username-99's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, November 29th, 2013 9:53 PM

add usb connected printer to nvg510

1. Have POC Motorola NVG510 modem, no USB port

2. Have printer and external hard drive with USB only connection

3. How can I connect these devices to LAN?

Not real interested in adding a second wireless modem. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

349 Messages

10 years ago

If leaving on the computer 24/7 is not an option, you can add hardware to your network to support the features you want. With the current hardware you have available, it is not possible, as Dmitriy has stated. You could invest in a print server and a USB over IP/Network/Ethernet adapter. (Or a USB NAS and Print Server, such as this one.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Do you have a desktop or laptop computer that they're permanently connect to?

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

a desktop. The desktop is hardwired, no wireless. Thanks for responding.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

As long as they're all on the same network, you can use file and printer sharing features included in your OS, that's pretty basic. A more direct way of accessing hard drives and printers would be to turn one of your computer into a server, that's a more involved process that can require some additional investments and can be pretty tricky, so we won't be covering it here. Links below will help you to get started:

Windows: File and Printer Sharing FAQ

Mac: OS X Mountain Lion Share Your Printer

Mac OS X Maverick Share your Printer

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

That solution requires leaving the computer on 24/7. That's not an option

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Unfortunately, without a USB equipped router or a wi-fi enabled printer, there is no other option.

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I'm sorry. I have not asked the correct question. We lost internet service for about 24 hours, Monday i think. Since we have gotten our service back I can't get our canon mg2520 printer to worker. It is connected to the computer with a USB. Therror message says something about the spool not being available or working. I don't know what that is?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

8 years ago

@stellabella53 wrote:

I'm sorry. I have not asked the correct question. We lost internet service for about 24 hours, Monday i think. Since we have gotten our service back I can't get our canon mg2520 printer to worker. It is connected to the computer with a USB. Therror message says something about the spool not being available or working. I don't know what that is?

@stellabella53, an issue between your printer and your PC over a USB connection has nothing to do with your Internet service.  That it quit when you lost your Internet service is, at best, a cooincidence.  I might suggest turning your printer and your PC off and then turning the printer on and letting it complete startup, then turning your PC back on.  

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@stellabella53 wrote:

Might try unplugging/plug in the printer to re-initiate the USB connection and bring up all the needed software.

Know when I got the latest version of Win 10 recently, had to totally reinstall my printer.

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.