Posted Jan 1, 2014
baby TV channels not available any longer starting 1/1/2014

it appears babytv (330) and baby first is no longer available, at least in my area (Birmingham, AL) . i chatted and confirmed. Thanks for the heads up ATT. I have a son who's on the autism spectrum. Needless to say it didn't make for a good start to the new year for him to wake up and not have the channel he's accustomed to seeing in the morning. ugh.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
1-1-2014 6:04:50 AM
(0)

Here is the info on Baby First TV:

BabyFirst, the child development TV network devoted to delivering high-quality child development programming to tots and their parents, makes its debut on AT&T U-verse® TV Sept. 30.* Aaron Slator, President, Content and Advertising, AT&T, and Guy Oranim, Chief Executive Officer of BabyFirst made the announcement Thursday.

The award-winning network will be included in the U-family and U300 packages and above, reaching more than 3 million homes. It will be available on Channel 310 in Standard Definition.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=24835&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=37031

And BabyTV

BABYTV LAUNCHES ON AT&T U-VERSE

Network Available on U-family Package Channel 330

What is strange is it says it's only available on the U-family package, at least everywhere I looked on google.  I guess that backs up what ACE - Professor dwinth posted about the notice  "Effective December 6, Baby TV (channel 330) will no longer be available in U100 and above packages.".                 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
57 replies
(6) Me too
(6) Me too
Replies
(57)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 2, 2014
(0)
If we didn't cause the OPW to run away, and if they decide to contribute more and come back, might I suggest channels 5123 or 5124?

I really do hope they come back.

Re: baby TV channels not available any longer starting 1/1/2014

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 2, 2014
(0)

Baby TV is still being offered in my area in the U-family package and the U450 package.  It amazes me the channel is only being offered in the low-end package and the higher package.  We're talking about a channel targeted at infants and young children, not a movie channel.  ugh!  my 6 month old is not going to be happy about missing out on "her stories", but I can't justify paying over $30.00 a month more for one channel.  Thank you for the sweet holiday gift, AT&T!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 2, 2014
(0)

daddydrew wrote:

Baby TV is still being offered in my area in the U-family package and the U450 package.  It amazes me the channel is only being offered in the low-end package and the higher package.  We're talking about a channel targeted at infants and young children, not a movie channel.  ugh!  my 6 month old is not going to be happy about missing out on "her stories", but I can't justify paying over $30.00 a month more for one channel.  Thank you for the sweet holiday gift, AT&T!

Your 6 month old can comprehend what's on TV and what channel you're watching? You must have a wunderkind.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about U-Verse on the Xbox.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 2, 2014
(0)
These OPW's really are becoming ridiculous.

Hey, I wonder if that six-month-old will be HS class president at age 11. You never know.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2014
(0)

I'm not a parent. But the use of the word Baby in the name of these programmers, for babies, is getting to be too much.

Baby First.

Baby TV.

Baby, It's Cold Outside.

Oh, my!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2014
(0)

daddydrew wrote:

I will agree - the pairing of only U-Family and U-450 is one of the oddest package / placements that I have seen!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2014
(0)

Well, next time they offer a preview, record three hours of it and you'll be set! :smileyvery-happy: :smileytongue:

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2014
(0)

baseballisback wrote:

Well, next time they offer a preview, record three hours of it and you'll be set! :smileyvery-happy: :smileytongue:

You are too funny!

At any rate, I have not checked these channels out until this week, well actually only channel 310, since I'm too Middle Class to get ch. 330 :smileytongue:.  At any rate, I'm 51 and I found the "moving blocks" on 310 to be very relaxing.  :smileyhappy:  Now if I can just get someone to put me to bed and give me a bottle, I'd be fine.  Maybe filled with Kahlua and milk?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2014
(0)

Thank you for your response. I will not argue someone elses opinions. I have a 3 year old and 4 month old. I enjoyed the classical bed time music and colorful videos for my baby and my eldest enjoyed seeing his brother content. As a parent, it is important to keep family life a consistent priority. I simply, as many parents on Facebook have stated, am disappointed with ATT's decision to remove a popular children's programming station.

(BTW- it's my 3 year old who wanted the dish back, so his brother could be happy.)

Re: Baby Tv gone

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2014
(0)

Baby TV I believe is part of Fox's European networks. Baby First TV is a completely different network. They were supposed to drop Baby TV awhile ago but both are still on here (With U-300) on Channel 310 (Baby First) and 330 (Baby TV) 

Very tranquil programming. Really good if you want to fall asleep. That's probably why a lot of this programming exists. 

Re: Baby Tv gone

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2014
(0)

Brilliant idea, actually. Yesterday I had to downgrade from U-200 to U-Family just because of Baby TV channel. My 3 year old loves it for some reasons. So he clearly noticed when it was gone. In no way I am going to upgrade to U-450 and waste money on channels  I rarely watch just because of one channel, so I think I will follow your advice and DVR a few hours of Baby TV and just upgrade back U-200 or U-300. 

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 3, 2014
(0)

Lanadan -- When you downgrade, you may have to keep it for an entire month. I've heard of penalties for subscribers who don't keep a package for at least 30 days. When you upgrade, call the retention or sales departments and see what promos they have. Stay on top of the end dates or you'll get an unpleasant surprise when the promos end, as they all end without notice.

Jeremy -- Maybe that's my issue. I didn't think outside the box. You're right...the music was quite tranquil.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2014
(0)

baseballisback wrote:

Lanadan -- When you downgrade, you may have to keep it for an entire month. I've heard of penalties for subscribers who don't keep a package for at least 30 days(1). When you upgrade, call the retention or sales departments and see what promos they have. Stay on top of the end dates or you'll get an unpleasant surprise when the promos end, as they all end without notice.(2)

Jeremy -- Maybe that's my issue. I didn't think outside the box. You're right...the music was quite tranquil.

