Where is the Hallmark Channel??

Where is the Hallmark Channel??

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
1-28-2014 7:02:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Hallmark and Hallmark Movies have been OFF the Uverse lineup for over 3 years (9/2010). 

The chances of it being brought back in the next 2 weeks is pretty slim.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
426 replies
(10) Me too
(10) Me too
Replies
(426)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 15, 2014
(0)
Employee
Ignoring the what has to happen first issue...as Hallmark is family friendly would need to be on ufamily, also would need to be included on u450 (all major channels including HBO).

As ufamily does not include sports (u200 and above) would not expect a mass downgrading to ufamily.
If Hallmark included in above but a add on for u200 and u300 at $10 per month. Would expect many would upgrade from u300 to u450.
Why? On u300 HD fee is $10, HBO is $26 that current is a $36 price difference yet the upgrade prce is $32 (121-89).
With Hallmark upgrade at $10 producing a $46 price difference, better value.
If do not want HBO, stay on u300 with HD and HM add $20 to package price.

Another option is add to HD premium package, change price from $7 to $10....
This way not included in u450, only as a add on get the NFL Redzone, HM, Sony Movie, Smithsonian for $10....a bargain.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Where is the Hallmark Channel??

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 15, 2014
(0)
Employee

What's not being discussed here is that each provider has a contract with U-Verse. Everything is based on a contract. When we move a channel to another tier, it's a contractual agreement that forced that move.

Crown Media will never package Hallmark as a subscription channel.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 15, 2014
(0)
Contributor

Is there ANY chance of negotiations?  

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 15, 2014
(0)
ACE - Professor

Ranzeid wrote:

Is there ANY chance of negotiations?  

We are U-Verse subscribers just like you so none of us know if there is any chance for negotiations between AT&T and Crown Media, the owners of the Hallmark channels. AT&T like most businesses do not reveal the status of negotiations until they are finished. There is always a chance, but the Hallmark channels have been gone since September 1, 2010.

At this time, however, most long time members of this forum feel that at this time there is very little or no chance of negotiations.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 17, 2014
(0)
ACE - Master

Fox Mulder wrote:

What's not being discussed here is that each provider has a contract with U-Verse. Everything is based on a contract. When we move a channel to another tier, it's a contractual agreement that forced that move.

Crown Media will never package Hallmark as a subscription channel.

I agree and doubt that CM would agree to being on a high-tiered pacakage only, like U-450.

I was not invited to the negotiations  :smileytongue: but someone told me (supposedly in the know) that money was not the hold up but rather retransmission / VoD rights.  Long story short, somewhere it got ugly.  Uglier than Martha, lol.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 28, 2014
(0)
Tutor

My two year contract with Direct TV is about to be satisfied and we contacted AT&T about acquiring a Uverse package. We were ready to sign up to have the system installed for our four TV's and high speed Internet when we were told by the sales person that they no longer carried the Halmark channel or the Halmark movie channel. These are two of my wife's favorite channels and she is adamet thatdid these are not included, we will not sign up. We are definitely going to change providers and if AT&T doesn't get Halmark back, we will be signing up with Dish Network and canceling our present high speed Internet. We had Dish in the past and were very pleased with them and only changed because we moved and Direct TV made us an offer we couldn't refuse. We had definitely decided to go with Uverse until we found that the Halmark channels had been eliminated. That was a sure deal buster! I am going to see what happens in the next two weeks and then I am contacting Dish to schedule installation of their service. We have had AT&T Internet for 20 years.

Dave B

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Jan 28, 2014
(0)
ACE - Master

Hallmark and Hallmark Movies have been OFF the Uverse lineup for over 3 years (9/2010). 

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 28, 2014
(0)
ACE - Professor

skeeterintexas wrote:

to none.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 28, 2014
(0)
ACE - Master

davette59 wrote:

My two year contract with Direct TV is about to be satisfied and we contacted AT&T about acquiring a Uverse package. We were ready to sign up to have the system installed for our four TV's and high speed Internet when we were told by the sales person that they no longer carried the Halmark channel or the Halmark movie channel. These are two of my wife's favorite channels and she is adamet thatdid these are not included, we will not sign up. We are definitely going to change providers and if AT&T doesn't get Halmark back, we will be signing up with Dish Network and canceling our present high speed Internet. We had Dish in the past and were very pleased with them and only changed because we moved and Direct TV made us an offer we couldn't refuse. We had definitely decided to go with Uverse until we found that the Halmark channels had been eliminated. That was a sure deal buster! I am going to see what happens in the next two weeks and then I am contacting Dish to schedule installation of their service. We have had AT&T Internet for 20 years.

Dave B

You are probably one of less than 1% who won't sign up for UVerse because of no Hallmark channel.  Even the satellite folks at Costco and Sams have said that Hallmark hasn't been enough to get folks to switch from UVerse to either one of the two.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 29, 2014
(0)
ACE - Professor

dwinth wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

to none.

And Slim is out to lunch.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 29, 2014
(0)
ACE - Master

MicCheck wrote:

dwinth wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

to none.

