Posted Aug 11, 2014
3:55:50 PM
View profile
Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 17, 2013 12:35:57 PM
(1)
ACE - Professor
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Nov 25, 2014 at 6:21:27 AM

ellemoy wrote:

That is very disappointing.  I switched from Comcast recently and didn't realize that Hallmark wasn't offered on U-Verse since I didn't think Hallmark would be a specialized channel that not all carriers would provide.  Is there a place to give feedback on the ATT website? 

The Hallmark Channel has been gone from U-Verse since September 1, 2010. Please make your request for that channel here:    http://uversechannels.att.com/

Not all providers carry the same channels. U-Verse carries channels that other providers do not have. Always check the most current channel listings before changing providers.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

703 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
Replies
(703)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2013 2:30:56 PM
(0)
Tutor

Where is the Hallmark Channel??

1 of 704 (102,695 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2013 3:18:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Gone!!  Been gone for quite a while now.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Gone!!  Been gone for quite a while now.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: mok543210@gmail.com

2 of 704 (102,588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2013 1:37:31 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hello,

beebeesa is correct. AT&T's agreement with Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel has expired. U-verse TV customers have been denied Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel programming by Hallmark. Although we have worked on negotiating a fair agreement with the Hallmark Channels, the programming fees they are seeking are not reasonable. As a result of not being able to reach a fair deal with Hallmark, these channels have been pulled from the U-verse line-up.

I have sent you a private message to discuss your U-verse Community Account:smileyinfo:

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello,

beebeesa is correct. AT&T's agreement with Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel has expired. U-verse TV customers have been denied Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel programming by Hallmark. Although we have worked on negotiating a fair agreement with the Hallmark Channels, the programming fees they are seeking are not reasonable. As a result of not being able to reach a fair deal with Hallmark, these channels have been pulled from the U-verse line-up.

I have sent you a private message to discuss your U-verse Community Account:smileyinfo:

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 704 (102,573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 2, 2013 2:23:23 PM
(0)
Tutor

It worked. Thanks

It worked. Thanks

4 of 704 (102,572 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 3, 2013 12:48:15 PM
(0)
Community Support

You're welcome. As a security measure it is best not to use a full email address as a user id. I am glad we were able to correct this.

On another note, regarding the Hallmark Channel you can submit a survey to submit your interest in this channel. The results of this survey are used to make decisions during the negotiations with Hallmark.:smileyhappy:

http://www.uversechannels.com/channel-survey

You're welcome. As a security measure it is best not to use a full email address as a user id. I am glad we were able to correct this.

On another note, regarding the Hallmark Channel you can submit a survey to submit your interest in this channel. The results of this survey are used to make decisions during the negotiations with Hallmark.:smileyhappy:

http://www.uversechannels.com/channel-survey

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Where is the Hallmark Channel??

5 of 704 (102,569 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 3:53:47 PM
(0)
Tutor

Can anyone tell me how to work to get Hallmark Channel back?

hallmark

6 of 704 (97,149 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 6:03:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It is gone until they (Hallmark) are willing to lower their rate to an amount AT&T is willing to pay.  We (the subs) don't have any say in the matter.

It is gone until they (Hallmark) are willing to lower their rate to an amount AT&T is willing to pay.  We (the subs) don't have any say in the matter.

Re: hallmark

7 of 704 (97,129 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 6:35:21 PM
(0)
Teacher

When I chatted with a technician he gave me a link where I could suggest a channel to add to the lineup.  I was able to suggest it - but the link disappeared when my chat ended.  Sorry.

It is so sad. U-verse runs ads for HALLMARK CHANNEL, but won't add the channel to the lineup.  It just doesn't make sense.  It seems every other cable, dish, and direct-tv has it.  If u-verse is supposed to be so great, why is it they can;t afford HALLMARK?  I will never understand - but I choose to be a disappointed customer  - I have been with AT&T my whole life, and every other aspect of my package is just fine.  So I have hope that one day they will bring it back..

When I chatted with a technician he gave me a link where I could suggest a channel to add to the lineup.  I was able to suggest it - but the link disappeared when my chat ended.  Sorry.

