with someone to see if your employee discount can be retroactive, please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 12, 2011
(0)
Former Community Manager

HYEE wrote:

Hi HYEE - You may be able to ask for the credit to be applied post order, however I cannot guarantee it would be. If you'd like to speak with someone to see if your employee discount can be retroactive, please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 12, 2011
(0)
Teacher

Thank you all for your assistance.  The order is placed under my mom's name, and it is a family plan.

I have contacted ATT by phone, and the rep told me that the credit is not retroactive.  If I call and get another rep, would that rep apply the credit?

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 13, 2011
(0)
Mentor
most likely not

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Oct 13, 2011
(0)
Former Community Manager

HYEE wrote:

Sorry, it was worth an ask to see if this type of credit could be applied retroactively, but it sounds like it's not. I suggest you do a close review of your employee discount plan to make sure you're getting everything that it offers. 

--------------

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 13, 2011
(0)
Teacher

Thank you all for your advice and tips.  Much appreciated.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 14, 2011
(0)
Former Community Manager

Happy to help and welcome to the community :smileyhappy: We hope you stick around!

--------------

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 7, 2011
(0)
Contributor

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE!         they tell you there is a corporate discount, they encourage you to apply! Then they give you the run-a-round! Your numbers are wrong, your identification isn't the right kind.  you will send in your papers dozens of times and never get acknowledgment that they were received, and when you call they tell you the numbers were wrong. AGAIN!.  We, at my job, were told by a A T & T salesperson that we were eligible, and all who carried A T & T all applied. NOT ONE PERSON has received a discount of any kind. not one! We started the process in April of 2011 and here it is December!   don't fall into a paperwork trap! Just know that A T & T says they will, but they are being so dishonest when they say that. ITS ALL A LIE!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 29, 2012
(0)
Contributor

How to apply for Corporate discount? I just got AT&T wireless service.