Posted Aug 11, 2014
3:55:50 PM
View profile
Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2013 12:35:57 PM
(1)
ACE - Professor
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Nov 25, 2014 at 6:21:27 AM

ellemoy wrote:

That is very disappointing.  I switched from Comcast recently and didn't realize that Hallmark wasn't offered on U-Verse since I didn't think Hallmark would be a specialized channel that not all carriers would provide.  Is there a place to give feedback on the ATT website? 

The Hallmark Channel has been gone from U-Verse since September 1, 2010. Please make your request for that channel here:    http://uversechannels.att.com/

Not all providers carry the same channels. U-Verse carries channels that other providers do not have. Always check the most current channel listings before changing providers.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
665 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
Replies
(665)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 8:19:13 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by Fox Mulder on Nov 14, 2013 at 8:19:29 AM

dhascall wrote:

my thoughts wrote:
During this time of the year is when they normally have the most viewers. 6-8 weeks out of year, suspect they charge more to advertisers claiming increased exposure due to larger base (think along lines of Super Bowl ads). What happens if people do not turn on and tune in, Advertising next year will be harder, have to reduce their charges, hurt the bottom line.

Do you have the numbers to back that up?  That may have been true at one point.  They now have a hit show (depending on what you call a hit) that apparently won its time slot.  So, "Holiday Season" may be an important part of their schedule but it sounds like they are trying to be a player all year.  I do not see a channel advertising / marketing themselves as a sign of weakness.  ESPN runs ads EVERYWHERE!  Why would they do that when they are getting almost $6/sub per month?  I really think that HM may be on the upswing and AT&T could be the one being passed by.  Just keeping it real.

The TV Guide Network is another network not on U-Verse and CBS is now morphing that into a full blown channel (I see a rename, coming).  Can you say " Big Brother After Dark?"  This the first year that I missed BBAD.  Thanks AT&T. :smileywink:

Being a BBAD fan I too missed it, however, and a big however...TVGN bleeped the harsh language and blurred the images too harsh for regular TV. The answer is not TVGN, but to put it back on Showtime where they can show it uncensored.

:-)

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: hallmark

[ Edited ]
150 of 666 (1,689 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 8:47:40 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Fox Mulder wrote:

dhascall wrote:

my thoughts wrote:
During this time of the year is when they normally have the most viewers. 6-8 weeks out of year, suspect they charge more to advertisers claiming increased exposure due to larger base (think along lines of Super Bowl ads). What happens if people do not turn on and tune in, Advertising next year will be harder, have to reduce their charges, hurt the bottom line.

Do you have the numbers to back that up?  That may have been true at one point.  They now have a hit show (depending on what you call a hit) that apparently won its time slot.  So, "Holiday Season" may be an important part of their schedule but it sounds like they are trying to be a player all year.  I do not see a channel advertising / marketing themselves as a sign of weakness.  ESPN runs ads EVERYWHERE!  Why would they do that when they are getting almost $6/sub per month?  I really think that HM may be on the upswing and AT&T could be the one being passed by.  Just keeping it real.

The TV Guide Network is another network not on U-Verse and CBS is now morphing that into a full blown channel (I see a rename, coming).  Can you say " Big Brother After Dark?"  This the first year that I missed BBAD.  Thanks AT&T. :smileywink:

Being a BBAD fan I too missed it, however, and a big however...TVGN bleeped the harsh language and blurred the images too harsh for regular TV. The answer is not TVGN, but to put it back on Showtime where they can show it uncensored.

:-)

True Dat!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

151 of 666 (1,763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 9:54:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

What, you don't like da fishbowl?

152 of 666 (1,753 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 10:39:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yerah, I went to Shedd Aquarium, I don't need to see no more stinkin' fishes! :smileyvery-happy:

153 of 666 (1,742 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 11:39:08 AM
(0)
Employee

JefferMC wrote:

What, you don't like da fishbowl?