It is so sad. U-verse runs ads for HALLMARK CHANNEL, but won't add the channel to the lineup.  It just doesn't make sense.  It seems every other cable, dish, and direct-tv has it.  If u-verse is supposed to be so great, why is it they can;t afford HALLMARK?  I will never understand - but I choose to be a disappointed customer  - I have been with AT&T my whole life, and every other aspect of my package is just fine.  So I have hope that one day they will bring it back..

8 of 704 (97,122 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 8:02:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

CynthiaWM wrote:

Make your request here :  http://uversechannels.att.com/

The Hallmark Channel has been gone since September 1, 2010. Until Crown Media agrees to lower its carriage fees to AT&T, you will not see it in the U-Verse lineup.

CynthiaWM wrote:

Make your request here :  http://uversechannels.att.com/

The Hallmark Channel has been gone since September 1, 2010. Until Crown Media agrees to lower its carriage fees to AT&T, you will not see it in the U-Verse lineup.

9 of 704 (97,103 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 11:28:46 AM
(0)
Explorer

The issue wasn't the amount of the carriage fees, but the fairness of the amount Crown Meua was asking. Crown wanted AT&T to pay an amount similar to what larger, national providers pay. AT&T felt they should pay an amount closer to what smaller providers with a smallee subscriber base pays. The amount was only 4 or 5 cents per subscriber. The way the reasoning is worded here, makes AT&T look cheap and Crown greedy. The dispute was about fairness not the actual amount Crown wanted. Until the two can agree on whether AT&T is a big company or a small one, we won't see Hallmark. Since 2010 things have changed. Hallmark's ratings have greatly improved and they no longer need to pay for Martha Stewart. AT&T has grown their customer base. Whatever happens now, will be based on this not on what happened in 2010. 

The issue wasn't the amount of the carriage fees, but the fairness of the amount Crown Meua was asking. Crown wanted AT&T to pay an amount similar to what larger, national providers pay. AT&T felt they should pay an amount closer to what smaller providers with a smallee subscriber base pays. The amount was only 4 or 5 cents per subscriber. The way the reasoning is worded here, makes AT&T look cheap and Crown greedy. The dispute was about fairness not the actual amount Crown wanted. Until the two can agree on whether AT&T is a big company or a small one, we won't see Hallmark. Since 2010 things have changed. Hallmark's ratings have greatly improved and they no longer need to pay for Martha Stewart. AT&T has grown their customer base. Whatever happens now, will be based on this not on what happened in 2010. 

10 of 704 (96,978 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2013 12:58:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Aug 1, 2013 at 12:59:43 PM

338cece wrote:

Hi.  The first point (that I've bolded) is a bit of a stretch.  U-Verse does not run ads for the Hallmark Channel (or HALLMARK if you would rather shout).  A network or a station may run ads for Hallmark, which U-Verse delivers into your home but U-Verse is not running the ads directly for the channels.  Why would they?

Your last point - yes most of us want them back.  Some want them back because they would watch the channel, some want them back because a family member would watch and some of us want the channels to return, so folks won't have to hear others complain, lol. :smileywink: Seriously, it takes to two to tango (or tangle) and someone done made someone mad!

338cece wrote:

Hi.  The first point (that I've bolded) is a bit of a stretch.  U-Verse does not run ads for the Hallmark Channel (or HALLMARK if you would rather shout).  A network or a station may run ads for Hallmark, which U-Verse delivers into your home but U-Verse is not running the ads directly for the channels.  Why would they?

Your last point - yes most of us want them back.  Some want them back because they would watch the channel, some want them back because a family member would watch and some of us want the channels to return, so folks won't have to hear others complain, lol. :smileywink: Seriously, it takes to two to tango (or tangle) and someone done made someone mad!

[ Edited ]
11 of 704 (96,952 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 7:28:34 AM
(0)
Teacher
Interesting and I understand. However, to AT&T, I would not have changed from DirecTV if I knew they did not carry the Hallmark Channel. I love Perry Mason (old series) and no other network seems to show them. Not to mention Hallmark has some great programs. It's about what the customer wants. If the customers cannot receive at least 5-10 of the 450 channels offered, what is the point. If the programing does not improve, I'm going to move at the end of my contract.
Interesting and I understand. However, to AT&T, I would not have changed from DirecTV if I knew they did not carry the Hallmark Channel. I love Perry Mason (old series) and no other network seems to show them. Not to mention Hallmark has some great programs. It's about what the customer wants. If the customers cannot receive at least 5-10 of the 450 channels offered, what is the point. If the programing does not improve, I'm going to move at the end of my contract.

