For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
Malcolm4903's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, August 10th, 2014 7:31 PM

Youtube heavily buffered

I recently switched from standard DSL to 12Mbps U-verse. I find Youtube videos heavily buffered and often completely stalled.

I've tried clearing the cache on IE and Chrome, but it makes no difference. I have the NVG589 modem.  My PC has a cable connection to the modem.

I rarely had this problem before I upgraded.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have this problem and for some reason I think the cause is political/intentional. I actually get Netflix ok but it looks to me like youtube and other videos are singled out and are throttled. I just came off 3mbsec dsl and I ran better than this which is UVerse 6mbs. If anyone has a clue what can be done please dont hesitate.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Malcolm4903 wrote:

I recently switched from standard DSL to 12Mbps U-verse. I find Youtube videos heavily buffered and often completely stalled.

I've tried clearing the cache on IE and Chrome, but it makes no difference. I have the NVG589 modem.  My PC has a cable connection to the modem.

I rarely had this problem before I upgraded.

Might try taking the backup battery out of the 589, then I'd do a hard reboot by unplug/plug in power after 30 seconds. Then put the backup battery back in.

This will fix many 589 problems, let us know if it worked, good luck. 😉

Edit: Have 12M VDSL internet and have no problems w/youtube videos, they start playing immediately on FF 33.1.1.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

9 years ago

@Cindy74 wrote:

I have this problem and for some reason I think the cause is political/intentional. I actually get Netflix ok but it looks to me like youtube and other videos are singled out and are throttled. I just came off 3mbsec dsl and I ran better than this which is UVerse 6mbs. If anyone has a clue what can be done please dont hesitate.

What kind of Residential Gateway do you have?  Under what theory do you think U-verse would single out YouTube and let Netflix by?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Try turning off ipv6.  I did that and it works.  I turn ipv6 back on and it starts to hesitate and buffer forever.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.