fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

It's been at least 3 or 4 years. I jumped onto Uverse when it first came out because I loved the total home DVR options. I had been a DISH customer for 8 years prior and I knew where all the channels were etc. I can't say whether Hallmark was on Uverse when I left or not. It's only been the past 2 years that my family has started with the steady Hallmark diet. They have really added some good family values programming. My wife is addicted to When Calls the Heart right now, and we loved the pilot and soon to be series Signed, Sealed, Delivered. And the chick flicks - my wife loves those movies lol.

Do you know if Uverse offers the option to watch Hallmark via the internet? I know some cable / sat companies will offer that.

The company that comes out with the option of "buy only the channels you want to watch" instead of packaging hundreds of channels that you never watch will hit it rich. I would love the alacart option....I wish someone would offer that. I'd purchase about 20 channels plus locals and call it a day.... 🙂

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@lexnexdrm wrote:

It's been at least 3 or 4 years. I jumped onto Uverse when it first came out because I loved the total home DVR options. I had been a DISH customer for 8 years prior and I knew where all the channels were etc. I can't say whether Hallmark was on Uverse when I left or not. It's only been the past 2 years that my family has started with the steady Hallmark diet. They have really added some good family values programming. My wife is addicted to When Calls the Heart right now, and we loved the pilot and soon to be series Signed, Sealed, Delivered. And the chick flicks - my wife loves those movies lol.

Do you know if Uverse offers the option to watch Hallmark via the internet? I know some cable / sat companies will offer that.

The company that comes out with the option of "buy only the channels you want to watch" instead of packaging hundreds of channels that you never watch will hit it rich. I would love the alacart option....I wish someone would offer that. I'd purchase about 20 channels plus locals and call it a day.... 🙂

Since Hallmark is not offered by U-Verse you cannot get it via the internet just as you would not be able to get it On Demand on U-Verse.

I agree with your statement that "The company that comes out with the option of "buy only the channels you want to watch" instead of packaging hundreds of channels that you never watch will hit it rich."

The company that offers that service will surely become rich because the cost of each channel will be very steep to the subscribers to that company. It is the packaging of channels from channel providers such as ESPN, Fox, Scripps Networks, etc, as well as shopping and infomercial channels that pay to be on television providers that keep costs down.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Do you think the cost will moderate based on the amount of stations that are starting to provide content on internet based channel service options like Rabit TV? I know that it's in it's infancy, but it will only get better as time and competition drive it. Several stations now offer free content on devices like the Ruku - and Smart Tvs make utulizing things like Netflix, Hulu etc. very easy. As these services develop their own content, it will be interesting to see if the cost goes up. I think the cable and Sat companies will be forced to compete in one way or another as this technology evolves or go out of business. It won't happen over night, but it will happen....

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@lexnexdrm wrote:

Do you think the cost will moderate based on the amount of stations that are starting to provide content on internet based channel service options like Rabit TV? I know that it's in it's infancy, but it will only get better as time and competition drive it. Several stations now offer free content on devices like the Ruku - and Smart Tvs make utulizing things like Netflix, Hulu etc. very easy. As these services develop their own content, it will be interesting to see if the cost goes up. I think the cable and Sat companies will be forced to compete in one way or another as this technology evolves or go out of business. It won't happen over night, but it will happen....

I would not fully give up on Hallmark coming back.  I heard that they have been trying to get them back but at one point, they were miles apart.  That was when U-Verse was in its infancy.  Now that U-Verse has almost tripled its households, AT&T has a bit more bargaining power.  Stay tuned, lol.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@lexnexdrm 

If "When Calls the Heart" is your reason for staying with Direct, you can get the entire season on iTunes for $20.   For me, that's worth it to save $500.  Just saying.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T has not carried the Hallmark Channels, which provide some of the best shows available, since 2010.  They are the only company offering cable service that do not provide the Hallmark Channels, which says something about the U-Verse management.  Instead, the U-Verse lineup carries tons of garbage channels that we have to pay for.  It would be nice if they got back to making some good programming available.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@TWM1942 wrote:

AT&T has not carried the Hallmark Channels, which provide some of the best shows available, since 2010.  They are the only company offering cable service that do not provide the Hallmark Channels, which says something about the U-Verse management.  Instead, the U-Verse lineup carries tons of garbage channels that we have to pay for.  It would be nice if they got back to making some good programming available.

Considering that someone born during the final days of Hallmark being on U-Verse is getting ready to enter first grade, that should tell you that if you really want Hallmark, it's probably best to switch to another provider that has those same "garbage channels" and maybe higher fees, contracts and might also go out in bad weather.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@TWM1942 wrote:

Oh puhleeze!  Who is holding a gun to your head, forcing you to pay for U-Verse (or any pay TV provider)?   Garbage channels?  What pay TV service only carries channels that are important to you?  That would be none.  Ala carter channels will most likely never happen.  You can get close with a high speed internet connection and Hulu Plus and/or Roku.  While it is true that most only watch the same few channels, it is often the channel providers that force pay TV into buying channels that few watch.

I do hope that Hallmark comes back and as UV edges toward 6 milluion TV subs, they will have better bargaining power.  It does suck that the channels have been gone this long.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Since ATT is buying DirecTV which has the Hallmark channels, do you think Uverse will absorb the programming rights?

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

10 years ago

@eandbk wrote:

Since ATT is buying DirecTV which has the Hallmark channels, do you think Uverse will absorb the programming rights?

First, that's just been rumored.  Nothing is set in stone.

Secondly, probably not.  Contracts don't just transfer over in cases like this.

When Time Warner and Comcast swapped territories, some channels ended up disappearing after a period of time.  Until Time Warner settled their long-running NFL dispute, the Comcast areas swapped over to Time Warner still got their NFL Network.  However, when those areas fully became controlled by Time Warner, NFL Network disappeared.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.