Posted Aug 11, 2014
3:55:50 PM
View profile
Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2013 12:35:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Nov 25, 2014 at 6:21:27 AM

ellemoy wrote:

That is very disappointing.  I switched from Comcast recently and didn't realize that Hallmark wasn't offered on U-Verse since I didn't think Hallmark would be a specialized channel that not all carriers would provide.  Is there a place to give feedback on the ATT website? 

The Hallmark Channel has been gone from U-Verse since September 1, 2010. Please make your request for that channel here:    http://uversechannels.att.com/

Not all providers carry the same channels. U-Verse carries channels that other providers do not have. Always check the most current channel listings before changing providers.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
663 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
Replies
(663)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 10:17:12 AM
(0)
Guru

Now, maybe my thinking is based upon the fact that I come from the generation that doesn't necessarily need TV.  That doesn't at all mean that I don't watch TV, because I do, what I mean is that I don't necessarily need to have the content spoonfed to me.  If I want the content, I'll go and get the content that I want be it from Hulu, Amazon, NetFlix, or RedBox.  I don't necessarily have to have a TV channel to provide me the entertainment that I want, I'll go and find it using whatever transmission method that it's available in.

Re: Why do I no longer get the Hallmark Channel? Will it possibly be restored?

60 of 664 (5,718 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 11:54:40 AM
(0)
Scholar

Any man watching Hallmark loses his man card :smileylol:

61 of 664 (4,303 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 12:07:53 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by trparky on Sep 17, 2013 at 12:21:47 PM

I don't watch the channel myself but I'm just saying that if they dropped a channel, say... SyFy for instance, I could get my SyFy fix from somewhere else.  I can get Haven, Defiance, Warehouse 13, and Paranormal Witness from other sources.  Same goes for Discovery Channel and those four jokesters on Mythbusters.  This is proof that if you look and are open to new media sources, you can get your content elsewhere.

For instance, uVerse doesn't have BBC America in HDTV yet so when the new season of Doctor Who comes out I'll be renting the season on Amazon.com.

What I see in the future is the complete removal of the concept of "TV channels".  It will be a complete À la carte system in which if you want to watch something you simple "search" for it and it'll be streamed to your STB.  Basically like On-Demand on some seriously high amounts of steroids.  Everything you could ever want including movies of yester-year, that new episode of The Big Bang Theory, or an episode of Haven, ready to be pulled up on-demand for you at any time that you want.  No more setting your DVR, no remembering what time the show is on or what channel, those days will soon be gone.

[ Edited ]
62 of 664 (4,291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 12:18:21 PM
(0)
Contributor

That is very disappointing.  I switched from Comcast recently and didn't realize that Hallmark wasn't offered on U-Verse since I didn't think Hallmark would be a specialized channel that not all carriers would provide.  Is there a place to give feedback on the ATT website? 

Re: Hallmark Channel

63 of 664 (11,879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 12:33:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

ellemoy wrote:

That is very disappointing.  I switched from Comcast recently and didn't realize that Hallmark wasn't offered on U-Verse since I didn't think Hallmark would be a specialized channel that not all carriers would provide.  Is there a place to give feedback on the ATT website? 

At the top pf the same subforum that you posted, is a link to request a channel..  Click here to request it..  It does seem odd that U-Verse and one other small, regional are the only two providers not carrying it but this has been the case for years.  One of the two parties must have really offended the other.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

64 of 664 (11,875 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2013 12:35:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Nov 25, 2014 at 6:21:27 AM

ellemoy wrote:

The Hallmark Channel has been gone from U-Verse since September 1, 2010. Please make your request for that channel here:    http://uversechannels.att.com/

Not all providers carry the same channels. U-Verse carries channels that other providers do not have. Always check the most current channel listings before changing providers.

[ Edited ]
65 of 664 (11,872 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 1:04:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

dwinth wrote:

ellemoy wrote:

The Hallmark Channel has been gone from U-Verse since September 1, 2013  2010 . Please make your request for that channel here:    http://uversechannels.att.com/

Good luck. Not all providers carry the same channels. U-Verse carries channels that other providers do not have. Always check the most current channel listings before changing providers.

Corrected....  :smileyvery-happy:

66 of 664 (11,831 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 1:08:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Thank you, Skeeter, for the correction. :smileyhappy:

67 of 664 (11,823 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 1:10:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I didn't want to give anyone a false sense of hope!  :smileysad:

68 of 664 (11,826 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 1:23:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

skeeterintexas wrote:

Skeeter - this is the time of the year that my wife will ask me either: 1) are we going to get the Hallmark Channel, this year or 2) what channel is it on?  The channels' big draw (besides the series with that hottie Andie Macdowell) is Holiday movies and I bet that wives and mothers will be asking their spouses or kids about Hallmark, all across U-Verse land.

