fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

How did this thread get out of the "Features and How To" section? It needs to be moved back to that section. This thread has nothing to do with "Using Your U-Verse TV & Remote".

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Guru

• 

594 Messages

11 years ago

We seriously need to get a moderator in here to clean up the Hallmark trash.  I'm sick and tired of seeing multiple threads all whining about not having that stupid channel.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

The U-Verse moderators have been hard at work putting six Hallmark threads of a possible seven at the top of the list. This thread seems to be a conglomeration of different threads because the posting dates are all over the place.

What I see missing is the discussion last night about who is a tr**l, who is a One Post One and Done Wonder, and who is a legitmate poster. Those posts have been completely deleted.

Perhaps the solution is one big thread called the Best of Hallmark (or Hackmark as one poster wrote back in 2010).

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

11 years ago

trparky,

Obviously, on this board, you are not alone.  Anything can be viewed as beautiful or ugly. Paraphrasing the idiom, "Beauty (or, ugly) is in the eye of the beholder."

With the hundreds of channels offered by U-Verse, I believe it's safe to say that no subscribers find them all beautiful.  There are myriad channels that posters champion that I don't care for.  The "beauty" part is when we respect the wishes of others, rather than demean them, or their channel favorites.  

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@trparky wrote:

We seriously need to get a moderator in here to clean up the Hallmark trash.  I'm sick and tired of seeing multiple threads all whining about not having that stupid channel.

This is the exact reason that I feel that there needs to be one master thread of Hallmark posts and maybe even "sticky" it.  There are some pro-AT&T folks who reply back to every new Hallmark poster.  Those sort of people might mot have to work so hard at replying if it were done that way.   They could just steer clear.

As far as Crown Media sending trolls to post on the AT&T forum, why?  AT&T and one other smaller, regional provider, are the only main cable providers not carrying the channel.  If they were only getting a few cents per subscriber, the $ lost would not be that significant.  If Comcast, Direct and say TWC all dropped Hallmark, that would be something to crow about.  I think that we are seeing more posts because 1)U-Verse is growing and 2)they have one show that folks are talking about (kinda like what Mad Men did for AMC).

Explorer

• 

12 Messages

11 years ago

You guys are out of the loop. The original movies were doing well in 2010 and have continued to do well. The movies even win their time slot sometimes. It wasn't as lowly rated as some here like to believe. Martha Stewart drove down ratings in 2010. She also cost a fortune. Original programming was always their strongest product.

Ratings matter and then again they don't. The 3 big news networks can barely cover the audience of a CSI repeat, but they are attached to bigger companies. That is the real problem. Bigger companies can get space for channels few watch. If Hallmark were owned by Disney, this thread wouldn't even exist. Check who owns what and what kind of market share some networks actually have.

And AT&T, I realize it might be cost efficient to have customers answer questions on this forum, but you need to control your PR and message. Some people are already confused thinking these people speak for you. I know there are disclaimers, but it doesn't seem to reach everyone.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

ATT knew how little the Hallmark channels were being watched and would not agree to the outrageous increase in the rate wanted for these channels by Crown Media. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@mamaste wrote:

You guys are out of the loop. The original movies were doing well in 2010 and have continued to do well. The movies even win their time slot sometimes. It wasn't as lowly rated as some here like to believe. Martha Stewart drove down ratings in 2010. She also cost a fortune. Original programming was always their strongest product.

Ratings matter and then again they don't. The 3 big news networks can barely cover the audience of a CSI repeat, but they are attached to bigger companies. That is the real problem. Bigger companies can get space for channels few watch. If Hallmark were owned by Disney, this thread wouldn't even exist. Check who owns what and what kind of market share some networks actually have.

And AT&T, I realize it might be cost efficient to have customers answer questions on this forum, but you need to control your PR and message. Some people are already confused thinking these people speak for you. I know there are disclaimers, but it doesn't seem to reach everyone.

Most large companies use some form of "community" when running a forum.  There are employees that interject from time to time and I guarantee that each and every post / reply gets looked at buy someone with AT&T.  If you want to speak directly to AT&T, post on their Facebook page and / or send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care, and someone will get in touch with you.  My wife does miss the Hallmark channels, too.

Scholar

• 

155 Messages

10 years ago

mamaste writes [from Aug. 1, 2013]: "The issue wasn't the amount of the carriage fees, but the fairness of the amount Crown Meua was asking. Crown wanted AT&T to pay an amount similar to what larger, national providers pay. AT&T felt they should pay an amount closer to what smaller providers with a smallee subscriber base pays. The amount was only 4 or 5 cents per subscriber. The way the reasoning is worded here, makes AT&T look cheap and Crown greedy. The dispute was about fairness not the actual amount Crown wanted. Until the two can agree on whether AT&T is a big company or a small one, we won't see Hallmark. Since 2010 things have changed. Hallmark's ratings have greatly improved and they no longer need to pay for Martha Stewart. AT&T has grown their customer base. Whatever happens now, will be based on this not on what happened in 2010."

It sounds like Crown Media and AT&T U-verse should reach an agreement not long from now. Based on your post from nearly two months ago. Or, if that's incorrect - then there may be a bad relationship between the two companies. That neither wants to do business with the other.

As for the arguments for why AT&T U-verse should bring back Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel: I'm in support of their returns. I don't know the details of proposed contracts going back three years. I don't know how much of what you have written is accurate. But based on the last three years, I think it's obvious that AT&T U-verse has demonstrated it doesn't need Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel as much as Crown Media needs Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel to be carried by AT&T U-verse. This "AT&T Community Forum," with however many troll postings (and threads), has been a really good example of that.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

WE is on channel 372 here in Indy.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.