Another viewer!! LOL

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

154 of 666 (1,729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 12:10:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

My wife was a faithful viewer of BBAD.  For several summers I'd pick up Showtime (or U-300 in the U-verse world) so she could watch it, then drop back in the fall. 

I'll watch the actual episodes with her, but you can't make me watch 21 more hours of that stuff a week.  Three is quite enough.

155 of 666 (1,721 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 2:39:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Nov 14, 2013 at 2:43:26 PM

JefferMC wrote:

My wife was a faithful viewer of BBAD.  For several summers I'd pick up Showtime (or U-300 in the U-verse world) so she could watch it, then drop back in the fall. 

I'll watch the actual episodes with her, but you can't make me watch 21 more hours of that stuff a week.  Three is quite enough.

I see your point but my wife is up at all hours, and I often got a "you gotta see this" about silly stuff that went on, during BBAD.  It was cool on Showtime but I am guessing that it was lame on TVGN.  I almost considered a trial of the Live Feeds.  CBS did those differently too, this year.

I actually wish that they did BB 2x a year.

[ Edited ]
156 of 666 (1,697 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 4:34:48 PM
(0)
Contributor

My favorite channels when we had satellite was TLC, HGTV and HALLMARK.  I really wish U-verse would rconsider their position and add back the very family friendly Hallmark channel to the line up. I've missed it terribly since starting with U-verse.  My kids just asked today about the Christmas shows they'll miss since we don't have Hallmark. :smileysad:

Want the hallmark channel-voicing my opinion

157 of 666 (1,670 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 4:42:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Simply type Hallmark in the "Ask a Question" area on the main Uverse forum page and pick one of several that pop up.  Read away.  Feel free to add to any of them.  You can probably spend 5 or 6 hours reading all of the posts.

My point is you can voice all you want but it ain't gonna happen until Crown Media and U-verse strike a deal.  Been gone from Uverse since September 2010 so I wouldn't hold my breath...... 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Re: Want the hallmark channel-voicing my opinion

158 of 666 (1,675 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 7:44:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by JefferMC on Nov 15, 2013 at 7:45:40 PM

dhascall wrote:
I see your point but my wife is up at all hours, and I often got a "you gotta see this" about silly stuff that went on, during BBAD.  It was cool on Showtime but I am guessing that it was lame on TVGN.  I almost considered a trial of the Live Feeds.  CBS did those differently too, this year.

Of course, I got those, too.  And I took the complaints about not knowing all of what was going on, because they do some creating editing in the shows (you can really tell after watching events unfold in BBAD). 

I offered to help my wife to setup the short trial of online, she said "no."  For one thing, she watched BBAD on DVR delay, which wouldn't be possible with the online. 

[ Edited ]
159 of 666 (1,633 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 8:15:26 PM
(0)
Contributor

Doesn't make sense that most of the other cable providers offer the Hallmark channel.

160 of 666 (1,632 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 8:40:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

How many Hallmark threads do we need to read the same thing over and over again? Please post on existing Hallmark threads. Creating new threads will not increase the chance of U-Verse coming to agreement with Crown Media.

161 of 666 (1,631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 12:40:06 PM
(0)
Tutor

I did not realize until I began to look for holiday programming that Uverse does not have the Hallmark Channel or Hallmark Movie Channel. I would not have subscribed had I known. We always love their holiday movies. Always, always, always -- every year!

I just thought I hadn't ordered the right package so was going to upgrade to U300 or even U450 if needed to get it. But no! It's no where in the lineup! My 81-year-old mother doesn't have that many Christmases left to enjoy, and will have to go through one without the kind of shows she loves. Sure, Lifetime has some, but nothing like those on Hallmark.

And it sounds like Uverse isn't even trying.

Well, this is the only year we will be without Hallmark at Christmas. If Uverse doesn't have it by the time our contract with them ends next spring, we are gone. Love everything else about the service --especially the wireless DVRs -- but not enough to go through Christmas without Hallmark.

Re: Where is the Hallmark Channel??

