Reply
Posted Nov 29, 2013
Why did AT&T Uverse drop TVG Network?

Why did AT&T Uverse drop TVG Network?

 

We really like the AT&T service but love the horse races more!  We're going to have to switch to TimeWarner Cable if they don't get it back!

4,640 views
108 replies
(5) Me too
(5) Me too
Post reply
Replies
(108)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 18, 2013
0
(0)

JefferMC wrote:

At least the first guy attributed it to the TVG rep, which is fair. This last poster was probably just repeating the information from that first post but without any attribution.

 

Though, I'm wondering... why would TVG have a call center?  Do most channels?  Why?

 

 


Most channels?  Probably not but TVG is not like most channels.  Since one (where allowed) could bet via their remote, you bet (no pun intended) they would have a call center.  "Hey, I tried betting for Sam's Patience, in the third race at Hawthorne and it wouldn't accept my bet."  That is why they would have one.   In that regard, they are like a shopping channel. :smileywink:  I'll give you even odds (pun intended) that QVC and HSN have call centers, too.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: TVG

[ Edited ]
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 19, 2013
0
(0)

Yes AT&T choose to drop TVG. There was no agreement to be reached. TVG provides their channel to AT&T at no charge! Make sure you are off auto pay and cancel. No matter where you are at in your service, AT&T will always say you are under contract. It is standard policy.

Re: Why did AT&T Uverse drop TVG Network?

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 19, 2013
0
(0)

steverg wrote:

Yes AT&T choose to drop TVG. There was no agreement to be reached. TVG provides their channel to AT&T at no charge!

 

I will restate what JefferMC wrote a few posts back.  How do you know that?  If you say "well TVG told me," that is fair but I do not always believe what I'm told (see my last statement in red,  below, for an example).

 

 

 

Make sure you are off auto pay and cancel. No matter where you are at in your service, AT&T will always say you are under contract. It is standard policy.

 

Some blatant misrepresentation of fact.  Not everyone with U-Verse is under contract.  There are more contracted subs than before but again, not all.  If you do choose to cancel, cakll 1-888-280-2020 and say "Cancel my service."  Please follow instructions for returning the equipment - or you will be charged.


 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why did AT&T Uverse drop TVG Network?

[ Edited ]
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 19, 2013
0
(0)

steverg wrote:

Yes AT&T choose to drop TVG. There was no agreement to be reached. TVG provides their channel to AT&T at no charge!  Make sure you are off auto pay and cancel. No matter where you are at in your service, AT&T will always say you are under contract. It is standard policy.


Outside of a TVG rep, where can you find any information on how much TVG costs to broadcast?

 

Also AT&T keeps track of contracts themselves and if you look at your online account it will show where exactly you are on your TV contract with them. It is NOT standard policy for them to state that you are under contract.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about U-Verse on the Xbox.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why did AT&T Uverse drop TVG Network?

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 19, 2013
0
(0)

Here is the cut and past directly from TVG customer relations....

 

.   While we have tried to work diligently with AT&T to attempt to renew our agreement, they have chosen to drop the TVG channel from their lineup even though we offer our channel at no cost to them. 

 

Re: TVG

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 19, 2013
0
(0)

steverg wrote:

Here is the cut and paste directly from TVG customer relations....

 

.   While we have tried to work diligently with AT&T to attempt to renew our agreement, they have chosen to drop the TVG channel from their lineup even though we offer our channel at no cost to them. 

 


Since this is the case, then for once I will have to side against AT&T. Other than circumstances that we, as forum members, do not know about, I see no reason for AT&T to have dropped TVG.

 


Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: TVG

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 19, 2013
0
(0)

In today's market, cost is only part of the issue.

AT&T's goal with the U-Verse product is the concept of "TV Anywhere/Anytime". Most of their carriage agreements are now including provisions that require the content provider to provide some of the programs via VOD, and increasingly, to let AT&T stream the channel on U-Verse.com for either in-home viewing and/or out-of-home viewing.

My feeling is that TVG was indeed offering the channel at no cost, but either refused to participate in VOD/U-Verse.com, or demanded surcharges for those privileges, and AT&T didn't feel the cost was worth it given the viewership.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: TVG

[ Edited ]
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 20, 2013
0
(0)

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

In today's market, cost is only part of the issue.