69 of 664 (11,820 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 1:49:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by americangame on Sep 17, 2013 at 1:50:48 PM

dhascall wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

Skeeter - this is the time of the year that my wife will ask me either: 1) are we going to get the Hallmark Channel, this year or 2) what channel is it on?  The channels' big draw (besides the series with that hottie Andie Macdowell) is Holiday movies and I bet that wives and mothers will be asking their spouses or kids about Hallmark, all across U-Verse land.

The only things I know Andie MacDowelll from is being the love intrest in Groundhog Day.

Is it irony that the Hallmark subject keeps coming back nearly the same every day?

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

[ Edited ]
70 of 664 (11,782 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 2:46:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

LOVE that movie (Groundhog Day) and this is my favorite scene:

71 of 664 (11,749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 3:12:52 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by LoveHD on Sep 17, 2013 at 3:13:08 PM

outfanindallas writes, "Hallmark has been gone so long the vulture Direct TV sales people at Costco are no longer using that as a reason to switch."

Crazy.

Perhaps AT&T U-verse sales reps could have been countering with telling potential subscribers that AT&T U-verse carries GSN in high definition. DirecTV, which partially owns the programmer, is just about the most major cable television provider which does not carry GSN HD.

"Go figure! And please sign up with AT&T U-verse!"

[ Edited ]
72 of 664 (4,223 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 3:30:32 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by LoveHD on Sep 17, 2013 at 3:34:19 PM

trparky writes, " I have to wonder what's going on in Crown Media to make them think that they need to do this.  Are they that desperate for people to watch their channel?"

Let's suppose this is accurate. That there are trolls who come here from Crown Media, the owner of Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movie Channel, and the obscure PixL.

Would Crown Media be desperate?

Yes.

Three years is a great amount of time to not have carriage with AT&T U-verse. I am not aware of the rankings of cable television providers, in terms of their numbers of subscribers, but I think AT&T U-verse is a Top 10 company. (If someone can say, I'd appreciate it.)

I have considered that pitting the two is not a bad way from which to analyze this. Who needs who more? AT&T U-verse being more in need to carry the programming from Crown Media? Or Crown Media being more in need for the carriage of its programming on AT&T U-verse? I think it's the latter.

As for the desperation part … I recall just a short while ago that Pac-12 Network was doing advertising, or something to the effect, stating that subscribers of DirecTV should leave DirecTV and go to satellite rival Dish Network. Why? DirecTV does not carry Pac-12 Network. It didn't make a deal when it launched in 2012. It still hasn't made an agreement in 2013. Dish Network does carry Pac-12 Network. How does that sound motivating to DirecTV? Mike White is the CEO of DirecTV. He has stated that the pricing from sports programmers has been getting out of line. (His take on it with representing the company and trying to keep subscriber costs somewhat in control.) I think this was incredibly stupid of Pac-12 Network. And, yet, I don't know if Pac-12 Network v. DirecTV is much different from Crown Media v. AT&T U-verse.

[ Edited ]
73 of 664 (4,210 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 7:16:48 PM
(0)
Scholar
There are too many Hallmark threads, and with respect, I must say that most of you want then locked or placed into file 13.   However, you are part of the problem. 

With additional respect, most of you who post, continually, trying to justify the reasons why Hallmark channels are no longer with us are part of the problem. 

Others of you who post that the OP's are trolls and people who don't check the channel listings before subscribing to U-Verse are, again, part of the problem.

How to fix the problem ..?  quit posting ... the threads will disappear!

74 of 664 (11,708 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 7:40:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

wmtheel wrote:
There are too many Hallmark threads, and with respect, I must say that most of you want then locked or placed into file 13.   However, you are part of the problem. 

With additional respect, most of you who post, continually, trying to justify the reasons why Hallmark channels are no longer with us are part of the problem. 

Others of you who post that the OP's are trolls and people who don't check the channel listings before subscribing to U-Verse are, again, part of the problem.

How to fix the problem ..?  quit posting ... the threads will disappear!

We are not the ones who start the threads, The people who start the threads are mainly tr**ls and One Post One and Done Wonders who just want to stir the pot.

We answer just in case there is a chance that the OP's are new forum members that have a legitimate question about the Hallmark Channel.

