Posted Nov 9, 2013
7:39:27 PM
"An error occurred while adopting this tab"

I re-built myYaHoo.com home page and now I get this error at the header, just above the content modules:  "An error occurred while adopting this tab", which I can remove by clicking on "OK", but it comes back when I return to my home page.  Is there any way to eliminate this "warning"?

Thanks for any help!

"An error occurred while adopting this tab"

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 11, 2013 10:57:11 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi evenstephen,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with your yahoo home page. Are you getting the same error when trying a different browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox?

If not, try to clear your cache and cookies.

Also, make sure your browser is updated to the most current version.

Hope this helps.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: "An error occurred while adopting this tab"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 13, 2013 6:47:01 AM
(0)
Mentor

.....yes. History is cleared and the same error message appears in other browsers.  I had to "re-build" my personal home page a few months past and this error did not apepar then.  I wonder if it has something to do with the building of the modules or new features offered.  Would you like to see a screen shot of the page with the error?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 13, 2013 8:23:29 AM
(0)
Community Support

That would be great. Thank you very much. Keep in mind when posting the screenshot to make sure to not post any personal information, such as your user-name.

Thank you,

David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 14, 2013 10:01:44 AM
(0)
Mentor

image001.png

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 14, 2013 10:23:19 AM
(0)
Community Support

Thank you for posting the picture. I tried to simulate it on my end but could not get the same results, so it may just be one of the customizations not working correctly or an issue with the OS or browsers.

I will be sending you a private message to get further information and see if I get the same error simulating it with your account.

-David T

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 15, 2013 6:18:19 AM
(0)
Mentor

...I managed to fix it already.  I opened another tab and dragged the modules from the corrupted tab to my new tab, deleted the privious tab and the "yellow" warning bar does not appear.  Thanks for helping.  :smileyhappy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 15, 2013 8:13:44 AM
(0)
Community Support

Thank you for letting us know what fixed it. I am glad everything is working!

-David T