Posted Aug 12, 2012
8:21:18 PM
View profile
Cancelled service activation

I have cancelled my service last month because I thought I would not go back to U.S. but, I have changed my mind and I will go back to U.S. this week.

However, the phone service is cancelled, and I want to know if I can activate the phone with same phone number and same account with same contract.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 16, 2012 8:05:31 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Aug 16, 2012 at 8:06:30 AM

Yes, as ukmnz noted, you can resume your account if it's within 59 days of cancellation. Typically, the number will still be available but if not, the care representative will help establish a new one. 

If it's 60+ days after cancellation, we'd start a new account for you. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Cancelled service activation

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 12, 2012 11:56:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

You can reactivate your service within 59 days and everything goes back to the way it was. A credit check is run, and based on your history, a deposit may be required. If you had a good paying history, I doubt you'll be asked for a deposit. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Cancelled service activation

2 of 3 (2,455 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 16, 2012 8:05:31 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager
Edited by jamileh on Aug 16, 2012 at 8:06:30 AM

Yes, as ukmnz noted, you can resume your account if it's within 59 days of cancellation. Typically, the number will still be available but if not, the care representative will help establish a new one. 

If it's 60+ days after cancellation, we'd start a new account for you. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Cancelled service activation

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (2,361 Views)
Solution