Posted Jan 1, 2014
5:07:47 AM
baby TV channels not available any longer starting 1/1/2014

it appears babytv (330) and baby first is no longer available, at least in my area (Birmingham, AL) . i chatted and confirmed. Thanks for the heads up ATT. I have a son who's on the autism spectrum. Needless to say it didn't make for a good start to the new year for him to wake up and not have the channel he's accustomed to seeing in the morning. ugh.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 1, 2014 6:04:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Jan 1, 2014 at 6:07:32 AM

Here is the info on Baby First TV:

BabyFirst, the child development TV network devoted to delivering high-quality child development programming to tots and their parents, makes its debut on AT&T U-verse® TV Sept. 30.* Aaron Slator, President, Content and Advertising, AT&T, and Guy Oranim, Chief Executive Officer of BabyFirst made the announcement Thursday.

The award-winning network will be included in the U-family and U300 packages and above, reaching more than 3 million homes. It will be available on Channel 310 in Standard Definition.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=24835&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=37031

And BabyTV

BABYTV LAUNCHES ON AT&T U-VERSE

Network Available on U-family Package Channel 330

What is strange is it says it's only available on the U-family package, at least everywhere I looked on google.  I guess that backs up what ACE - Professor dwinth posted about the notice  "Effective December 6, Baby TV (channel 330) will no longer be available in U100 and above packages.".                 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

baby TV channels not available any longer starting 1/1/2014

57 replies
(6) Me too
(6) Me too
Replies
(57)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 5:51:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by dwinth on Jan 1, 2014 at 6:06:20 AM

The November, 2013, Special Carriage Agreement Notice states "Effective December 6, Baby TV (channel 330) will no longer be available in U100 and above packages."  Did you have Baby TV up until today? I wonder if the deadline was extended to December 31?

I do not think U-Verse ever had Baby First TV.

I just checked here in St. Louis, and it is still on. Perhaps, it will be pulled some time during the day.  I have U-450, so I should not be getting it at all, either. I wonder if the wording on the Carriage Agreement Notice is wrong, and should say "U-100 and below."

Do you have U-100 or below? I understand your need for this channel.

There was a thread about this started by Texasguy on November 1, 2013.   

http://forums.att.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/uverse-Uverse_TV_Programming/message-id...

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: baby TV channels not available any longer starting 1/1/2014

[ Edited ]
2 of 58 (8,119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 1, 2014 6:04:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Jan 1, 2014 at 6:07:32 AM

Here is the info on Baby First TV:

BabyFirst, the child development TV network devoted to delivering high-quality child development programming to tots and their parents, makes its debut on AT&T U-verse® TV Sept. 30.* Aaron Slator, President, Content and Advertising, AT&T, and Guy Oranim, Chief Executive Officer of BabyFirst made the announcement Thursday.

The award-winning network will be included in the U-family and U300 packages and above, reaching more than 3 million homes. It will be available on Channel 310 in Standard Definition.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=24835&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=37031

And BabyTV

BABYTV LAUNCHES ON AT&T U-VERSE

Network Available on U-family Package Channel 330

What is strange is it says it's only available on the U-family package, at least everywhere I looked on google.  I guess that backs up what ACE - Professor dwinth posted about the notice  "Effective December 6, Baby TV (channel 330) will no longer be available in U100 and above packages.".                 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

[ Edited ]
3 of 58 (8,107 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 6:12:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by dwinth on Jan 1, 2014 at 6:19:04 AM

I just checked, and I do have Baby First TV, which is still on my U-450. I never knew we had the channel. As I said about Baby TV, perhaps Baby First TV has not been pulled in St. Louis yet.

I still think there is an error in the Carriage Agreement Notice. I have U-450, and both are still one. According to the information that you posted, I should have never had either channel.

Again, why was it still on U-450 today and the original poster's package up until today, when it was supposed to have been pulled on December 6?

[ Edited ]
4 of 58 (8,099 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 7:44:49 AM
(0)
Employee
As fireworks exploded and screams of Happy New Year rang out, some parents had an extra special reason for celebrations.

Auckland parents welcomed the first baby into New Zealand in 2014.

Mary was crowned the first baby born this year after arriving at 12.01am and weighing 2.66 kilograms. Her parents declined to speak to the media.

As New Zealand is one of the first to see new day, new year time stamp (first is Kiribati... island group)
Mary I suspect claims the title to First Baby 2014 in world...off topic I know, but found interesting.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 58 (8,049 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 7:52:36 AM
(0)
Scholar
I still have Baby First TV in my area i have U 300 package i wounder since Uverse added BF back in Sept that Baby TV was temperairy channel .

