Posted Jul 16, 2013
AT&T Next

I was wondering, if I wanted to get a iPhone 5 32GB  on AT&T Next Program.   I know there is not downpayment, no activcation fee or upgrade fee.  So that means no subsised price for the program?  Will the phone cost $749.99 or will it still cost $299.99-  I know the $299.99 is the subsdise price. 

I also know if you keep paying the monthly payments at 20 months the phone is yours to keep,  but if you reach 12 months you can trade in the phone and start a new monthly payment plan.

I was just also wondering -  I still can stay with the 2 year update with subdise price and the 2 year contact.

AT&T Next

21 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(21)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 16, 2013
(0)

Is this available for exisiting customers? I have 3 smartphones on my account and it'd be great to get a new phone after a year.

Re: AT&T Next

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 16, 2013
(0)

Looks like for both exsiting and new customers,  I think this program starts on the July  26

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 16, 2013
(0)
Inciarra,

Existing customers can take advantage of NEXT if they are no longer under a contract, the program is still new, so more details about it need to be researched on. But that's what it seems so far :smileyhappy:
~Sunshine :smileyhappy:
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 16, 2013
(0)
Bigelarkin,

Customers will have the option choosing either a contact plan as usual or with with AT&T Next, which is no contract :smileyhappy: As you said, you can get the phone for $0 with Next, but you will still pay the sales tax for the device
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 16, 2013
(0)

I found a link that will break down the pricing individually http://myattrpc.com/

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 16, 2013
(0)
Yeah, looks like the prices will remain the same thus far. :smileytongue: Only the equipment installment monthly price would be added to the bill

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 16, 2013
(0)

imciarra wrote:

Is this available for exisiting customers? I have 3 smartphones on my account and it'd be great to get a new phone after a year.

Great question! The NEXT program is available to existing customers whose lines are out of contract or eligible for a full upgrade. So, for example, I have an upgrade in Oct of 2014, I will need to wait until then to either renew my contract or switch to the NEXT option.

Dmitriy

Community Manager

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 16, 2013
(0)

Evandela wrote:
Yeah, looks like the prices will remain the same thus far. :smileytongue: Only the equipment installment monthly price would be added to the bill

If the plan prices aren't going to be lower for this no-contract option (and that myattrpc.com site says they won't be), than this is ludicrous.  The plan prices are significantly higher than no-contract competitors because they're subsidizing the phone purchase.  So now I'm supposed to pay the same plan price plus an installment on the phone?!?!?  AT&T better clarify this, because if that's the case, I'm out.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 16, 2013
(0)

glg wrote:

Evandela wrote:

If the plan prices aren't going to be lower for this no-contract option (and that myattrpc.com site says they won't be), than this is ludicrous.  The plan prices are significantly higher than no-contract competitors because they're subsidizing the phone purchase.  So now I'm supposed to pay the same plan price plus an installment on the phone?!?!?  AT&T better clarify this, because if that's the case, I'm out.

Actually if you work it out, it about washes, t-mobile does not subsidize the phone, you pay full retail. For a Iphone on t-mobile it is 149.95 down, 24.00 a month + 10.00 a month for the privlege to upgrade.  So it is prety much a wash

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 16, 2013
(0)

glg wrote:

Evandela wrote:

What you said is correct.  The monthly plan prices will stay the same while you would pay full price for the phone.  The only possible benefit that I see is if the customer can trade the phone in for the remaining balance at the end of one year with the phone and get a new phone.  Depending on whether or not the customer is one that would prefer to sell the phone on his own, this may or may not be a benefit.  But, selling on your own would remain an option anyway, and the customer could just use the proceeds from the sale to pay off the remaining balance owed on the phone.  Eventually, a full price will be paid for a phone somewhere in this scenario.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 17, 2013
(0)

I was just wondering,  I'm currently on a 2 year  contract,  so I can sign up for the AT&T Next program after my contracts, expires,  Then I have a option of the 2 year contract or the AT&T Next program,  and if I chosse the AT&T Next program,  and try that program is there anyway to go back to the 2 year contract?  I was just wondering.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 18, 2013
(0)
Bigelarkin,

Assuming that the 14 day buyers remorse period applies, yes you would be able to return the phone and choose another along with a two year agreement.

If its past the 14 days, I assume you WOULD be able to choose a two year contract still since its non contract but you would be liable to pay the phone. Just a guess. :smileytongue:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 18, 2013
(0)

I was just wondering if I sign for the next program, and try it for a while,  I would probally want to swicth back to a 2 year contarct with the phone that I was using with the AT&T Next program

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jul 18, 2013
(0)

Evandela wrote:

If its past the 14 days, I assume you WOULD be able to choose a two year contract still since its non contract but you would be liable to pay the phone. Just a guess. :smileytongue:

This is correct, since there is no contract, customers can switch back to a 2 year contract, but any remaining balance on the phone purchased under Next will need to paid off.

Community Manager

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 1, 2013
(0)
Just double checking since my contract is up in July of 2014, I kind go the the AT&T Next program and can do that for a while then go back to a 2year contract?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 1, 2013
(0)

bigelarkin wrote:
Just double checking since my contract is up in July of 2014, I kind go the the AT&T Next program and can do that for a while then go back to a 2year contract?

you can do it when your current contract is up.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 1, 2013
(0)
So I can keep on the AT&T Next program for as long as I want when my current contract expires. Then depending on how long I stay with he AT&T next then I can go back to a 2 year contract anytime that I want?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 1, 2013
(0)

Yes, but you will owe the full balance on your AT&T Next phone before you go back to a two-year contract.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 10, 2013
(0)
Couple more questions since I have a iPhone 4S and with a unlimited data plan. I was wondering if I switch to the Next program and get a galaxy s4 will I be able to keep my unlimited data plan?
If I trade in a galaxy s4 and go back to my iPhone would it still get the unlimited data plan. Since they are two different phones

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 17, 2013
(0)

anyone with a reply

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 18, 2013
(0)

bigelarkin wrote:
Couple more questions since I have a iPhone 4S and with a unlimited data plan. I was wondering if I switch to the Next program and get a galaxy s4 will I be able to keep my unlimited data plan?
If I trade in a galaxy s4 and go back to my iPhone would it still get the unlimited data plan. Since they are two different phones

Yes, you will be able to keep the unlimited plan.