75 of 664 (11,698 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 5:11:34 AM
(0)
Scholar

dwinth, you wrote ...

"We are not the ones who start the threads,"  Obviously, I was very aware of that when I posted. "The people who start the threads are mainly tr**ls and One Post One and Done Wonders who just want to stir the pot."  You could well be right, but that is supposition on our part, because we have not true way of knowing the real answer!

"We answer just in case there is a chance that the OP's are new forum members that have a legitimate question about the Hallmark Channel."  Again, you are right, that is one of the reasons this forum exists.  However, some take that reasoning to the extreme.  Some of our responses are helping the very people we are criticizing, by keeping the myriad threads alive.  That is the crux of my post.

No matter how we slice it, the three year old Hallmark issue, regardless of whether the posters are trolls or legitimates, is not going away.   The only panacea for this melodrama is for U-Verse to bring Hallmark back, regardless of whether our opinions are pro or con.  Otherwise, we must grin and bear the angst of having these discussions. 

76 of 664 (11,659 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 7:35:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

americangame wrote:

dhascall wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

The only things I know Andie MacDowelll from is being the love intrest in Groundhog Day.

Is it irony that the Hallmark subject keeps coming back nearly the same every day?

It could be a coinkydink but I'm betting that it is 1) new U-Verse blood coupled with 2) a decent in-the-ratings-department new show on what had been pretty much a nothing network.  The same thing happened with a contract dispute with AMC.  AMC was kind of blah network until Mad Men came on.  There were at least a dozen posts per day saying how U-Verse should negotiate to keep AMC just because of Mad Men.

I wish that forum managers had not closed the one long in the tooth Hallmark thread.  I knew that folks would just make new ones.  The better (IMHO) solution would be to leave it open (maybe sticky it) and push all Hallmark posts to that one spot.   Some sort of a public statement from AT&T

77 of 664 (11,620 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 8:41:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

How did this thread get out of the "Features and How To" section? It needs to be moved back to that section. This thread has nothing to do with "Using Your U-Verse TV & Remote".

Re: Where is the Hallmark Channel??

78 of 664 (4,695 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 1:33:05 PM
(0)
Guru

We seriously need to get a moderator in here to clean up the Hallmark trash.  I'm sick and tired of seeing multiple threads all whining about not having that stupid channel.

79 of 664 (4,113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 3:57:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

The U-Verse moderators have been hard at work putting six Hallmark threads of a possible seven at the top of the list. This thread seems to be a conglomeration of different threads because the posting dates are all over the place.

What I see missing is the discussion last night about who is a tr**l, who is a One Post One and Done Wonder, and who is a legitmate poster. Those posts have been completely deleted.

Perhaps the solution is one big thread called the Best of Hallmark (or Hackmark as one poster wrote back in 2010).

Re: Where is the Hallmark Channel??

80 of 664 (4,633 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 10:54:16 AM
(0)
Scholar

trparky,

Obviously, on this board, you are not alone.  Anything can be viewed as beautiful or ugly. Paraphrasing the idiom, "Beauty (or, ugly) is in the eye of the beholder."

With the hundreds of channels offered by U-Verse, I believe it's safe to say that no subscribers find them all beautiful.  There are myriad channels that posters champion that I don't care for.  The "beauty" part is when we respect the wishes of others, rather than demean them, or their channel favorites.  

81 of 664 (4,038 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 1:47:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Sep 19, 2013 at 1:48:28 PM

trparky wrote:

We seriously need to get a moderator in here to clean up the Hallmark trash.  I'm sick and tired of seeing multiple threads all whining about not having that stupid channel.

This is the exact reason that I feel that there needs to be one master thread of Hallmark posts and maybe even "sticky" it.  There are some pro-AT&T folks who reply back to every new Hallmark poster.  Those sort of people might mot have to work so hard at replying if it were done that way.   They could just steer clear.

As far as Crown Media sending trolls to post on the AT&T forum, why?  AT&T and one other smaller, regional provider, are the only main cable providers not carrying the channel.  If they were only getting a few cents per subscriber, the $ lost would not be that significant.  If Comcast, Direct and say TWC all dropped Hallmark, that would be something to crow about.  I think that we are seeing more posts because 1)U-Verse is growing and 2)they have one show that folks are talking about (kinda like what Mad Men did for AMC).

[ Edited ]
82 of 664 (4,008 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2013 7:30:54 PM
(0)
Explorer

You guys are out of the loop. The original movies were doing well in 2010 and have continued to do well. The movies even win their time slot sometimes. It wasn't as lowly rated as some here like to believe. Martha Stewart drove down ratings in 2010. She also cost a fortune. Original programming was always their strongest product.