AT&T's goal with the U-Verse product is the concept of "TV Anywhere/Anytime". Most of their carriage agreements are now including provisions that require the content provider to provide some of the programs via VOD, and increasingly, to let AT&T stream the channel on U-Verse.com for either in-home viewing and/or out-of-home viewing.

My feeling is that TVG was indeed offering the channel at no cost, but either refused to participate in VOD/U-Verse.com, or demanded surcharges for those privileges, and AT&T didn't feel the cost was worth it given the viewership.


OR HRTV threw $$$$ at AT&T to kick TRG to the curb.  We may never know.  My old cable comany did that to QVC, when HSN made them a great deal.

 

Of course hearing something from TVG in a contract dispute is like asking the fox what happened to the chickens in the coop.  Same for AT&T.  Maybe a self serving statement?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: TVG

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 20, 2013
0
(0)

dhascall wrote:

SomeJoe7777 wrote:

In today's market, cost is only part of the issue.

AT&T's goal with the U-Verse product is the concept of "TV Anywhere/Anytime". Most of their carriage agreements are now including provisions that require the content provider to provide some of the programs via VOD, and increasingly, to let AT&T stream the channel on U-Verse.com for either in-home viewing and/or out-of-home viewing.

My feeling is that TVG was indeed offering the channel at no cost, but either refused to participate in VOD/U-Verse.com, or demanded surcharges for those privileges, and AT&T didn't feel the cost was worth it given the viewership.


OR HRTV threw $$$$ at AT&T to kick TRG to the curb.  We may never know.  My old cable comany did that to QVC, when HSN made them a great deal.

 

Of course hearing something from TVG in a contract dispute is like asking the fox what happened to the chickens in the coop.  Same for AT&T.  Maybe a self serving statement?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

Re: TVG

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 20, 2013
0
(0)

Nice!

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: TVG

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 21, 2013
0
(0)

I know this is off topic, but having watvhed that video, I have to say it's sickening some of the things that actually pass for music these days.  Give me the 80s!

Re: TVG

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 21, 2013
0
(0)

codycooper864 wrote:

I know this is off topic, but having watvhed that video, I have to say it's sickening some of the things that actually pass for music these days.  Give me the 80s!


You asked for it...

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about U-Verse on the Xbox.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: TVG

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 21, 2013
0
(0)

That's a pretty good 80s entry, but that's late 80s.

 

Let's get a hard-core 80s video going ...

 

 

 

 

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: TVG

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 22, 2013
0
(0)

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about SomeJOE.  Great song!  And Paula Abdul is still better than a good bit of today's stuff.

Re: TVG

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 23, 2013
0
(0)

cody - or the 50's, 60's, 70's or (yes) the 80's.  I dislike most of today's music but the Fox tune is catchy.  I even sang along to Katy Perry's "Roar" when taking my granddaughter somewhere, lol.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: TVG

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 29, 2013
0
(0)

Verizon FIOS has both horse racing channels (TVG & HRTV) in the line up.  Game over.

Re: Why did AT&T Uverse drop TVG Network?

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 29, 2013
0
(0)

JByrd21 wrote:

Verizon FIOS has both horse racing channels (TVG & HRTV) in the line up.  Game over.


I did not know we were playing a game. Verizon FIOS is not available nationwide.

 

Trying to do some research on Google, it looks like Dish has both nationwide. Comcast seeems to have both in some places, but not in others. Does anyone have any input?

 


Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

 

 

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why did AT&T Uverse drop TVG Network?

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 29, 2013
0
(0)

JByrd21 wrote:

 

Verizon FIOS has both horse racing channels (TVG & HRTV) in the line up.  Game over.


Since Verizon FIOS and AT&T U-verse are not available in the same market, except for a very limited area in the Dallas-Fort Worth market, I'm not sure what your comments have to do with anything.  Verizon FIOS is not going to be an option for those who can get AT&T U-verse.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Why did AT&T Uverse drop TVG Network?

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 7, 2014
0
(0)

Yes, DISH is the only one that has both, nationwide. Comcast does not offer both in my area.

Re: Why did AT&T Uverse drop TVG Network?

Share this post
Share this post