Get the myAT&T app
leenigh's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014 5:25 PM

AT&T, stop harassing me with your threatsl (this is not a request, it is a demand)

So, public viewing of this complaint is your choice as I tried to post this as a private message, but it seems impossible to find a link to post a private message!

Perhaps my new 'ranking' should be 'Complaintant' in that I have a MAJOR issue with your accusations of 'copyright infringement' through email contact.  Unless I missed a link somewhere, there is NO link to reply or otherwise refute these charges.  You CANNOT email individuals with veiled threats of government prosecution and refuse to supply a simple way to defend oneself against such accusations! At it's base level, it is unconstitutional! Not surprising in that the goverment is involved.

I did not download this material! I defy you to attempt to prove that I personally performed this download, my router was not hacked or my IP address was not spoofed in some way!

I have already been in contact with Teir 2 support about this matter with NO resolution and many denials and have full positive documentation including my analysis logs. Of course, you have our corrupt government backing your accusations so, I am probably screwed from the start! But, hat will not temper my enthusiasm to persue the matter...

It took me 2 months to get tier 2 support to address bad connection issues to the local switch. All I got when attempting to explain this issue was 'script support'. Inane questions that only a 'trained monkey' would asked when they were not trained to support the issues at hand. As it turns out, the issues were with your external equipment and NOT with my equipment or configuration as your so-called 'technical service' continued to imply. If I were a regular non-technical customer, this issue most likely would have never been resolved. But, as it stands, I am a network engineer and a computer scientist and can verify YOUR failures and justify MY complaints to your 'trained monkeys'. I continue to experience 'slow load' issues with various sites due either to your inadequate equipment or service - take your pick. No it is not my NAT, choice of DNS server, equipment, etc.  And, as a side comment: If my support desk handled complex customer issues with demostrably technically able customers as your's does, I would be terminated from my position, forthwith - and deserve it.

Another issue on the accusation of 'copyright infringement' is the acknowlegment process. Again, no link is supplied to dispute this accusation and the checkbox with the statement: 'I acknowledge I will not engage in any infinging conduct' is mandatory to acknowledge the receipt of the notice. What if I don't agree with the statement (e.g.: because I cannot monitor other user's activity 24 hours per day) but wish to acknowlege your threat?  Why even include the checkbox if one cannot submit the form with out it? Again, stupidity on your part and it demonstrates the quality of technical people you hire. This blatently bad web form programming practice! If you can supply a link to a web form that does not include the demand that I agree to this statement, I will acknowlge receipt of your email; otherwise, I defy you to terminate my service or interfere in any way with my use of the service for which I pay.

I sincerly dislike taking this agressive stance with anyone! It is distasteful and not within my nature. I would drop your sevice in a second and gladly pay out the contract term to terminate you. However, my association with your company is a neccessary evil I must endure given the inadequate/inept internet provider choices in my area and the fact that I require 24/7/365 service to my home office. Not implying that you can or do supply this level of service, but the other services suffer cable outages and satellite connection issues due to weather events, etc. and that is absolutely unacceptable given the remuneration you all demand for untenable service.

In closing, please refrain from making idle or veiled threats to me in the future! If you have irrefutable evidence that I perpetrated a crime, prosecute me. Otherwise, BACK OFF and stop wasting my time with this trash...

P.S. OH! and by the way - your 'post to' categories are unusable and only serve to attempt to divert customers to areas that will not address their issues - SHAME ON YOU!

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

I do hope that you realize that this does not constitute any form of formal notice to AT&T.  But I hope you feel better.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

No, I don't feel better...

So, how does one make 'fomal notice' to AT&T? There is no prescibed method on the web site and there is no pertenant contact information on the web site for complaints. When I ask support, I get a run-around about who to send this type of correspondence to. No corporate counsel is listed, etc.

Don't get me wrong, it's not just AT&T. A great deal of companies have chosen to hide behind obfuscated web site contact procedures, unavigable phone answering systems, poor or impromperly trained customer service tiers and on-line chat's that either use software to attempt to answer customer issues or personnel that either cannot or will not speak the language.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Your best bet is probably to click this AT&T logoCustomer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope  in the upper right hand corner of this site, next to your avatar and name) in a business day or three.

EDIT: I also wanted to point out that what AT&T has done is pretty much what is prescribed for them to do by the DMCA when a Copyright holder alleges infringement.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

Sooooo....what happened?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.