162 of 666 (1,475 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 1:05:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

odypen wrote:

I did not realize until I began to look for holiday programming that Uverse does not have the Hallmark Channel or Hallmark Movie Channel. I would not have subscribed had I known. We always love their holiday movies. Always, always, always -- every year!

I just thought I hadn't ordered the right package so was going to upgrade to U300 or even U450 if needed to get it. But no! It's no where in the lineup! My 81-year-old mother doesn't have that many Christmases left to enjoy, and will have to go through one without the kind of shows she loves. Sure, Lifetime has some, but nothing like those on Hallmark.

And it sounds like Uverse isn't even trying.

Well, this is the only year we will be without Hallmark at Christmas. If Uverse doesn't have it by the time our contract with them ends next spring, we are gone. Love everything else about the service --especially the wireless DVRs -- but not enough to go through Christmas without Hallmark.

As it has been repeated over and over again, The Hallmark Channel has not been part of the U-Verse lineup since September 1, 2010. If the Hallmark Channel was so important to you, you should have checked for it's presence before signing up.

Unless there is a Winter or Spring surprise, The Hallmark Channel will not be back by the time your contract is up.

163 of 666 (1,484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2013 4:31:55 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by LoveHD on Nov 18, 2013 at 4:32:43 PM

odypen writes, "My 81-year-old mother doesn't have that many Christmases left to enjoy, and will have to go through one without the kind of shows she loves."

I wouldn't waste her time putting up with your current situation. It would be advisable to switch to a different provider of cable television programming.

This is not a nice thing to say; but there have been too many thread, and individual, postings on this topic which ultimately tests the patience of those who question the sincerity with which such postings are made.

If I was in the situation you have described … the switch would have already happened.

[ Edited ]
164 of 666 (1,436 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 7:09:56 AM
(0)
Contributor

Another Holiday Season is upon us and we still don't have the Hallmark Channel . . . I'm sure a year is long enough to negotiate a fair rate.  Someone has dropped the ball. The Hallmark Channel is one of the highlights of the Holiday Season for me and my family.  I am not a happy U-verse customer and am seriously considering going back to Comcast for this very reason. Please do better!

The Hallmark Channel

165 of 666 (1,371 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 7:16:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I would suggest that you check out channel INSP.  They have a lot of the content that Hallmark has carried over the years.  It's not the same, and doesn't have the Hallmark movies, but it may help fill the gap for you.

166 of 666 (1,365 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 7:38:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

NayLeo wrote:

Another Holiday Season is upon us and we still don't have the Hallmark Channel . . . I'm sure a year is long enough to negotiate a fair rate.  Someone has dropped the ball. The Hallmark Channel is one of the highlights of the Holiday Season for me and my family.  I am not a happy U-verse customer and am seriously considering going back to Comcast for this very reason. Please do better!

I'm sure you meant "THREE years" since Hallmark has been gone since Sept. 2010.

Re: The Hallmark Channel

167 of 666 (1,370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 8:56:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Just for Shiggles, I tried to watch a movie from "Hallmarkchanneleverywhere.com" and contrary to what I originally thought, it is restricted to participating providers.  I'm sorry that s/b "Hallmarkeverywherebutuverse," lol.

Now, for NayLeo: If you go back to Comcast, please understand that while Comcast does carry the channesl, they do not participate in the special add ons, such as Hallmarkeverywhere.  I have heard that retransmission rights (such as the hallmarkeverywhere access)  NOT costs were the major stumbling block.

All: If you change providers without looking at the channel guide, yourself, you and you alone are at fault, for that.  Sorry, just keeping it real.

168 of 666 (1,366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 9:34:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I don't know if you looked at the list of providers that you can select from when your provider isn't listed in the "supported" list, but here's what I saw:

Armstrong
AT&T
Atlantic Broadband
Blue Ridge Cable Technologies, Inc.
Buckeye Cablevision, Inc.
Cable ONE
Charter Communications
Comcast
Cox Communications
DirecTV
Dish Network
Harron Communications, LP
Midcontinent Communications
RCN Telecom Services, LLC

Three of the top 5 wired video providers, and both US satellite providers.  Got a ways to go.

