Posted May 9, 2011
7:34:40 AM
Wireless password will not work as RG password?

I'm trying to change some settings on Uverse RG, but can not seem to log in.  I tried the wireless password on side/bottom of RG and it did not work.  I did a factory reset and was still unable to sign in using wireless password on RG unit.  Does the RG have a different password?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
May 11, 2011 9:05:16 AM
(0)
Tutor

Called tech support and they helped me out.  Sticker with System Password is on the front of the Battery Back up pack.

I'm a new install just a week ago, my RG is about the size of a typical wireless router, probably a little bigger.

Accepted Solution

Wireless password will not work as RG password?

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 9, 2011 7:50:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You say you are using the "wireless password".

I see three numbers in the list. The first is the system password. I think this is the one you want to log in to the RG to make changes.

The last is the wireless network key used to connect to a secured wireless network,

If you can not log in isn't there a link to click if you forget the password?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Wireless password will not work as RG password?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 9, 2011 8:08:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

aviewer wrote:

You say you are using the "wireless password".

I see three numbers in the list. The first is the system password. I think this is the one you want to log in to the RG to make changes.

The last is the wireless network key used to connect to a secured wireless network,

If you can not log in isn't there a link to click if you forget the password?

This is correct .

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 9, 2011 8:24:46 AM
(0)
Tutor

I do not see System password on the RG anywhere, only SSID and Wireless Password?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 9, 2011 9:08:24 AM
(0)
Scholar

mark-68 wrote:

I do not see System password on the RG anywhere, only SSID and Wireless Password?

The password you need to use is the "Device Access Code" listed on the label on your RG. It is different from the wireless access key.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 9, 2011 12:44:46 PM
(0)
Tutor

bubbba wrote:

mark-68 wrote:

The password you need to use is the "Device Access Code" listed on the label on your RG. It is different from the wireless access key.

Sorry, no device access code.

On one side is sticher with SSID and Wireless Network Key

On other side is is label with Bar codes, S/N#, MAC, SSID, Wi-Fi Key, PN

? is it one of these #'s?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 9, 2011 12:53:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

probably is the SSID. Could be s/n#. Can not hurt anything if you try them.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 9, 2011 1:36:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

I will try later, but I doubt it is the SSID (as that is broadcast!)

Tried S/N# last nigt and it did not work.  I will try the other #'s.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 9, 2011 1:57:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

On the label on my RG, the code you need is listed as "System Password".

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 10, 2011 4:14:54 AM
(0)
Tutor

No "System Password" listed.  Just installed a week ago, maybe they no longer put password on?  None of the other numbers on unit worked as password.  I will have to call Tech support.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 10, 2011 7:26:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

mark-68 wrote:

No "System Password" listed.  Just installed a week ago, maybe they no longer put password on?  None of the other numbers on unit worked as password.  I will have to call Tech support.

I really hope they just let a sticker slip and this is not a new thing as it will make helping people more difficult or spur the purchase

of third party routers.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 10, 2011 11:20:27 AM
(0)
Mentor

I have a similar problem, except on my RG a system password is listed but its not the correct one, the info on the sticker doesn't match any of the info on the RG's setup page, including the s/n someone stuck wrong sticker on the RG.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 10, 2011 7:42:17 PM
(0)
Teacher

mark-68 wrote:

I'm trying to change some settings on Uverse RG, but can not seem to log in.  I tried the wireless password on side/bottom of RG and it did not work.  I did a factory reset and was still unable to sign in using wireless password on RG unit.  Does the RG have a different password?

Do you by chance have an INID install? Is your RG a small white one (which is actually NOT your RG, but a modem, your RG on an INID is the unit hanging inside of the large grey box they installed on your house)? If so, the system password you are looking for is on the cover on the front of  your IPSU (Inside power supply unit) which is a white box that has a 3 prong plug for electrical and a cat5 feeding into the side of it. It is about 10x10 square and about 4 inches deep- should have 2 LED indicator lights on the front.  You will find your system password on the front cover.

If you have a regular 3801, 3600, or 3800 RG and you are missing the system password on sticker-call for a tech visit-you need a new RG, as there is no way to recover the sys pass without it being on the sticker.

And yes, we have recently run into several "refurbs" in the field that had missing sys pass and wifi keys from the sticker. There is no fix except an attentive installer/repair tech that catches this when unboxing the unit.

HTH,

Ana

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
May 11, 2011 9:05:16 AM
(0)
Tutor

Called tech support and they helped me out.  Sticker with System Password is on the front of the Battery Back up pack.

I'm a new install just a week ago, my RG is about the size of a typical wireless router, probably a little bigger.

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 11, 2011 9:26:15 AM
(0)
Expert

mark-68 wrote:

As he said in the last post, that unit is not actually the RG.  That is the i38HG, which is just an extension unit that brings out 4 Ethernet interfaces and the wireless access point.

The actual RG is on the side of your house, it's the iNID (i3812V) unit where the phone wires terminate.

That's why the password wasn't available to you ... it's not on the i38HG, but instead on the battery pack.

We forget sometimes about this because most people have one of the standard RGs (3600HGV, 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV) instead of the iNID setup.