Posted Sep 5, 2013
AT&T tech install no show for the 3rd day/appointment

This is the third 8am - 12 scheduled tech appointment and yet again a no show from AT&T. Its now past 1:20pm. We are still without phone service that was not correctly installed weeks ago. Not one department talks to the other, and dispatch is worthless. To make it worse the tech/installer on Tues (2 days ago) called at 6:30pm to say he had been stuck in traffic coming from Napa and would be arriving soon for an appointment that was pre - scheduled over the weekend for Wed. after many phone calls of hours on the phone, with yet another wireless moden delivered that still did not work. This tech never arrived nor called again.

When the tech did not show up for the original 4 hour window 8am - 12 the next day (wed).... I called AT&T yet agin and was transfered around to 7 different call centers over 2 hours only to find out their was no record of our scheduled Wed appointment. And that the tech had offically logged in our residence as having no one there when he arrived. I find this amazing and incompetent. Exactly what is the problem with AT&T customer service?

AT&T tech install no show for the 3rd day/appointment

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 6, 2013
(0)
ACE - Master

jerry is angry wrote:

This is the third 8am - 12 scheduled tech appointment and yet again a no show from AT&T. Its now past 1:20pm. We are still without phone service that was not correctly installed weeks ago. Not one department talks to the other, and dispatch is worthless. To make it worse the tech/installer on Tues (2 days ago) called at 6:30pm to say he had been stuck in traffic coming from Napa and would be arriving soon for an appointment that was pre - scheduled over the weekend for Wed. after many phone calls of hours on the phone, with yet another wireless moden delivered that still did not work. This tech never arrived nor called again.

When the tech did not show up for the original 4 hour window 8am - 12 the next day (wed).... I called AT&T yet agin and was transfered around to 7 different call centers over 2 hours only to find out their was no record of our scheduled Wed appointment. And that the tech had offically logged in our residence as having no one there when he arrived. I find this amazing and incompetent. Exactly what is the problem with AT&T customer service?

Sorry to hear of your install insanity.

Someone should make contact with you shortly. To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.  List Private Messages

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: AT&T tech install no show for the 3rd day/appointment

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 6, 2013
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, jerry is angry.

I'm so sorry to hear that your installation did not go as planned. I know how frustrating that is.

If you don't mind sending our U-verse team a private message by clicking here, we can look into that for you. Be sure to include your name, email address, phone number, and the best time to reach you. To check for a reply, simply click on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks!

-Mariana

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 6, 2013
(0)
Scholar

ATTMarianaCM wrote:

Hello, jerry is angry.

I'm so sorry to hear that your installation did not go as planned. I know how frustrating that is.

If you don't mind sending our U-verse team a private message by clicking here, we can look into that for you. Be sure to include your name, email address, phone number, and the best time to reach you. To check for a reply, simply click on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Hi Mariana,

Who can I contact at AT&T to try to fix the support infrastructure.  It's obviously broken.  From what I see here, people come here because they've become irate about their experiences with the call centers.  From what I can tell, many people have trouble with the procedural process and the way tickets are generated.  The PMs here are really only a bandage to the failure at the support center.  Your job should really be uneccesary, because problems should never get this far.  I suspect that there are people that do give up.  I've also seen people here with problems that have lasted a year.  These service problems should never take this long.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013
(0)
ACE - Master

willchen wrote:

ATTMarianaCM wrote:

Hello, jerry is angry.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Hi Mariana,

Who can I contact at AT&T to try to fix the support infrastructure.  It's obviously broken.  From what I see here, people come here because they've become irate about their experiences with the call centers.  From what I can tell, many people have trouble with the procedural process and the way tickets are generated.  The PMs here are really only a bandage to the failure at the support center.  Your job should really be uneccesary, because problems should never get this far.  I suspect that there are people that do give up.  I've also seen people here with problems that have lasted a year.  These service problems should never take this long.

willchen,

As I've resonded in the other thread, you may think that the system is broken based on your experience, it's not.  Is there room for improvement, sure, but no provider or business is perfect.  EVERY business has an escalation team to handle situations when normal methods fail.  As for problems lasting a year, I'd take those posters with a grain of salt. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 7, 2013
(0)
Scholar

Ok, I admit that I should have worded it better.

It's not a problem for the majority of people.  The support structure is broken for the people that need their tickets escalated to the next level.  It's broken for complex problems that don't follow a script.  It's broken because calling the support center to update the ticket closes the previous ticket and opens a new one.  Their script calls for that.  No amount of explaining to add to the previous ticket and that you already have a ticket open will deviate them from their script.  This is broken.  It took a few calls for me to realize that.  I'm not an AT&T insider, so I wouldn't immediately know how it works.

If you're calling AT&T for support, you shouldn't be given an individual line tech's personal number on a piece of paper that might be lost or misplaced just so you can continue your ticket within 30 days.  You should always be directed to the centralized 800 number to update your ticket.  Calling the tech, means leaving a message on a cell phone voice mail.  We have all experience garbled signals on a cell phone.  We have all sat there rewinding the message trying to make heads or tails of a garbled, mumbled or incoherent message.  And AT&T expects these techs to update their tickets on a touch tablet, with no real keyboard at another customer's site or in transit to another customer's site.  Their entries will be overly brief.  They can't focus on the real task at hand.

I've been told via PM that the field techs are not allowed to be on the phone while they're driving.  It's also illegal in a few states.  I've also been told that what I've describe above shouldn't be happening.  This makes sense, but, of course this doesn't happen.  I should be able to call the 800 number at the call center to have them update the field tech's ticket.  The field tech's iPads could be mounted in their vans to show an alert that a ticket was updated.  I'm sure they use it for directions and maps already.  They don't need all the details, just an alert that an update occured.  The field tech will then not have to stop their van and juggle their phones and ipads and waste time with data entry between customer sites or be interrupted at the customer site with new issues.  They should concentrate on their task at hand.  Right now it doesn't work this way.  I've called that field tech and while I'm updating him on the issue, he tells me he's with another customer at the site working on another ticket, basically cutting me off.  This is utterly inefficient.  This needs to be fixed.  This is what the PM told me should happen.  This is what I described should happen.  It doesn't.

So, yes, I will say again, the AT&T tech support infrastructure is broken.  You seem quite dismissive about what is a real issue.  If you don't like reading the legitimate issue and actually solving the deeper problems, then please don't read them and don't respond. You're not the voice of AT&T and I understand that.  I also wasn't addressing you.  I addressed Marianna, an AT&T employee, in an open Forum.  Yes I know she has specific work hours, and I can wait.  I'm paitent enough.

Of course nothing is perfect.  Of course every company has its share of problems.  I see a fixable problem and I want it fixed.  This is the problem I've encountered and this is what I'm trying to fix.  This is an online forum, or am I wrong about that?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 9, 2013
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, willchen!

I just wanted to let you know that I have sent you a private message. To read it, simply click on the little blue envelope in the upper right corner of your screen. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know!

Thanks!

-Mariana

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.