fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@davette59 wrote:
Just shows me how out of tune AT&T is with it's customers or they just don't care as long as there is no major impact to their revenue. If I was running a business and there were that many pages of comments about a certain channel, I would certainly take notice. It's all about the bottom dollar with the customer's concerns coming in a distant second. Personally I would pay a little bit more to get the channels I like. They were going to give me $100 to pay off my current contract with Direct TV and I was on the phone to schedule the installation when the representative told me they didn't have the Hallmark channel. My wife watches that channel 80% of the time so she nixed the whole thing. I was looking forward to Uverse but we have decided to go with Dish Network.

Dave

I thought you were not going to post on this forum anymore because you feel people are rude on it. We have heard numerous times that you are not going to get U-Verse, and go with Dish Network because of the lack of the Hallmark Channels. I hope you enjoy Dish Network, and they do not do anything to get you upset.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

I tried to opt out of this blog but I still keep getting the posts. How long have you been working for AT&T?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@davette59 wrote:
Just shows me how out of tune AT&T is with it's customers or they just don't care as long as there is no major impact to their revenue. If I was running a business and there were that many pages of comments about a certain channel, I would certainly take notice. It's all about the bottom dollar with the customer's concerns coming in a distant second. Personally I would pay a little bit more to get the channels I like. They were going to give me $100 to pay off my current contract with Direct TV and I was on the phone to schedule the installation when the representative told me they didn't have the Hallmark channel. My wife watches that channel 80% of the time so she nixed the whole thing. I was looking forward to Uverse but we have decided to go with Dish Network.

Dave

Hello Dave, another Dave here.  Starting a new thread isn't going to help, as the moderators really have no choice but to merge them into a pre-existing thread.

When I have a "consumer complaint" with a business, large or small, I find the best avenue is to make my complaint in such a way that the business will feel obligated to offer me a direct response.  (a forum, ran mostly by volunteer subscribers would not be the best avenue in this case and I think that U-Verse's channel request page isn't too effective either).  By making a company take the time to respond, isn't meant to punish the company but it does make them read the issue and understand customer needs.

Here are some suggestions:

Go to AT&T's and / or U-Verse Facebook page and do a Direct message.

Post on their Timeline

Google CEO contact information

Send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.

One reason that there are page after page of posts on Hallmark is the 5:1 ratio.  For every one pewrson who asks / posts / complains about Hallmark, there are 4 or 5 defending naysayers.  Seriously. Smiley Indifferent

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

One reason that there are page after page of posts on Hallmark is the 5:1 ratio.  For every one pewrson who asks / posts / complains about Hallmark, there are 4 or 5 defending naysayers.  Seriously. :smileyindifferent

And it seems that at least half of the people how ask/post/ or complain about Hallmark are One Post One and Done Wonders who may or may not actually be U-Verse subscribers.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

One reason that there are page after page of posts on Hallmark is the 5:1 ratio.  For every one pewrson who asks / posts / complains about Hallmark, there are 4 or 5 defending naysayers.  Seriously. :smileyindifferent

And it seems that at least half of the people how ask/post/ or complain about Hallmark are One Post One and Done Wonders who may or may not actually be U-Verse subscribers.

How do you know that they are not?  I post on forums once in a while, without staying engaged if I post my concern (especially tech forums).  Look, Hallmark isn't losing (loosing? ) the farm, simply because they are not on U-Verse.  i doubt that Crown Media is hiring minions to pollute our forums with their requests.  I did see some of that behavior once, with a one day uptick in "Blaze" requests but Hallmark has been fairly steady....

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

How do you know that they are not?  I post on forums once in a while, without staying engaged if I post my concern (especially tech forums).  Look, Hallmark isn't losing (loosing? ) the farm, simply because they are not on U-Verse.  i doubt that Crown Media is hiring minions to pollute our forums with their requests.  I did see some of that behavior once, with a one day uptick in "Blaze" requests but Hallmark has been fairly steady....

I don't know. I said, " who may or may not actually be U-Verse subscribers."

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Again, if they  add the channels, the madness stops, lol.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

Again, if they  add the channels, the madness stops, lol.

Someone will still find something to complain about Hallmark. There will still be plants, even if the channels have been added back, who will complain about the Hallmark channels not being there. We have had that recently with other posters who complained about Sundance HD or other channels not being there when, in reality, they were.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hello, I am a former Uverse customer. I was considering coming back because of a great offer in promotional pricing for tv and internet - but, after looking at this and seeing that Hallmark is not part of the channel lineup, I've decided to stay with DISH Network - even though it would save me $516 over 12 months - we are a Hallmark channel family. Not having that channel keeps me from switching. Bummer....

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@lexnexdrm wrote:

Hello, I am a former Uverse customer. I was considering coming back because of a great offer in promotional pricing for tv and internet - but, after looking at this and seeing that Hallmark is not part of the channel lineup, I've decided to stay with DISH Network - even though it would save me $516 over 12 months - we are a Hallmark channel family. Not having that channel keeps me from switching. Bummer....

How long ago did you leave U-Verse? Was The Hallmark Channel still there when you left? The Hallmark Channel and The Hallmark Movie Channel have been gone since September 1, 2010. There has been so much more added to the U-Verse lineup since that time.

$516 ($43 per month) is a lot to spend to just get the Hallmark Channel when there is so much more on U-Verse, content and high definition-wise.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.