And Slim is out to lunch.

:smileyvery-happy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 29, 2014
(0)
Tutor

I will not be getting Uverse any time soon. If they take a channel of every time there is a contract negotiation, what's next? If I sign a contract to get Uverse for a year, I wouldn't expect to loose some of the channels that were included in my original contract because they cannot settle a negotiation. If you loose a channel that was included in your original contract, I would think that would be a breach of contract and make it null and void. However this is not how it works. I was with another provider under a two year contract when they dropped AMC due to failed negotiations. I was simply told " too bad, you are stuck in a contract anyway ". 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 29, 2014
(0)
Employee
The Terms of Service agreement states that programming may change, and is not a breach of contract.

Many times channels are added, including recently BBC HD and others, but at times channels are deleted if a mutually beneficial contract cannot be reached. As in any relationship, “Change is the only constant in life.” ― Heraclitus.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 29, 2014
(0)
Voyager

We had u-verse TV, phone and internet installed yesterday and it took a few hours until I noticed we didn't have Hallmark. Part of me was disappointed, but the features that we now have and the other channels we didn't have (we have the U300) that are actually watchable channels far outweighed missing Hallmark. I am a Golden Girls Fan and will have to watch them on tvland with the record feature as they are on early am. I doubt I will miss too much the few movies that I did like on Hallmark...funny as some others have said they'll miss the Christmas shows...this is when I didn't watch Hallmark for 2 months or so because of the constant Christmas shows. If I had known the Hallmark channel was missing before signing up I still would have moved forward...there are so many others to replace it and there is always the option of dvd series which I do alot anyway.

We had TWC and as I'm sure alot know they went through something similar a few months back. Without warning about 5 channels were gone  and 1 was a local station due to negotiation problems. Suddenly we were shot back in time and had antennas hanging from our tv's to get the local (which didn't work) and we were told we now needed boxes to recieve the rest. I suspect they lost alot of customers that day from what the local TWC office looked like...lots of angry people with equipment. Luckly they worked it out after a few months, but these things happen I suppose....you just move on.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 29, 2014
(0)
ACE - Professor

simbalia wrote:

We had u-verse TV, phone and internet installed yesterday and it took a few hours until I noticed we didn't have Hallmark. Part of me was disappointed, but the features that we now have and the other channels we didn't have (we have the U300) that are actually watchable channels far outweighed missing Hallmark. I am a Golden Girls Fan and will have to watch them on tvland with the record feature as they are on early am. I doubt I will miss too much the few movies that I did like on Hallmark...funny as some others have said they'll miss the Christmas shows...this is when I didn't watch Hallmark for 2 months or so because of the constant Christmas shows. If I had known the Hallmark channel was missing before signing up I still would have moved forward...there are so many others to replace it and there is always the option of dvd series which I do alot anyway.

We had TWC and as I'm sure alot know they went through something similar a few months back. Without warning about 5 channels were gone  and 1 was a local station due to negotiation problems. Suddenly we were shot back in time and had antennas hanging from our tv's to get the local (which didn't work) and we were told we now needed boxes to recieve the rest. I suspect they lost alot of customers that day from what the local TWC office looked like...lots of angry people with equipment. Luckly they worked it out after a few months, but these things happen I suppose....you just move on.

This is an excellent first post. There is no hysteria or threats in reference to The Hallmark Channels, only reason. Welcome to the forum. Please post often.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 29, 2014
(0)
ACE - Guru

davette59 wrote:

I will not be getting Uverse any time soon. If they take a channel of every time there is a contract negotiation, what's next? If I sign a contract to get Uverse for a year, I wouldn't expect to loose some of the channels that were included in my original contract because they cannot settle a negotiation. If you loose a channel that was included in your original contract, I would think that would be a breach of contract and make it null and void. However this is not how it works. I was with another provider under a two year contract when they dropped AMC due to failed negotiations. I was simply told " too bad, you are stuck in a contract anyway ". 

1. The word you're looking for is "lose" not "loose".

2. If you read over your contract, if you even have one, you can see that there aren't any TV channels listed on it and there is a disclaimer stating that availability of channels may change.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about U-Verse on the Xbox.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 30, 2014
(0)
ACE - Master

davette59 wrote:

Then you might as well drop all cable/satellite providers because EVERY provider has dropped channels due to a contract dispute.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 30, 2014
(0)
Tutor
Not a bad idea!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 30, 2014
(0)
Guru

I was really hoping the TVG would become the new Hallmark Channel thread. I guest not.:smileysad:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 31, 2014
(0)
Guru

americangame wrote:

davette59 wrote:

1. The word you're looking for is "lose" not "loose".

2. If you read over your contract, if you even have one, you can see that there aren't any TV channels listed on it and there is a disclaimer stating that availability of channels may change.

