stinkskunk's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 1st, 2014 1:07 PM

baby TV channels not available any longer starting 1/1/2014

it appears babytv (330) and baby first is no longer available, at least in my area (Birmingham, AL) . i chatted and confirmed. Thanks for the heads up ATT. I have a son who's on the autism spectrum. Needless to say it didn't make for a good start to the new year for him to wake up and not have the channel he's accustomed to seeing in the morning. ugh.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I also have a 2 year old on the autism spectrum and we loved the baby tv channel. I followed the link to request the channel back but it says it is still offered even though it is not. Is there anything we can do about this? I am also in the Birmingham, Alabama, market. (Tuscaloosa)

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

@Sueinbama wrote:
I also have a 2 year old on the autism spectrum and we loved the baby tv channel. I followed the link to request the channel back but it says it is still offered even though it is not. Is there anything we can do about this? I am also in the Birmingham, Alabama, market. (Tuscaloosa)

It is still offered.  It is now included in the U-Family and U450 packages.

Scholar

• 

276 Messages

10 years ago

As the poster said. I have the 450 and still get the baby channel.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@Sueinbama wrote:

Since the channel request site is a no go (since it's offered on two, unrelated packages), I would suggest posting on AT&T's U-Verse Facebook page.  That way U-Verse would know directly that you are disappointed losing the channel on your TV package.  You could also log your complaint via the escalation team by sending a private message to them at AT&T Customer Care.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I got the same "explanations". I have the U200 package First they told me I'd have to upgrade to the U450 package (almost $50/month more!). Today I was told that the Baby Channel is now in the U Family package. My 2 year old loved that channel, and I loved it too. Whatever the real story is, we can't get it anymore. AT&T apparently feels that they can remove channels from the packages at will, and without any notice. That's "customer service" for sure!

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

bwalsh...Are you referring "the Baby Channel?" U-Verse does not carry this channel.

(edited to remove link to deactivated website)

If you're talking about a different channel, I outlined steps above how to get it back on your DVR.

You are right though. AT&T, just like every other provider, reserves the right to adjust their lineup at any time.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:
bwalsh...Are you referring "the Baby Channel?" U-Verse does not carry this channel.

(edited to remove link to deactivated website)

If you're talking about a different channel, I outlined steps above how to get it back on your DVR.

You are right though. AT&T, just like every other provider, reserves the right to adjust their lineup at any time.

I just checked my television. I have U-450, and I still have Baby First on 310 and Baby Channel on 330.  It is my understand that the Baby Channel is still being offered on U-Family. I do not know if that level is still getting Baby First.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Guru

• 

785 Messages

10 years ago

I am Still getting both channels. I once tried watching Both Baby tv and Baby First tv all they show was some weird trippy  psychedelic imagery. with this type of programming, who needs drugs.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@siouxmoux wrote:

I am Still getting both channels. I once tried watching Both Baby tv and Baby First tv all they show was some weird trippy  psychedelic imagery. with this type of programming, who needs drugs.

What level of U-Verse do you have?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

My husband found the channel in our line up and played it for my son. Both were content with the contents and my son likes to talk to the screen which helps his langauge developement.  Now that it's been pulled in our area, I think it was a bad ramdom decision from At&t to pick and choose who gets to watch it.  I tried to go to the subscription - 'account management' channel to subscribe but I was locked out.  Soooo, I went online to see what is going on.  In the end, after about an hour of looking around and registering for the forum, the best I can do is request for it to be put back into my line up and talk about it in the community section. I went to support tab- to digital tv tab- to Channel line up- to a link in the solution page for survey- http://uversechannels.att.com/ and filled out that I want baby tv back in the line up.  Now I gues I'll be waiting for response.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.