169 of 666 (1,359 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 10:48:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

I don't know if you looked at the list of providers that you can select from when your provider isn't listed in the "supported" list, but here's what I saw:

Armstrong
AT&T
Atlantic Broadband
Blue Ridge Cable Technologies, Inc.
Buckeye Cablevision, Inc.
Cable ONE
Charter Communications
Comcast
Cox Communications
DirecTV
Dish Network
Harron Communications, LP
Midcontinent Communications
RCN Telecom Services, LLC

Three of the top 5 wired video providers, and both US satellite providers.  Got a ways to go.

There are some big names in the "not listed" page but there are dozens in the "listed" sectiom.  Wonder if most are mom and pop type providers, more indicative a rural area and more receptive to Hallmark?

170 of 666 (1,345 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 2:02:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

Maybe it is or isn't one's fault for not checking the listings before signing up for new provider or maybe your spouse just signed up for it without asking you!  However, whatever the reason is, one is now with U-verse which doesn't provide the Hallmark channel.  I, myself, wasn't aware we didn't have it until I went looking for it, to watch the holiday movies that I heard they were showing on certain days.  Not just the "new" holiday movies, but old classics.  When my search left me hopeless, I saught answers on the Internet, which has landed me here. 

Now, here's what I HAVE noticed... as a U-verse customer, I can't find anything that comes close to offering what the Hallmark channel does as far as holiday movies.  I, however noticed, that U-verse offers the option of PAYING for their holiday movies. 

This leads me to wonder the real reason for them not coming to a satisfactory agreement with Crown.  Perhaps they feel if their customers can't get the Hallmark movies, they'll be willing to PAY for the movies they have to offer??

After much thought, I decided to just order the old classic holiday movies and wa la... my problem is solved.  I'll have them to watch every year and pass on to my family.

It really is a sad thing though that two companies can not come to some agreement where it would benefit their customers.  If both sides would stop and realize, without customers, neither one of them or their services would be needed.  Maybe taking the customer into consideration first would help them in their bargaining attempts.

Just a thought.

171 of 666 (1,314 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 2:24:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

dhascall wrote:

There are some big names in the "not listed" page but there are dozens in the "listed" sectiom.  Wonder if most are mom and pop type providers, more indicative a rural area and more receptive to Hallmark?

That was my observation as well, d.

172 of 666 (1,310 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 2:58:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Tristalynne wrote:

Maybe it is or isn't one's fault for not checking the listings before signing up for new provider or maybe your spouse just signed up for it without asking you!  However, whatever the reason is, one is now with U-verse which doesn't provide the Hallmark channel.  I, myself, wasn't aware we didn't have it until I went looking for it, to watch the holiday movies that I heard they were showing on certain days.  Not just the "new" holiday movies, but old classics.  When my search left me hopeless, I saught answers on the Internet, which has landed me here. 

Now, here's what I HAVE noticed... as a U-verse customer, I can't find anything that comes close to offering what the Hallmark channel does as far as holiday movies.  I, however noticed, that U-verse offers the option of PAYING for their holiday movies. 

This leads me to wonder the real reason for them not coming to a satisfactory agreement with Crown.  Perhaps they feel if their customers can't get the Hallmark movies, they'll be willing to PAY for the movies they have to offer??

After much thought, I decided to just order the old classic holiday movies and wa la... my problem is solved.  I'll have them to watch every year and pass on to my family.

It really is a sad thing though that two companies can not come to some agreement where it would benefit their customers.  If both sides would stop and realize, without customers, neither one of them or their services would be needed.  Maybe taking the customer into consideration first would help them in their bargaining attempts.

Just a thought.

When you think of Christmas Classic movies and TV shows, are any of them Hallmark branded or would be exclusively shown on Hallmark?

Most of the classics will be shown on broadcast TV (Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown, etc.) or on ABC Family (Jingle all the way, Santa Clause, anything with Tim Allen in a Christmas movie, etc.)

