Posted Jan 5, 2014
local channels missing

How come we don't get all of the local channels as advertised?  We don't get 4.1, 6.1, 6.2, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3 in the Miami market.  Comcast/Xfinity has some of them, we don't have any.  Why not?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
1-6-2014 10:56:10 AM
(0)

bonnier243 wrote:

How come we don't get all of the local channels as advertised?  We don't get 4.1, 6.1, 6.2, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3 in the Miami market.  Comcast/Xfinity has some of them, we don't have any.  Why not?

You are partially incorrect.  U-Verse does carry 4.1, 6.1, and 10.1 in the Miami market.  4.1 is U-Verse channel 4 SD and 1004 HD, 6.1 is ch. 6 SD and 1006 HD and 10.1 is  ch. 10 SD and 1010 HD.  

Who advertised that AT&T carries the .x subchannels (such as 6.2, 10.2)?  In 99.99% of the cases, AT&T does not carry the subchannels.  You can request them here but truthfully, AT&T's pattern is not tio carry them.  That is unfortunate, since you can't use the AT&T DVR, even if you can get them via an antenna.  :smileysad:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

local channels missing

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2014
(0)

bonnier243 - Nobody knows. It just is.

The bureaucrats used the TV carry rules as warm up to right the new affordable healthcare rules. The complexity bogles the mind.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: local channels missing

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 6, 2014
(0)

A majority of those channels you listed are sub-channels. AT&T U-verse has decided for some reason to not carry any subchannels in most markets. There are some execptions here and there but overall they just don't.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about U-Verse on the Xbox.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jan 6, 2014
(0)

bonnier243 wrote:

You are partially incorrect.  U-Verse does carry 4.1, 6.1, and 10.1 in the Miami market.  4.1 is U-Verse channel 4 SD and 1004 HD, 6.1 is ch. 6 SD and 1006 HD and 10.1 is  ch. 10 SD and 1010 HD.  

Who advertised that AT&T carries the .x subchannels (such as 6.2, 10.2)?  In 99.99% of the cases, AT&T does not carry the subchannels.  You can request them here but truthfully, AT&T's pattern is not tio carry them.  That is unfortunate, since you can't use the AT&T DVR, even if you can get them via an antenna.  :smileysad:

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 7, 2014
(0)
I get all the local channels free off of a cheap antenna with a better quality picture. Were it up to me, that is all that I would have, but my wife wants more channels than the 15 or so free ones off the antenna thus, I have Uverse. I dont think AT&T has to carry any channels unless they get a contract with the local stations, and I am sure neither wants to pay the other for ALL of them. METV is free off antenna, but it is also on Uverse too, so I have option to record that. We all watch TOO MUCH TV as it is!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 7, 2014
(0)

13rob13 wrote:
I get all the local channels free off of a cheap antenna with a better quality picture. Were it up to me, that is all that I would have, but my wife wants more channels than the 15 or so free ones off the antenna thus, I have Uverse. I dont think AT&T has to carry any channels unless they get a contract with the local stations, and I am sure neither wants to pay the other for ALL of them. METV is free off antenna, but it is also on Uverse too, so I have option to record that. We all watch TOO MUCH TV as it is!

Right about that part in red.  Local stations have a choice.  "Must carry" of the main (.1) station or negotiate via a carriage agreement.  Most local stations have went with the latter.  That being said, I have heard that AT&T is looking at carrying the additional subchannels but it may be a few years.  Some of the rest of your opinions I don't completely agree with.  OTA antenna's work good unless 1) you are too close 2) too distant or 3) have lots of multi-path "distractions."  I suffer from #1 and 3, lol.