6 of 58 (8,044 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 8:40:52 AM
(0)
Mentor

i am also in St. Louis and i do not have Baby First TV

I Have the U300 and HD PREMIMUM TIER

7 of 58 (8,021 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 8:42:43 AM
(0)
Tutor

I woke to the same thing this morning with no Baby TV in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area. After looking up the channel on the "New" Channel lineup it still shows Baby TV on the U200 package but after speaking to a ATT rep online She stated that the channel will only be available in the U450 package which is an extra $50 more than what i am currently paying. Very unhappy about it. Rep told me to go to http://uversechannels.att.com/ to request the channel be added back but when you select the channel Baby TV it still shows it being available under the U200. So thought ok ill downgrade to Ufamily to get the channel-nope that is a grandfathered package that no one can get anymore. so why show that package as an available choice if it is no longer available to anyone?

8 of 58 (8,017 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 8:49:16 AM
(0)
Contributor

I just spoke with someone about this as well.  I have U200, and I was told this:

AT&T is in the works with renegotiating terms in keeping the channel. For now the channel will be unavailable, at this time we do not have an estimated time frame for when an agreement will be reached.

9 of 58 (8,011 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 9:33:47 AM
(0)
Scholar
Is Baby First only available in a few markets because i live in Georgia and its on our lineup here .

10 of 58 (7,979 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 10:33:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
As soon as the calendar hit January, I saw a black screen on 330. I've been getting 310 for a while. I now see a "not subbed" blue screen on 330.

I doubt babies should be watching TV anyway.

11 of 58 (7,948 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 11:06:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I have U-450 in St. Louis, and still have both stations. Evidentally, there was a delay in dropping the two channels because the original November, 2013, Carriage Agreement Notice gave a date of December 6, 2013, not December 31, to drop Baby TV. Baby First Tv was not even mentioned.

12 of 58 (7,924 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 11:08:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Remember when Fox News jumped from U-100 and not everyone was immediately effected? That. Repeated.

13 of 58 (7,923 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 11:52:50 AM
(0)
Scholar

I think Uverse will keep Baby First they only just signed the contract 4 months ago .

14 of 58 (7,907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 11:56:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

rt123 wrote:

I think Uverse will keep Baby First they only just signed the contract 4 months ago .

The OP said that Baby First TV was also gone. That must have been a real short contract.

15 of 58 (7,905 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 2:02:52 PM
(0)
Scholar

I still have both of them right now.  I never watch them though.

16 of 58 (7,856 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 2:13:49 PM
(0)
Scholar

I agree i don't really watch those channels i just hope this not trend with Uverse i don't want see any more channels going away .

17 of 58 (7,852 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 2:19:46 PM
(0)
Tutor

nevermind on babyfirst. I haven't had it since i upgraded from at&t family to u200 apparently. we normally keep the tv glued to babytv for our very young kids and have it running in the background of their play area.

remarkably he hasn't seemed to mind it being gone too badly today. knock on wood and praise the lord. figured it was going to be a disaster. kind of glad it's gone now actually.

18 of 58 (7,848 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 5:33:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
stinkskunk -- The family tier is a collection of "family-friendly" channels from across the lineup. Some people think it's akin to U-50 but it's not. They get mad when they lose channels in the process of changing packs.

The only reason AT&T has this pack is to appease the FCC.

19 of 58 (7,771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 8:11:04 PM
(0)
Scholar
I hate the FCC. They force censorship and editing for TV and radio, which I don't agree with. The naked human body is a beautiful thing. And the f-word is just a word. Too bad this site doesn't allow that word's use either.

20 of 58 (7,712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 8:40:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Cody - This site is a private site. They can do whatever they want.

21 of 58 (7,704 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 8:43:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
I wonder if the contract for BabyTV was designed to appease people until Baby First arrived. I remember someone posted about a desire for BF and then BTV arrived soon thereafter.

22 of 58 (7,705 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 1, 2014 9:17:51 PM
(0)
Tutor

Hello.

I am a long time ATT and recent ATT Uverse consumer. I signed up for a one year contract a few months back. Today my family and I have learned we have lost one of our favorite stations "Baby TV."

