Posted Aug 11, 2014
3:55:50 PM
Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

(1)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Aug 11, 2014 6:02:28 PM
(1)
ACE - Master

Uverse dropped Hallmark Channel 4 years ago.  :smileyfrustrated:

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
493 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(493)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 9, 2013 3:33:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

dwinth wrote:

MicCheck wrote:

dwinth wrote:

This Hallmark thread will eventually become as large as the old one from 2010 that was finally shut down. What the people who are upset with U-Verse do not realize is that no matter how many posts or threats they make to leave U-Verse , nothing will change as a result.

AT&T is completely aware that there are subscribers who would like to have the Hallmark channels back. It isn't as if AT&T is surprised at this point by all of the posts after three years and three months.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again: I was a retention Rep for Uverse in 2010. I cancelled more accounts during the Scripps-conflict weekend that November than during the 2 years between Hallmark's disappearance and my departure. 

Heck, I would almost think I cancelled more accounts because of the FS Midwest Cardinal's game disputes (which affected only a handful of Uverse markets) than because of Hallmark.

I am very surprised by your findings, but I will not dispute what you said since you were a retention representative for U-Verse for two years. What you found indicates how unimportant the Hallmark channels are to most U-Verse subscribers. It is the very small vocal minority that makes it sound otherwise.

I would imagine that some of those subscribers who left during the Scripps-AT&T conflict came back to U-Verse when the new carriage agreement was signed.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

In fairness, remember, I was just one rep, so my experience may have been unusual. Also, the Scripps networks affected a variety of channels, so it makes sense more people complained.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: hallmark

236 of 494 (14,086 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 9, 2013 10:38:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

oufanindallas wrote:

dwinth wrote:

This Hallmark thread will eventually become as large as the old one from 2010 that was finally shut down. What the people who are upset with U-Verse do not realize is that no matter how many posts or threats they make to leave U-Verse , nothing will change as a result.

AT&T is completely aware that there are subscribers who would like to have the Hallmark channels back. It isn't as if AT&T is surprised at this point by all of the posts after three years and three months.

There really aren't that many different posters in these threads, it's usually 1 new post and 5 or six of us regulars responding.

And I'm sure many of those new posters could easily be the same person with a new free email address posting from the offices of Comcast, et al.

237 of 494 (14,056 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 9, 2013 10:40:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

marcindublin wrote:

Hiding the shopping channels is like playing Whack-a-Mole. As soon as you hide one, two more pop up. They really are getting out of hand... It used to be that they were consolidated. Now, they are spread out everywhere except, of course, in the premiums.

Huh? misplaced post? At least now you can directly input the channel number, even if it isn't obvious.

238 of 494 (14,055 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 30, 2013 7:11:35 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Taylarie on Dec 30, 2013 at 7:22:13 AM

I am getting pressure from my wife to drop ATT and go to Charter to get the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel.  I understand the issue with programming costs.  How about adding the Hallmark Channel as a premium channel (like HBO, etc)?  We would pay a monthly fee just to have those channels available - and be able to keep our other great ATT lineup. Otherwise, to keep peace at home, I may have to drop Uverse and go back to cable just to avoid spousal abuse!

Thanks for thinking about this option, ATT.   Negotiate a premium fee with Hallmark.  It could be a win-win for both ATT and Hallmark - as well as your customers who really appreciate the Hallmark programming. 

Re: Hallmark

[ Edited ]
239 of 494 (13,210 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 30, 2013 7:24:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

taxnegotiator wrote:

I am getting pressure from my wife to drop ATT and go to Charter to get the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel.  I understand the issue with programming costs.  How about adding the Hallmark Channel as a premium channel (like HBO, etc)?  We would pay a monthly fee just to have those channels available - and be able to keep our other great ATT lineup. Otherwise, to keep peace at home, I may have to drop Uverse and go back to cable just to avoid spousal abuse!

Thanks for thinking about this option, ATT.   Negotiate a premium fee with Hallmark.  It could be a win-win for both ATT and Hallmark - as well as your customers who really appreciate the Hallmark programming. 

The problem with the premium channel option is that Hallmark probably wants the channel on a lower tier so they can get more money. (x cents times subscribers vs $12.95 times even fewer subscribers.) Putting the channel as a premium option would also make other providers feel hosed..."why can AT&T offer it as a $12.95 option where we have to charge everyone for a low-rated channel?"

240 of 494 (13,203 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 30, 2013 9:52:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

taxnegotiator wrote:

Yup, my wife wants them back too.  They may never come back.   I think that either party (or maybe both) do not want to negotiate at this time.  Someone got their feelings hurt, IMHO.