1. There are penalties for removing premium channels within 30 days. There's no penalty for upgrading.

2. All promotions end on the date specified by the promotion. If a promotion lasts for 6 months, then your notice that it expires in 6 months is given when you accept the promo. I believe you can also track this with your online account.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2014
(0)
I also have a 2 year old on the autism spectrum and we loved the baby tv channel. I followed the link to request the channel back but it says it is still offered even though it is not. Is there anything we can do about this? I am also in the Birmingham, Alabama, market. (Tuscaloosa)

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2014
(0)

Sueinbama wrote:
I also have a 2 year old on the autism spectrum and we loved the baby tv channel. I followed the link to request the channel back but it says it is still offered even though it is not. Is there anything we can do about this? I am also in the Birmingham, Alabama, market. (Tuscaloosa)

It is still offered.  It is now included in the U-Family and U450 packages.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2014
(0)

As the poster said. I have the 450 and still get the baby channel.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 6, 2014
(0)

Sueinbama wrote:

Since the channel request site is a no go (since it's offered on two, unrelated packages), I would suggest posting on AT&T's U-Verse Facebook page.  That way U-Verse would know directly that you are disappointed losing the channel on your TV package.  You could also log your complaint via the escalation team by sending a private message to them at AT&T Customer Care.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 10, 2014
(0)

I got the same "explanations". I have the U200 package First they told me I'd have to upgrade to the U450 package (almost $50/month more!). Today I was told that the Baby Channel is now in the U Family package. My 2 year old loved that channel, and I loved it too. Whatever the real story is, we can't get it anymore. AT&T apparently feels that they can remove channels from the packages at will, and without any notice. That's "customer service" for sure!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 10, 2014
(0)
bwalsh...Are you referring "the Baby Channel?" U-Verse does not carry this channel. You can request it at http://uversechannels.att.com

If you're talking about a different channel, I outlined steps above how to get it back on your DVR.

You are right though. AT&T, just like every other provider, reserves the right to adjust their lineup at any time.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 10, 2014
(0)

baseballisback wrote:
bwalsh...Are you referring "the Baby Channel?" U-Verse does not carry this channel. You can request it at http://uversechannels.att.com

If you're talking about a different channel, I outlined steps above how to get it back on your DVR.

You are right though. AT&T, just like every other provider, reserves the right to adjust their lineup at any time.

I just checked my television. I have U-450, and I still have Baby First on 310 and Baby Channel on 330.  It is my understand that the Baby Channel is still being offered on U-Family. I do not know if that level is still getting Baby First.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 10, 2014
(0)

I am Still getting both channels. I once tried watching Both Baby tv and Baby First tv all they show was some weird trippy  psychedelic imagery. with this type of programming, who needs drugs.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 10, 2014
(0)

siouxmoux wrote:

I am Still getting both channels. I once tried watching Both Baby tv and Baby First tv all they show was some weird trippy  psychedelic imagery. with this type of programming, who needs drugs.

What level of U-Verse do you have?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 13, 2014
(0)

My husband found the channel in our line up and played it for my son. Both were content with the contents and my son likes to talk to the screen which helps his langauge developement.  Now that it's been pulled in our area, I think it was a bad ramdom decision from At&t to pick and choose who gets to watch it.  I tried to go to the subscription - 'account management' channel to subscribe but I was locked out.  Soooo, I went online to see what is going on.  In the end, after about an hour of looking around and registering for the forum, the best I can do is request for it to be put back into my line up and talk about it in the community section. I went to support tab- to digital tv tab- to Channel line up- to a link in the solution page for survey- http://uversechannels.att.com/ and filled out that I want baby tv back in the line up.  Now I gues I'll be waiting for response.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 17, 2014
(0)

Juwnie wrote:

My husband found the channel in our line up and played it for my son. Both were content with the contents and my son likes to talk to the screen which helps his langauge developement.  Now that it's been pulled in our area, I think it was a bad ramdom decision from At&t to pick and choose who gets to watch it.  I tried to go to the subscription - 'account management' channel to subscribe but I was locked out.  Soooo, I went online to see what is going on.  In the end, after about an hour of looking around and registering for the forum, the best I can do is request for it to be put back into my line up and talk about it in the community section. I went to support tab- to digital tv tab- to Channel line up- to a link in the solution page for survey- http://uversechannels.att.com/ and filled out that I want baby tv back in the line up.  Now I gues I'll be waiting for response.

Honestly, if your son likes to talk to the screen, would the other baby channel make much of a difference? What about Disney Jr?

I honestly doubt it was a "random" decision. All decisions are made based on the best interest of the business of AT&T and the customer base as a whole. Maybe it wasn't even AT&T's decision.

In the meantime, downgrade for a day or two, record several hours of the channel and then upgrade back to whatever you had.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 17, 2014
(0)
i found out that only ufamily and u450 packages include babytv. a solution the babytv issue? Youtube has alot of babytv videos and i have been streaming those on my tv. we finally hav our babytv again.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 17, 2014
(0)
youtube has lots of babytv videos...you can stream on your tv

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 19, 2014
(0)

alamogirl76 wrote:
youtube has lots of babytv videos...you can stream on your tv

As long as you have a smart TV, a smart DVD/BR player or can hook up a PC or streaming device to it.   Too bad U-Verse does not have a Youtube channel / app.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 8, 2014
(0)

With effect from 01/01/14, The "Baby TV" channel (#330) is removed from U200 package and U300 package. The "Baby TV" channel (#330) is now available with UFamily package and U450 Package. Please click on the below link to view the list of channels available for the Uverse TV package you have subscribed for.

http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/channel-lineup.jsp?address_id=undefined&ref_from=shop&zip=