This is very disappointing. I was under the assumption when I agreed to a contract that it obligated ATT to one as well... maintaining my television lineup. When I signed on to Uverse, I had Baby TV. I really don't comprehend how it is just for ATT to simply drop a channel which was stated as being in my contracted line-up of stations. When Directv had a similar issue with the Sprout network, they listened to their consumers and allowed those who had the channel previously to continue watching it, and only the new contracts/consumers would be forced into a high rate package deal. Not that it was ideal, but it appeased their customers. Now ATT has removed the last of it's small child programming to the mass of its consumers. I have no Sprout, Baby tv, etc. I realize television is not the end all to life, but to small children it can feel like it. I ask you, for the children, to please bring back Baby Tv to consumers who have become loyal customers. Like most parents would agree, children can be blunt and brutally honest with their feelings; mine are asking me why we got rid of our satellite TV.  A year goes by so fast.

Baby Tv gone

23 of 58 (7,701 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 12:21:14 AM
(0)
Employee
From ATT website http://www.att.com/u-verse/shop/channel-lineup.jsp

Channel and programming availability subject to change without notice. Local HD channels vary by market. Occasional sports programming in HD is not available 24/7 and is subject to in-market availability and blackouts.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Baby Tv gone

24 of 58 (7,675 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 2:58:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

vhein wrote:

Hello.

I am a long time ATT and recent ATT Uverse consumer. I signed up for a one year contract a few months back. Today my family and I have learned we have lost one of our favorite stations "Baby TV."

This is very disappointing. I was under the assumption when I agreed to a contract that it obligated ATT to one as well... maintaining my television lineup. When I signed on to Uverse, I had Baby TV. I really don't comprehend how it is just for ATT to simply drop a channel which was stated as being in my contracted line-up of stations. When Directv had a similar issue with the Sprout network, they listened to their consumers and allowed those who had the channel previously to continue watching it, and only the new contracts/consumers would be forced into a high rate package deal. Not that it was ideal, but it appeased their customers. Now ATT has removed the last of it's small child programming to the mass of its consumers. I have no Sprout, Baby tv, etc. I realize television is not the end all to life, but to small children it can feel like it. I ask you, for the children, to please bring back Baby Tv to consumers who have become loyal customers. Like most parents would agree, children can be blunt and brutally honest with their feelings; mine are asking me why we got rid of our satellite TV.  A year goes by so fast.

As far as I can tell, Uverse still offers Sprout and Baby First TV. 

As far as channels being dropped, the providers (e.g. Fox networks, in the case of Baby TV) make the decision as to what providers can carry their channel in exchange for a certain amount of money. Both the providers and the TV company (e.g. Uverse) have to come to a mutually beneficial agreement for content to be available).

25 of 58 (7,665 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 4:30:09 AM
(0)
Scholar

Baby First is still on here in Georgia i knew about Baby TV going away i think there is confusion between the two channels .

26 of 58 (7,645 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 6:21:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Has anyone here really watched the channel? There is no real content to the shows on Baby TV. Your baby would get as much out of this channel if you put a lava lamp and a dozen butterflies in their room while playing twinkle twinkle little star on repeat.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

27 of 58 (7,612 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 7:14:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

vhein wrote:

Hello.

So your kids enjoy BabyTV, yet also understand the differences between satellite and U-Verse?

As others have said, AT&T is under no obligation to offer a certain channel. You even touched upon this when you mentioned Sprout.

You signed up for a contract, yet if "a year goes by so fast"...well, that sounds familiar! I guess you won't have to wait too long, huh? OTOH, many providers offer cash incentives to switch. Maybe DirecTV's "new customer rebate" would offset AT&T's contract cancellation penalty?

28 of 58 (7,569 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 7:53:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

vhein wrote:

Hello.

If your kids are asking about Baby TV, then they're too old ot be watching this channel. This channel doesn't offer much in terms of educating the child like Baby First. All it does is show off shapes and sounds with lullaby background music.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

29 of 58 (7,532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 8:33:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

vhein wrote:

Hello.

vhein: When you sign a contract for a year with AT&T U-Verse for a year, AT&T is not under any obligation to maintain the same television lineup during the duration of your contract. That would be totally impractical considering AT&T would have to do the same thing with every U-Verse customer.

Please read Section 8 of the AT&T Terms of Service:

INTERRUPTIONS, LIMITATIONS, AND MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE

Service may be temporarily interrupted or otherwise limited for a variety of reasons; some beyond the control of AT&T. AT&T reserves the right to refuse credit allowances for interruptions of Service. AT&T also reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, at any time and from time to time, the Services (or any function or feature of the Services or any part thereof) without liability. You acknowledge that AT&T may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including without limitation, the limits set forth in the attached Schedule 1 and Schedule 2.

IP Network Interruptions. You acknowledge and understand that the Services will not function in the event of an IP network interruption.

http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp

I hope you will come back to the forum to comment.

30 of 58 (7,506 Views)