I will agree the premium option won't work.

241 of 494 (4,898 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 30, 2013 7:35:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

I do not have AT&T for cable TV because they do not have the Hallmark Channel. I will switch once they bring it back. Not everyone wants to watch sports. 

Where is Hallmark Channel?

242 of 494 (4,926 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 30, 2013 8:25:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Don't hold your breath.  Hallmark has been gone for well over 3 years and no sign of it's return. 

Enjoy your cable.

Re: Where is Hallmark Channel?

243 of 494 (4,912 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 30, 2013 9:06:01 PM
(0)
Scholar

Another Hallmark thread?  Seriously?  There's one right beside this one...I guess the OP didn't see it.

244 of 494 (4,903 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 31, 2013 4:38:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Dec 31, 2013 at 4:40:02 AM

codycooper864 wrote:

Another Hallmark thread?  Seriously?  There's one right beside this one...I guess the OP didn't see it.

One of the mods moved the OPs original post. 

Instead of adding it to the original long-standing thread, the mod started a new thread.  *shrugs*  :smileyfrustrated:

[ Edited ]
245 of 494 (4,870 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 31, 2013 6:23:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

ssmotes wrote:

I do not have AT&T for cable TV because they do not have the Hallmark Channel. I will switch once they bring it back. Not everyone wants to watch sports. 

None of us can do anything about bringing the Hallmark Channel back as almost all of us are just subscribers to U-Verse, nothing more than that.

You are obviously unhappy with your current provider since only the lack of Hallmark is stopping you from switching to U-Verse. What features are you unhappy with your current provider?

Perhaps you should go to the forum of your current provider to express your unhappiness with them since they already have the Hallmark Channel.

I hope you will come back to this forum to post answers to my question.

246 of 494 (4,851 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 31, 2013 10:32:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
I can't believe there's hundreds of people who are apparently stuck with U-Verse and are moping around because they live the agonizing life of not having Hallmark channel.

Do what I would have done years ago. Drop U-Verse and don't look back. If you came to U-Verse from another provider, that means you have options. Well, I double-dog dare you to switch immediately.

Re: Where is the Hallmark Channel??

247 of 494 (4,810 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 31, 2013 11:49:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

baseballisback wrote:
I can't believe there's hundreds of people who are apparently stuck with U-Verse and are moping around because they live the agonizing life of not having Hallmark channel.

Do what I would have done years ago. Drop U-Verse and don't look back. If you came to U-Verse from another provider, that means you have options. Well, I double-dog dare you to switch immediately.

Baseballisback:  OP ssmotes is not a subscriber to U-Verse. He has another provider that he is unhappy with, but will not switch to U-Verse until the Hallmark Channel is back.

248 of 494 (4,798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 2, 2014 11:17:22 AM
(0)
Contributor

My wife and I just got back from her hometown where they carry the Hallmark Movie Channel.  We joined AT&T U-Verse when we moved into our new house last year - in the midst of the holiday programming season - she was quite despondent.  That despondency returned when we came back home from holiday.  OMG, AT&T U-Verse, PLEASE WORK IT OUT!!!!

249 of 494 (4,684 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 2, 2014 12:13:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

HHCassius wrote:

My wife and I just got back from her hometown where they carry the Hallmark Movie Channel.  We joined AT&T U-Verse when we moved into our new house last year - in the midst of the holiday programming season - she was quite despondent.  That despondency returned when we came back home from holiday.  OMG, AT&T U-Verse, PLEASE WORK IT OUT!!!!

Welcome! Don't be a stranger on the forums.

That being said, the channels have been gone from U-Verse for over three years.  You can reqwuest the channel here or post your concern on AT&T's Facebook page.  In my opinion - the more that do the latter, the more attention that it may bring to the powers that be.

250 of 494 (4,669 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 2, 2014 1:37:51 PM
(0)
Scholar

ssmotes writes, "I do not have AT&T for cable TV because they do not have the Hallmark Channel. I will switch once they bring it back. Not everyone wants to watch sports."

Hello. Happy New Year. And welcome to the site.

251 of 494 (4,670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2014 11:48:08 AM
(0)
Scholar
Hallmark is over at Comcast Xfinity.

252 of 494 (4,619 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2014 2:45:03 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by codycooper864 on Jan 4, 2014 at 2:45:57 PM

I'll bet there are torrent websites online where you can watch live feeds of Hallmark and the NHL Network somewhere, if you look for them hard enough.  

