Posted Apr 12, 2014
3:40:58 PM
AT&T screws small business

Im so angery i'm almost incoherent.

At our retail store we have been working to get an E-store running on the net with an application from LightSpeed Retail .  I have proven, twice, that the AT&T network is stopping the application from working.  AT&T has sent techs, who say the net is good, but data transfers still stop  at some random point in the process for no apparent reason.   AT&T support refuses to even try to remedy the problem.  I have tried everything they have asked, some of them multiple times, and I cannot seem to get -any- real help from the monoply that is AT&T.

AT&T support fails because their people have no idea or iniative beyond the canned responses, questions, and forms in their so-called customer support systems.  It never fails to take at least three calls and atleast that many recitals of the issue to get to someone who has more than an impression of what a webserver really does.

AT&T has failed to provide the service we pay for and it has kept us from doing business on the net since October 2013.  We have spent hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars in this effort. -Today- I found that we can use TMobile cell service to transfer the data and manage our store. I also performed a test of the data transfer over the Comcast net by moving the entire system from the store to my home; this proves -again- that AT&T is failing to perform as promised.   If it were available in our location, would switch to Comcast in half a second.

Tech info:

The data transfer happens over SOAP api. It is not an unusual application, the data transferred ove a single session is less than 35 MB in each direction, and hundereds of other bisinesses use Lightspeed Webstore.  The data transfer is possible over 24K dial-up,  But AT&T cant get it going.

AT&T screws small business

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 14, 2014 12:33:24 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, levancil!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty getting this particular app to work. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: AT&T screws small business