For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Sansarx's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 17th, 2014 1:09 AM

Can I finance a phone on an existing line?

If I have an existing line but no phone for it can I finance a new phone so I don't have to pay the full price for the smartphone?

Thanks

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

If you are eligible, you can by using NEXT, which allows you to pay for the phone over 24 months.

Depending on the phone you are looking at, you can buy some through the manufacturer and they will allow financing. Apple for one has financing through their site.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Sansarx wrote:
If I have an existing line but no phone for it can I finance a new phone so I don't have to pay the full price for the smartphone?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but it sounds like you want a discount on purchsing the phone, and you want AT&T to finance it for you too.  I don't think you can have both.  You can get free financing using the AT&T NEXT program, but you pay the full price for the phone.  You can get a contract subsidized discount on the purchase of a smartphone, but you have to pay your portion of the purchase price up front (no financing there).  AT&T does not offer financing for contract subsidized phones at this time, so if you are looking at a 16GB iPhone 6, then you will have to pay $199 up gront to get the phone on a 2 year service contract, or finance the full $649 using AT&T NEXT.

Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

10 years ago

In addition to what has been said, you'll also have to add a data plan to the line if it doesn't already have one.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.