Re: Hallmark Channel

[ Edited ]
253 of 494 (4,588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2014 6:18:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Brianbastos wrote:

You're point?

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

254 of 494 (4,564 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 6, 2014 1:33:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

oufanindallas wrote:

Brianbastos wrote:

You're point?

Not speaking for Brian, but his point is that Comcast has it, TWC has it, Dish has it, Direct has it, Cox has it....  Just about everyone  has it except for ... you know who. :smileyhappy:

255 of 494 (4,498 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 7, 2014 6:00:03 PM
(0)
Contributor

I can tell you; the number of persons that !Stop!!! my Install-- Worsre when it's done to put back cable when the "No HallMark" refrence comes up! Hey Stupid! It's going to pay for it!!! Come on left hands and right hands and LISTEN from all others!!! Louisville!!!

Also the (3) KET channels lost in KY as per sey "Local" lose a few too. some persons get Two dishes to get them all!

GET HALLMARK!

256 of 494 (4,458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 7, 2014 7:27:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by dwinth on Jan 7, 2014 at 7:36:12 PM

Boots on the Ground wrote:

I can tell you; the number of persons that !Stop!!! my Install-- Worsre when it's done to put back cable when the "No HallMark" refrence comes up! Hey Stupid! It's going to pay for it!!! Come on left hands and right hands and LISTEN from all others!!! Louisville!!!

Also the (3) KET channels lost in KY as per sey "Local" lose a few too. some persons get Two dishes to get them all!

Please let us know your source and how your receive your numbers that indicate how many people say, "Stop!!! my Install-- Worsre when it's done to put back cable when the "No HallMark" refrence comes up!"

Can you give us exact numbers? We are interested. The fault lies with those people whom you claim to speak for who should have checked the U-Verse channel lineup before they signed up. Hallmark has been gone from the U-Verse lineup since September 1, 2010.

Your post makes very little sense. When you say, " Louisville!!!", does that indicate your preference for college basketball teams?

I do not understand your final sentence. Can you explain?  "Also the (3) KET channels lost in KY as per sey "Local" lose a few too. some persons get Two dishes to get them all!"

You might be on the wrong forum. U-Verse does not have satellite dishes. You should post on the Direct TV or Dish forums.

Re: GET HALLMARK!

[ Edited ]
257 of 494 (4,450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 8, 2014 2:46:30 PM
(0)
Scholar
When I had DISH, I had to have two dishes to get all my local channels. And, having spent some time in Louisville, I know that KET is Kentucky Educational Television. KET, just like South Carolina ETV has subchannels that U-Verse fails to carry. I pull them down with an OTA antenna now. But I am still very confused. If the poster is thinking of DISH, it has always had Hallmark and still does. And I am not even sure U-Verse is available in Kentucky. A confusing post all the way around.

258 of 494 (4,412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 8, 2014 3:08:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Cody: According to this map, U-Verse is available in Kentucky. I would assume that Louisville is included, but I cannot say that it definitely is.

http://www.attsavings.com/availability

259 of 494 (4,410 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 11, 2014 3:18:18 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Taylarie on Jan 17, 2014 at 8:43:59 AM

Please pass on my discontentment with AT&T and not carrying Hallmark.  I left Time Warner because they dropped popular channels and I guess I will have to continue my search for satisfaction in my cable provider.

Re: Where is the Hallmark Channel

[ Edited ]
260 of 494 (4,322 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 11, 2014 3:27:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

mwierick wrote:

Please pass on my discontentment with AT&T and not carrying Hallmark.  I left Time Warner because they dropped popular channels and I guess I will have to continue my search for satisfaction in my cable provider.

The Hallmark channels have been gone from the U-Verse lineup since September 1, 2010. You should have checked the U-Verse channel lineup before you signed up. I hope that you are not under contract with AT&T for U-Verse. Otherwise, you will be paying $180 to get out of the contract.

All providers drop channels at time. Good luck in finding a new provider that satisfies your needs.

