fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

So yeah, three channels were dropped. In the meantime, more than several channels were added. I'd need about 15-20 minutes to name them all...and a really good memory!

Heck, they just added the following ones within the past few weeks:

Nicktoons HD 1318

Nick Jr. HD 1320 

Sportsman HD 1642

You forgot BBC World News SD and HD which was added at the same time the above three were added.

I earlier had a list of eight channels that were taken away permanently. They were the three you mentioned, the three Root Sports channels, The Soundtrack Channel (who cares), and ESPN 3D (which no longer exists).

You are correct, listing all of the channels added since the two Hallmark channels were taken away would be an impossible task as the list would be huge.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

True about the BBCWN. I just saw that one list...haha.

I guess I never paid much attention to the Root channels. I only get that package during NFL season, so yeah...not a high priority there. The Soundtrack channel was taken away but replaced with something that it seems I do watch at least on a occasional basis. What channel came in? You're right about ESPN3D not counting...if the channel folds up, that hardly counts. Speaking of channels folding, isn't that what happened to Urge, or was that just the Urge that I remember being available via Windows Media Player back in the day?

AWESOME - No idea that BBCWN was added.  Kewl!  Now where is Hallmark? Smiley Surprised Smiley Tongue Smiley Very Happy

Is the Hackmark Channel gone? NO ONE TOLD ME!!!!!! It is true, then. You sign up for U-Verse, and your contract says that you will not ever, never loose any channels for the length of the contract, and lo and behold, they immediatly take away 10 channels a month from you. No other providers take away channels, only AT$T. And they never, ever put on new channels to replace them. I WANT IMMEDIATE REFUNDS!!!!

I was at a hotel that had a  convention for AT$T salesman, and every one of them told me that Hackmark would always be part of U-Verse, and I would never, ever loose another channel again.

In the last two days I talked to 35,648 people who said they were going to go to other providers because of no Hackmark Channel. You are loosing a lot of customers. WE LET OUR MONEY DO THE TALKING !!!

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

I know you're being comical and I understand that, but I think my original sales rep quoted me a price of $59 (or whatever) for U-200 and whatever price for internet and that those prices would be grandfathered as long as I kept that package. Well, the price went up after a period of time and I called in and got other promotional rates. This was several years ago, but reading your post reminded me "grandfathered pricing" structures.

I have since upgraded both my TV and internet packages and am STILL paying a good price. True, I have to call in every few months so they can take another $15 or $20 off my bill for six months or a year or whatever, but the savings is worth my due diligence.

Still, I guess the sleazy salesmen are out there.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@dhascall wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

@baseballisback wrote:

So yeah, three channels were dropped. In the meantime, more than several channels were added. I'd need about 15-20 minutes to name them all...and a really good memory!

Heck, they just added the following ones within the past few weeks:

Nicktoons HD 1318

Nick Jr. HD 1320 

Sportsman HD 1642

You forgot BBC World News SD and HD which was added at the same time the above three were added.

I earlier had a list of eight channels that were taken away permanently. They were the three you mentioned, the three Root Sports channels, The Soundtrack Channel (who cares), and ESPN 3D (which no longer exists).

You are correct, listing all of the channels added since the two Hallmark channels were taken away would be an impossible task as the list would be huge.

True about the BBCWN. I just saw that one list...haha.

I guess I never paid much attention to the Root channels. I only get that package during NFL season, so yeah...not a high priority there. The Soundtrack channel was taken away but replaced with something that it seems I do watch at least on a occasional basis. What channel came in? You're right about ESPN3D not counting...if the channel folds up, that hardly counts. Speaking of channels folding, isn't that what happened to Urge, or was that just the Urge that I remember being available via Windows Media Player back in the day?

AWESOME - No idea that BBCWN was added.  Kewl!  Now where is Hallmark? Smiley Surprised Smiley Tongue Smiley Very Happy

Is the Hackmark Channel gone? NO ONE TOLD ME!!!!!! It is true, then. You sign up for U-Verse, and your contract says that you will not ever, never loose any channels for the length of the contract, and lo and behold, they immediatly take away 10 channels a month from you. No other providers take away channels, only AT$T. And they never, ever put on new channels to replace them. I WANT IMMEDIATE REFUNDS!!!!

I was at a hotel that had a  convention for AT$T salesman, and every one of them told me that Hackmark would always be part of U-Verse, and I would never, ever loose another channel again.

In the last two days I talked to 35,648 people who said they were going to go to other providers because of no Hackmark Channel. You are loosing a lot of customers. WE LET OUR MONEY DO THE TALKING !!!

You're trying to kill me with the misuse of the word 'loose' aren't you?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

It doesn't matter if it's auto sales, security system sales or TV/Voice/Internet sales - many are sleazy and will say anything to get a sale.  That is sad and I bet lies are being told about Hallmark and otheritems related to UVerse.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

dwinth wrote:

baseballisback wrote:

You're trying to kill me with the misuse of the word 'loose' aren't you?

"Loose" and "loosing" seem to be the most common spelling errors on this forum. The reason I used "Hackmark" is because a poster actually spelled Hallmark that way in 2010 when the two channels were pulled.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am a new U-Verse subscriber and was shocked to learn that AT&T does not carry the Hallmark Channel. I guess it was a pricing disagreement between AT&T & Halmark. Hared to believe this was not an issue with all the other cable/satelite providers.

This issue will certainly influence my decision to stay or leave U-Verse at the end of my promotional period.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

Hallmark has been gone from the UV lineup for over 3 years.

There's a mega-thread somewhere on these boards discussing the subject.

ETA link:  12 pages of Hallmark discussions

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@normdangelo wrote:

I am a new U-Verse subscriber and was shocked to learn that AT&T does not carry the Hallmark Channel. I guess it was a pricing disagreement between AT&T & Halmark. Hared to believe this was not an issue with all the other cable/satelite providers.

This issue will certainly influence my decision to stay or leave U-Verse at the end of my promotional period.

So you didn't bother looking at the available channel guide?  It's been gone for 3 years and hasn't effected the growing number of subscribers.  Besideds, as has been mentioned, there's a mult-page thread regarding HM/HMC that you could have added to instead of adding yet ANOTHER thread.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

I'm sure the OP just ASSUMED that UV offered Hallmark and you know what they say when you ASSUME something.....  Smiley Surprised

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

Hallmark has been gone from the UV lineup for over 3 years.

There's a mega-thread somewhere on these boards discussing the subject.

ETA link:  12 pages of Hallmark discussions

Skeeter: This thread is 12 pages long, but that is nothing compared to the original Hallmark thread from July, 2010. Fortunately, that thread was finally shut down, and is nowhere to be found.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Just shows me how out of tune AT&T is with it's customers or they just don't care as long as there is no major impact to their revenue. If I was running a business and there were that many pages of comments about a certain channel, I would certainly take notice. It's all about the bottom dollar with the customer's concerns coming in a distant second. Personally I would pay a little bit more to get the channels I like. They were going to give me $100 to pay off my current contract with Direct TV and I was on the phone to schedule the installation when the representative told me they didn't have the Hallmark channel. My wife watches that channel 80% of the time so she nixed the whole thing. I was looking forward to Uverse but we have decided to go with Dish Network.

Dave
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.