Yes Hallmark has a bunch of original Christmas Movies each year, but the average person couldn't distinguish the difference between them if they were quizzed a few days after watching them.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

173 of 666 (1,755 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 10:07:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

americangame wrote:

Tristalynne wrote:

Just a thought.

When you think of Christmas Classic movies and TV shows, are any of them Hallmark branded or would be exclusively shown on Hallmark?

Most of the classics will be shown on broadcast TV (Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown, etc.) or on ABC Family (Jingle all the way, Santa Clause, anything with Tim Allen in a Christmas movie, etc.)

Yes Hallmark has a bunch of original Christmas Movies each year, but the average person couldn't distinguish the difference between them if they were quizzed a few days after watching them.

I'm talking about classic movies from way back such as: Shop Around the Corner, Holiday Affair, Holiday, Christmas in Connecticut, etc. etc.  There's so many more.  While many of them were before my time, they were still some that you saw quite often around the holidays.  Bing Crosby, Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy, etc.

Not sure what the comment about the "average" person means?  Are you saying the "average" person wouldn't or couldn't enjoy an old "classic"?  Tradition is a good thing, and it's never too late to start one.

174 of 666 (1,712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 10:48:39 PM
(0)
Employee
My tradition Christmas movies include "The Muppet Christmas Carol" and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" with Jim Carrey.
Concerning movies that are important to me, that I can watch when I want to I have been using a little known secret, I buy them on DVD, and with bargain bin pricing on old classics I can stock my own library inexpensively.

For an American romantic comedy instead of Shop Around the Corner prefer You've Got Mail with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan

175 of 666 (1,704 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2013 7:50:50 AM
(0)
Tutor
While I love the old classics, I have to admit, You've Got Mail, Michael, Stepmom, Sleepless in Seattle, and a few others are my all time favorites.

Maybe one day they'll create a channel with nothing but movies that have some Christmas and other holidays in them that can be watched year round. The Holiday Channel instead of "Hallmark" or something :smileyhappy:

176 of 666 (1,672 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2013 11:00:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Nov 20, 2013 at 11:06:52 AM

Tristalynne wrote:
While I love the old classics, I have to admit, You've Got Mail, Michael, Stepmom, Sleepless in Seattle, and a few others are my all time favorites.

Maybe one day they'll create a channel with nothing but movies that have some Christmas and other holidays in them that can be watched year round. The Holiday Channel instead of "Hallmark" or something :smileyhappy:

Trista, please see this thread by my pal OUFan....  It is not all of the Holiday movies (obviously some channels did not get populated very far out) but it does have LOTS of movies on channels that U-Verse does offer.

As far as Holiday faves, I don't have that many and I forget their names but there is a Christmas Hobo movie where this older guy is a homeless / transient type and he decides to visit his estranged son and family, for the Holidays and another where a dad and teenaged daughter travel from the East Coast to the Rocky Mountains in an old pickup truck and they keep seeing this woman along the way, who is trying to get to the West Coast.  I've only seen the latter once and I want to see it again but have no idea of its title. :smileysad:

You mention a classics type channel, next month Encore is rebranding it's Love Channel to Encore Classic with classics that Babyboomers enjoy.  It may not be exactly what you are looking for but it may be a start.  On 12/2 Encore Love, channel will become Encore Classic – featuring iconic movies as well as classic TV.

[ Edited ]
177 of 666 (1,648 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2013 3:56:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

A Hobo's Christmas?   http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093198/

The Christmas Gift? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090839/

178 of 666 (1,621 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2013 1:16:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Nov 21, 2013 at 2:19:22 PM

JefferMC wrote:

A Hobo's Christmas?   http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093198/

The Christmas Gift? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090839/

Hobo Yes, the other No.  I have seen the latter and it was a good movie (Jon Denver!) but the cross country trip movie was very recent.  Thank you!

EDIT: The father/daughter road trip movie is The Road to Christmas (2006) with Jennifer Gray.  Nice movie!  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800115/

[ Edited ]
179 of 666 (1,549 Views)