Re: mok543210@gmail.com

261 of 494 (4,323 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 12, 2014 7:16:52 AM
(0)
Contributor

I hated when they took it off...Actually I have been with U-Verse for a long time and before we switch to them that was one of the things I requested and of course then they had those Hallmark channels. I called right after we got the announcement - all the person at the other end could say - we are getting a lot of calls on this topic and we cannot do anything about it because Hallmark was to high for us to offer it...... that they will cut it off. This to me is just who can make ATT the big bucks! I do go visit my relative and watch it during the holidays and wish we had it back!! What makes me upset is that they have lots of channels that we do not watch for a few we like to watch... Some I know are quite bad and also there are so many sponsored ad channels! So really it is just a game of who can make them a profit.. I know personally some friends who have choices and will not switch until that is offered!!! I am using U-verse mostly because we need the internet and also the service is better when you think it rarely goes down like the other providers. We have choices in our area and I have tried most of them except dish since that is not reliable with the weather being a factor for service. But anyway I work to many hours to view tv, but would like to just record it and watch it at another time like I do now for some of the shows I like... :smileyhappy: And really we are paying too much for the channel line ups for them to decide what we should and should not watch! Like the old saying "MONEY TALKS!"  :smileyhappy: I remember the days when payed cable would give you mostly non-commercial channels... because we payed for it.... Whow has that changed! I knew that would not last.... Think about it all those sport channels have sponsors and you still have to pay to have them!!! Except for HBO that has kept their word for the sports and movies but you may have to watch them has replays sometimes since those programs have to make money. One of the children program, Disney Channel, use to have no commercials boy that changed too...

262 of 494 (4,280 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 12, 2014 7:58:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

digitrds wrote:

I hated when they took it off...Actually I have been with U-Verse for a long time and before we switch to them that was one of the things I requested and of course then they had those Hallmark channels. I called right after we got the announcement - all the person at the other end could say - we are getting a lot of calls on this topic and we cannot do anything about it because Hallmark was to high for us to offer it...... that they will cut it off. This to me is just who can make ATT the big bucks! I do go visit my relative and watch it during the holidays and wish we had it back!! What makes me upset is that they have lots of channels that we do not watch for a few we like to watch... Some I know are quite bad and also there are so many sponsored ad channels! So really it is just a game of who can make them a profit.. I know personally some friends who have choices and will not switch until that is offered!!! I am using U-verse mostly because we need the internet and also the service is better when you think it rarely goes down like the other providers. We have choices in our area and I have tried most of them except dish since that is not reliable with the weather being a factor for service. But anyway I work to many hours to view tv, but would like to just record it and watch it at another time like I do now for some of the shows I like... :smileyhappy: And really we are paying too much for the channel line ups for them to decide what we should and should not watch! Like the old saying "MONEY TALKS!"  :smileyhappy: I remember the days when payed cable would give you mostly non-commercial channels... because we payed for it.... Whow has that changed! I knew that would not last.... Think about it all those sport channels have sponsors and you still have to pay to have them!!! Except for HBO that has kept their word for the sports and movies but you may have to watch them has replays sometimes since those programs have to make money. One of the children program, Disney Channel, use to have no commercials boy that changed too...

You state that you have been with U-Verse a long time, even back when they had Hallmark. Yet, you are so very unhappy with everything, even things, that U-Verse has no control over.

Perhaps you should find another provider that meets your needs. I doubt you will find what you are looking for.

U-Verse is growing nicely despite not having the Hallmark channels since September 1, 2010.

This Hallmark stuff is getting so old and boring. Actually, it is not getting so old and boring. It has been old and boring for a long time.

263 of 494 (4,271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 12, 2014 9:31:31 AM
(0)
Contributor

You must work for AT&T... who else would say what you just said... :smileyhappy:

Anyway  if it is so old request as you mentioned...., why do you hear that complaint that the channel is not available often? It means that some of us do care enough to complaint... :smileyhappy: and maybe, maybe it will come back - I think from your previous comments all you care about is sports and if that is true and you work for AT&T ... that is an interesting combination...

264 of 494 (4,265 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 12, 2014 9:54:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

digitrds wrote:

You must work for AT&T... who else would say what you just said... :smileyhappy:

Anyway  if it is so old request as you mentioned...., why do you hear that complaint that the channel is not available often? It means that some of us do care enough to complaint... :smileyhappy: and maybe, maybe it will come back - I think from your previous comments all you care about is sports and if that is true and you work for AT&T ... that is an interesting combination...

AT&T employees carry a moniker stating such.   The "ACE" that replied to your post is not an ATT employee.  That I know.  Does dwinth love sports?  I guess so.  :smileyfrustrated:

Do we hear complaints about Uverse failing to carry the Hallmark channel?  Practically DAILY!  Especially around the holidays.  :smileysad:

Will ATT pick the Hallmark Channel up after a 3+ year absence?  Perhaps. Who knows what the future holds.  :smileysurprised:

Hope springs eternal.....  :smileylol:

265 of 494 (4,258 Views)