fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Its time to negotiate again.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

uversechannels.att.com

You are more than welcome to switch to a provider that pays the exorbitant rates that AT&T refused to pay several years ago.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@todsloan wrote:

Its time to negotiate again.

Ok, go ahead and negotiate. No one is stopping you. Let us know how it all turns out.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

I find myself siding more with the some of the Hallmark complainers than some (but not all) of the anti-Hallmark regulars here.  Why?  Mainly for my wife.  She is disabled and spends most of her time at home (it just kills her, from someone who used to be so independent).  HM was one of her fave channels, especially in the Fall and Winter.  AND then it also kills me to read some of the nonsense on here.  "AT&T refused to pay the exorbitant rates to carry the channel."  Really?  REALLY?  You were at the Crown/AT&T negotiating table?  I wasn't, so what I am thinking is merely a guess.  A lot of what is put out here is something force-fed from an AT&T press release.   I have heard (again, I really do not know) it had to do with retransmission rights (VoD) more than the rate.  My gut is that one party insulted the other.

Look, even if it were a huge amount, there is wiggle room and ways to make it work.  Crown could have offered (or AT&T asked) for 4 or 8 minutes of commercial time per hour on the channels to run their ads.  As I have said, where there is a will, there is a way.  I do not see this issue going away and it may pick up steam as they have a decent show (apparently) plus the Holidays are coming up.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

It is apparent ATT is not to concerned with pleasing their customers. So, it is time to think about returning to Dish. I should never have left. I would not have if I knew Hallmark was going to be dropped. Which happened between the ordering and the installing.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

@txdkmw wrote:

It is apparent ATT is not to concerned with pleasing their customers. So, it is time to think about returning to Dish. I should never have left. I would not have if I knew Hallmark was going to be dropped. Which happened between the ordering and the installing.

So you've been thinking about going back for 3 years?

(Uverse dropped Hallmark in Sept. 2010)

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@txdkmw wrote:

Are you a Hallmark employee? Most likely you are not even a U-Verse subscriber. Which service do you actually subscribe to. Show us that you are not a One and Done One Post Wonder, and reply to  skeeterintexas about why it took you over three years to decide to leave U-Verse.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

And while all this back and forth quibbling between Hallmark and AT&T goes on about the popularity and who watches it, AT&T was nice enough to add a few more shopping channels... I don't know about you but I just can't get enough of them (a totally sarcastic statement). How do those channels fit into the AT&T logic of popularity?

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@Copycat68 wrote:

And while all this back and forth quibbling between Hallmark and AT&T goes on about the popularity and who watches it, AT&T was nice enough to add a few more shopping channels... I don't know about you but I just can't get enough of them (a totally sarcastic statement). How do those channels fit into the AT&T logic of popularity?

Typically shopping channels are provided free or they even pay AT&T to be broadcasted on thier service. So they actually help out with the overall picture and keep everyone's bill lower.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@Copycat68 wrote:

Just when I say that I'm siding with more complainers than anti Hallmark forum regulars, you get silly stuff, like this.  There was at least one more post, this week, mentioning Hallmark not coming back and AT&T adding shopping channels.  Look at the OPW's name, Copycat..............  Conspiracy?  I think not.  Smiley Tongue

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.