Posted Feb 6, 2013
7:01:18 AM
chromebook access
Edited by Phil-101 on Feb 6, 2013 at 2:08:08 PM

i just got a new CHROMEBOOK and i need help getting on line. any help from anyone?

[edited for privacy]

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Mar 22, 2013 8:14:55 AM
(0)

Hi Ken,

I have checked the specifications for the different Chromebook models and none of them seem to have mobile connectivity. The only way to connect your device to the internet is through wireless. We do have a device that would give you that capability to connect anywhere called a hotspot, use the following link to check out some of our devices:

https://www.att.com/global-search/search.jsp?App_ID=HOME&autoSuggest=FALSE&tabPressed=FALSE&q=hotspot#!/Shop/Wireless/Wireless phones & devices/

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

JustinF

Accepted Solution

chromebook access

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 21, 2013 10:42:11 PM
(0)

Hi,

Do you have a router? If you do you should be able to find the network name and password attached to the side, unless you set this up yourself. Please let me know if you need guidance on how to set it up.

Thank you,

JustinF

___

I am an AT&T ConnecTech employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I'm here to help with any technical issues you may have but if you need advanced ConnecTech support over the phone, please visit the
ConnecTech website or call 1-800-344-1734 (Phone support is available 8 am – 11 pm Central Time, 7 days a week)

Re: chromebook access

2 of 5 (2,091 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 22, 2013 5:43:17 AM
(0)
Tutor
Hi Justin, thank you for your response. at one location I have a router and finally figured out how to get it going.
But I thought I could use this unit to get online from anywhere? Does the unit have its own number that I could use to get online from anywhere? I need instructions on wifi, just how it works... Ken

3 of 5 (2,079 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Mar 22, 2013 8:14:55 AM
(0)

Hi Ken,

I have checked the specifications for the different Chromebook models and none of them seem to have mobile connectivity. The only way to connect your device to the internet is through wireless. We do have a device that would give you that capability to connect anywhere called a hotspot, use the following link to check out some of our devices:

https://www.att.com/global-search/search.jsp?App_ID=HOME&autoSuggest=FALSE&tabPressed=FALSE&q=hotspo... phones & devices/

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

JustinF

___

I am an AT&T ConnecTech employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I'm here to help with any technical issues you may have but if you need advanced ConnecTech support over the phone, please visit the
ConnecTech website or call 1-800-344-1734 (Phone support is available 8 am – 11 pm Central Time, 7 days a week)

4 of 5 (2,076 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 23, 2013 5:12:44 AM
(0)
Tutor
thank you, i've got a lot more reading to do. ken

5 of 5 (2,062 Views)