Posted Dec 13, 2012
AT&T Work Being Done?

We've had U-verse here for years. We have a VRAD + Two other boxes on our lawn with a VRAD down the street. I would see the random AT&T visit every couple of months just to make sure everything is working right. This past week I've been seeing a truck driving up every day. I also saw stakes in the ground around the AT&T manhole by the VRAD. Any idea of what they could be doing?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
12-13-2012 5:42:59 PM
(0)
I would not worry about it. A lot of times, the tech is working with a tech in an office that is doing work on new equipment that was installed over night, or making sure that if a new trunk line that was spliced in, is working for a set of wire pair.

Just be glad that the guys are doing the work, and not letting the lines go to pot.

My father was a 4ESS tech for Ma Bell, and worked along 5ESS techs, prem & line techs out in the field all of the time. Of course, most of his work occurred at night after 9pm, which would be after working a 9 hour shift.
Accepted Solution

AT&T Work Being Done?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)
What color are the flags & paint lines along that path. it could be anything along that easement. A lot of times it is just for mapping purposes, so utilities can update their database & maps for what utilities are where in the easement.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: AT&T Work Being Done?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)

I didn't get to see if they added more today but yesterday there were red/brown stakes in the ground around it. AT&T has one truck out there for almost 3 hours or so now. Does it really take them that long and a visit everyday just for mapping database updating O_o?

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)
Darknessrise - Can you go out & chat up the people on-site?? I once stopped for a few minutes to talk with a tech testing circuits on a new VRAD. He was quite friendly.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Dec 13, 2012
(0)
Red is electric. Most likely your power company mapped for something, and it is just coincendental that ATT is doing work in the area that is non-related to the markings.

I see trucks in my area all of the time, and nearby there are usually ground markings for something ele. As I mentioned before, does not always mean that they are going to dig.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)

@Aviewer

Meh, they drove away about 20 mintues after my last post :smileytongue:. Don't really want to get in their way anyway :smileyhappy:.

gregzoll_1 wrote:
Red is electric. Most likely your power company mapped for something, and it is just coincendental that ATT is doing work in the area that is non-related to the markings.

I see trucks in my area all of the time, and nearby there are usually ground markings for something ele. As I mentioned before, does not always mean that they are going to dig.

I'll have to see what's there tomorrow. Just seems a little strange that AT&T would visit so often since they barely come here lol. When they do come they're usually in their truck messing around :smileytongue:.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Dec 13, 2012
(0)
I would not worry about it. A lot of times, the tech is working with a tech in an office that is doing work on new equipment that was installed over night, or making sure that if a new trunk line that was spliced in, is working for a set of wire pair.

Just be glad that the guys are doing the work, and not letting the lines go to pot.

My father was a 4ESS tech for Ma Bell, and worked along 5ESS techs, prem & line techs out in the field all of the time. Of course, most of his work occurred at night after 9pm, which would be after working a 9 hour shift.

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 13, 2012
(0)
Thanks for your responses :smileyhappy:.