3. Some dude from some state near Mexico lists the channel negotiations every month. I can think of three channels that were dropped. To say "take a channel of every time there is a contract negotiation" is simply wrong. 99.9% of the time, the companies successfully negotiate a deal.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 31, 2014
(0)
Tutor
My wife will not do without the Hallmark channel so even though I was ready to sign up with Uverse, I have decided to go with Dish network. I am so dissatisfied with Direct TV, I am going to pay the $100 penalty just to get out of the contract. I just don't think AT&T offers what it's competitors do. I do like the fact that AT&T only requires a one year contract though. Oh Well!

Dave

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 31, 2014
(0)
ACE - Master

davette59 wrote:
My wife will not do without the Hallmark channel so even though I was ready to sign up with Uverse, I have decided to go with Dish network. I am so dissatisfied with Direct TV, I am going to pay the $100 penalty just to get out of the contract. I just don't think AT&T offers what it's competitors do. I do like the fact that AT&T only requires a one year contract though. Oh Well!

Dave

davette59, at least you did what many others have not and researched your options to know whether the providers have the channels that are important to you.  Good luck with Dish.  Who will you use for Internet?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 31, 2014
(0)
Guru

davette59 wrote:

Dave

The funny thing about those penalties? They're part of the reason the "new customer discounts" are so enticing...the logic behind the TV providers is "Come to us! We'll pay you to get you out of your contract."

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 2, 2014
(0)
Contributor
We just had U-verse installed yesterday. I had no idea Hallmark was not available. Does AT&T ever intend on adding them back?

Hallmark

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 2, 2014
(0)
Employee
Did you read the past 10 pages of posts?

No one knows, any contract discussions(if any occurring) would be kept quiet till an agreement was reached.

Every month carriage agreements with provider(s) bring change, some new channels added, some removed, some HD added to standard offerings, monthly posting informs of new offerings but in 40 months, Hallmark has not been one of them.

Re: Hallmark

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 2, 2014
(0)
Contributor

When will the Hallmark channels be back on Uverse?  All through the holiday season I saw great commercials for the holiday Hallmark Channel movies.   Meanwhile AT&T keeps adding useless "interactive" channels and other new channels that no one cares about.  BRING BACK HALLMARK!

When will the Hallmark channels be back on Uverse?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 2, 2014
(0)
ACE - Master

jeanneintexas wrote:

When will the Hallmark channels be back on Uverse?  All through the holiday season I saw great commercials for the holiday Hallmark Channel movies.   Meanwhile AT&T keeps adding useless "interactive" channels and other new channels that no one cares about.  BRING BACK HALLMARK!

NEVER....HALLMARK IS GONE...LET US HAVE A MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR HALLMARK AND THE HALLMARK MOVIE CHANNEL.  :smileysad:

IT'S BEEN GONE FOR OVER 3 YEARS.  THERE IS NO WORD ON IT EVER COMING BACK TO UVERSE.  WE ARE DEEPLY SORRY IF YOU SIGNED UP FOR UVERSE WITHOUT KNOWING THIS INFORMATION.

NOW, LET'S ALL TRY TO MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES.  :smileyfrustrated:

....AND YES, I CHANGED THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD SINCE THERE HAVE BEEN 2 POSTS IN THE LAST 30 MINS. ASKING ABOUT HALLMARK.

HALLMARK IS NOT AVAILABLE ON UVERSE

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 2, 2014
(0)
ACE - Professor

skeeterintexas wrote:

jeanneintexas wrote:

NEVER....HALLMARK IS GONE...LET US HAVE A MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR HALLMARK AND THE HALLMARK MOVIE CHANNEL.  :smileysad:

IT'S BEEN GONE FOR OVER 3 YEARS.  THERE IS NO WORD ON IT EVER COMING BACK TO UVERSE.  WE ARE DEEPLY SORRY IF YOU SIGNED UP FOR UVERSE WITHOUT KNOWING THIS INFORMATION.

NOW, LET'S ALL TRY TO MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES.  :smileyfrustrated:

....AND YES, I CHANGED THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD SINCE THERE HAVE BEEN 2 POSTS IN THE LAST 30 MINS. ASKING ABOUT HALLMARK.

I wish we could afford a nationwide billboard and television commercial campaign to inform people of exactly what you said.

On March 1, it will be three and a half years.

Re: HALLMARK IS NOT AVAILABLE ON UVERSE

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 2, 2014
(0)
Tutor
When I recently inquired into getting Uverse, I gave the sales person a list of the channels that we presently had and wanted to have if we switched. One of these was the Hallmark channels. I was told by this person that they were in negotiations with Hallmark. I don't know if this was actually true or if he was just using that for sales leverage. We decided against Uverse anyway because he didn't sound very convincing and no Hallmark was a deal breaker.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 2, 2014
(0)
ACE - Master

davette59 wrote:
When I recently inquired into getting Uverse, I gave the sales person a list of the channels that we presently had and wanted to have if we switched. One of these was the Hallmark channels. I was told by this person that they were in negotiations with Hallmark. I don't know if this was actually true or if he was just using that for sales leverage. We decided against Uverse anyway because he didn't sound very convincing and no Hallmark was a deal breaker.

If this was recently, he's been telling the same story for 3 years.