Ratings matter and then again they don't. The 3 big news networks can barely cover the audience of a CSI repeat, but they are attached to bigger companies. That is the real problem. Bigger companies can get space for channels few watch. If Hallmark were owned by Disney, this thread wouldn't even exist. Check who owns what and what kind of market share some networks actually have.

And AT&T, I realize it might be cost efficient to have customers answer questions on this forum, but you need to control your PR and message. Some people are already confused thinking these people speak for you. I know there are disclaimers, but it doesn't seem to reach everyone.

Re: hallmark

83 of 664 (4,723 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 29, 2013 8:09:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

ATT knew how little the Hallmark channels were being watched and would not agree to the outrageous increase in the rate wanted for these channels by Crown Media. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

84 of 664 (4,721 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 8:30:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

mamaste wrote:

You guys are out of the loop. The original movies were doing well in 2010 and have continued to do well. The movies even win their time slot sometimes. It wasn't as lowly rated as some here like to believe. Martha Stewart drove down ratings in 2010. She also cost a fortune. Original programming was always their strongest product.

Ratings matter and then again they don't. The 3 big news networks can barely cover the audience of a CSI repeat, but they are attached to bigger companies. That is the real problem. Bigger companies can get space for channels few watch. If Hallmark were owned by Disney, this thread wouldn't even exist. Check who owns what and what kind of market share some networks actually have.

And AT&T, I realize it might be cost efficient to have customers answer questions on this forum, but you need to control your PR and message. Some people are already confused thinking these people speak for you. I know there are disclaimers, but it doesn't seem to reach everyone.

Most large companies use some form of "community" when running a forum.  There are employees that interject from time to time and I guarantee that each and every post / reply gets looked at buy someone with AT&T.  If you want to speak directly to AT&T, post on their Facebook page and / or send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  My wife does miss the Hallmark channels, too.

85 of 664 (4,659 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 11:17:17 AM
(0)
Scholar

mamaste writes [from Aug. 1, 2013]: "The issue wasn't the amount of the carriage fees, but the fairness of the amount Crown Meua was asking. Crown wanted AT&T to pay an amount similar to what larger, national providers pay. AT&T felt they should pay an amount closer to what smaller providers with a smallee subscriber base pays. The amount was only 4 or 5 cents per subscriber. The way the reasoning is worded here, makes AT&T look cheap and Crown greedy. The dispute was about fairness not the actual amount Crown wanted. Until the two can agree on whether AT&T is a big company or a small one, we won't see Hallmark. Since 2010 things have changed. Hallmark's ratings have greatly improved and they no longer need to pay for Martha Stewart. AT&T has grown their customer base. Whatever happens now, will be based on this not on what happened in 2010."

It sounds like Crown Media and AT&T U-verse should reach an agreement not long from now. Based on your post from nearly two months ago. Or, if that's incorrect - then there may be a bad relationship between the two companies. That neither wants to do business with the other.

As for the arguments for why AT&T U-verse should bring back Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel: I'm in support of their returns. I don't know the details of proposed contracts going back three years. I don't know how much of what you have written is accurate. But based on the last three years, I think it's obvious that AT&T U-verse has demonstrated it doesn't need Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel as much as Crown Media needs Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel to be carried by AT&T U-verse. This "AT&T Community Forum," with however many troll postings (and threads), has been a really good example of that.

86 of 664 (4,630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 4:51:17 PM
(0)
Contributor

WE is on channel 372 here in Indy.

Re: Why is there no Hallmark Channel?

87 of 664 (4,487 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 10:51:43 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am a At&t uverse Customer,

I have requested as many other Customers have, to please return the Hallmark Channels and the Hallmark Movie Channels, I have also contacted the Hallmark Channel. Hallmark advised me they would like to work with At&t Uverse to possibly see if an aggrement could be made between the both of you. I have not heard from Uverse as to what could be done to return Hallmark to the channel line up for your paying customers.

Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel

88 of 664 (4,435 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 11:12:11 AM
(0)
Guru

There have been many threads on this topic since Hallmark departed about three years ago.  This thread is probably a good representation of the discussion that has occurred.  If you search the forum, I'm sure you will find many other references.  Other than having submitted your requests, I doubt there is much more you can do than wait and see.  There does not seem to be any sign that Hallmark is returning anytime soon.  

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

Re: Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel

89 of 664 (4,432 Views)