Need help understanding your bill?
peterbdw's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013 10:41 AM

Can I get an AT&T account without SSN# because I am an international student currently in US?

Can I get an AT&T account without SSN# because I am an international student currently in US? I have been study in US for three years and still failed to have a AT&T account because I don't have a SSN#, I am four months away from 18th birthday. I just got my Iphone5S for thanksgiving gift and I wonder if I can ever get an account without SSN#.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@peterbdw wrote:

Can I get an AT&T account without SSN# because I am an international student currently in US? I have been study in US for three years and still failed to have a AT&T account because I don't have a SSN#, I am four months away from 18th birthday. I just got my Iphone5S for thanksgiving gift and I wonder if I can ever get an account without SSN#.

your best bet is to set it up as a gophone, no credit check, no secuirty deposit and you don;t have to be 18

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/prepaidplans.html

you want the 60.00 plan for everything to work on the iphone

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

Hey peterbdw,

We do have accounts for customers' without SSN's, but your age and history makes me concerned that not only will you be required to wait until your birthday, but additionally pay have a deposit.

Like wingrider101, I reccomend you check instead if the phone can be used on goPhone service, ATT's prepaid. No credit checks or other similar requirements

-Alex

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for your reply. It is ok to pay a deposit but what does it mean " your age and history makes me concerned"

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@peterbdw wrote:

Thank you for your reply. It is ok to pay a deposit but what does it mean " your age and history makes me concerned"

under 18 cannot enter into a contract, history refers to credit history, for a regular account if you have little, no or bad credit there can be a security deposit required of up to a 1000.00 that will be held for a period of 1 year before it is returned

Guru

• 

552 Messages

10 years ago

Check out Airvoice, Straight Talk, and T-Mobile. They have good prices for prepaid.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@harryspar wrote:
Check out Airvoice, Straight Talk, and T-Mobile. They have good prices for prepaid.

first off, it is a Iphone 5S, locked to att and since they never were a customer for att the phone cannot be unlocked, current unlock policy is only available for a current or previous att customer, second  the phone will be useless when they return home since it is locked to the carrier and cannot be unlocked

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@wingrider01 wrote:

@harryspar wrote:

first off, it is a Iphone 5S, locked to att and since they never were a customer for att the phone cannot be unlocked, current unlock policy is only available for a current or previous att customer, second  the phone will be useless when they return home since it is locked to the carrier and cannot be unlocked

Straight Talk is still an option since it actually uses the AT&T network and will work with AT&T compatible phones, locked or not.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@harryspar wrote:

Straight Talk is still an option since it actually uses the AT&T network and will work with AT&T compatible phones, locked or not.

that was a general reference to 3rd party MVNO providers, not specificly for pointed at any one of them

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@harryspar wrote:

As of July, at least, Straight Talk no longer provided SIM cards for iPhones. That was major reason for me to swtich back from Straight Talk to Go Phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

10 years ago

@MicCheck wrote:

@sandblaster wrote:

@wingrider01 wrote:

@harryspar wrote:

As of July, at least, Straight Talk no longer provided SIM cards for iPhones. That was major reason for me to swtich back from Straight Talk to Go Phone.

They do sell sims for iphones, just has to be an iphone 4s or earlier model because they only seem to sell regular size and micro-sims, no nano-sims.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.