12 of 704 (96,740 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 7:36:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

will3368 wrote:

You should have checked the U-Verse lineup before you switched from Direct. The Hallmark Channel has been gone since September 1, 2010. Never assume that what what television provider has is the same as all of the others.

What do you mean by " If the programing does not improve, I'm going to move at the end of my contract."? Are you referring to U-Verse getting back the Hallmark Channel or to the overall channel lineup for U-Verse? What other channels would you like for U-Verse to include to improve the channel lineup?

I hope that you are not a One and Done One Post Wonder, and will respond.

will3368 wrote:

You should have checked the U-Verse lineup before you switched from Direct. The Hallmark Channel has been gone since September 1, 2010. Never assume that what what television provider has is the same as all of the others.

What do you mean by " If the programing does not improve, I'm going to move at the end of my contract."? Are you referring to U-Verse getting back the Hallmark Channel or to the overall channel lineup for U-Verse? What other channels would you like for U-Verse to include to improve the channel lineup?

I hope that you are not a One and Done One Post Wonder, and will respond.

13 of 704 (96,731 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 9:07:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

will3368 wrote:

See if ME-TV is carried in your area.  Perry Mason is shown on that network daily. 

ME-TV

will3368 wrote:

See if ME-TV is carried in your area.  Perry Mason is shown on that network daily. 

ME-TV

14 of 704 (96,711 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 10:10:32 AM
(0)
Scholar

CynthiaWM wrote:

Switch providers.

CynthiaWM wrote:

Switch providers.

15 of 704 (96,692 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 11:37:18 AM
(0)
Scholar
Did Crown Media once state that they didn't need AT&T because their ratings were and they were doing just fine without them?
Did Crown Media once state that they didn't need AT&T because their ratings were and they were doing just fine without them?

16 of 704 (96,660 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 11:53:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

codycooper864 wrote:

When you are averaging less than 1 million viewers daily, I don't see how it could hurt or help by adding another 1 or 2 viewers.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

codycooper864 wrote:

When you are averaging less than 1 million viewers daily, I don't see how it could hurt or help by adding another 1 or 2 viewers.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

17 of 704 (96,661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 12:24:05 PM
(0)
Scholar
Good point. I am surprised the channel survives with such a low viewership.
Good point. I am surprised the channel survives with such a low viewership.

18 of 704 (96,643 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 3:19:49 PM
(0)
Explorer
I guess you guys are out of the loop. Hallmark's ratings have greatly improved. Cedar Cove has been the #1 show in its Saturday night time slot. The original films have seen increases, too. The ratings in 2010 were abysmal. It's not 2010 anymore. The truth is, Martha was dragging them down. Once they dropped her, ratings began to improve.
I guess you guys are out of the loop. Hallmark's ratings have greatly improved. Cedar Cove has been the #1 show in its Saturday night time slot. The original films have seen increases, too. The ratings in 2010 were abysmal. It's not 2010 anymore. The truth is, Martha was dragging them down. Once they dropped her, ratings began to improve.

19 of 704 (96,592 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 5:32:20 PM
(0)
Scholar
Hallmark is not missed in my household. I'm watching college football on Saturday night.
Hallmark is not missed in my household. I'm watching college football on Saturday night.

20 of 704 (96,558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 3:49:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

mamaste wrote:

While it may have 1 show that is winning a weekend time slot, it's still not anywhere near the top 25 shows for the week and it's ratings are still abysmal when compared to other networks. 

mamaste wrote:

While it may have 1 show that is winning a weekend time slot, it's still not anywhere near the top 25 shows for the week and it's ratings are still abysmal when compared to other networks. 

21 of 704 (96,513 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 5:32:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by americangame on Sep 3, 2013 at 5:34:27 AM

Winning a ratings battle on a Saturday night is like winning a game of poker aginst a bunch of people with no money.

Also, I just looked a the ratings for the show. It has never won the night in the number of viewers (that belongs to Nick and Lifetime) and it is never in the top 5 for the 18-49 ratings demographic.

Sources

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

Winning a ratings battle on a Saturday night is like winning a game of poker aginst a bunch of people with no money.

Also, I just looked a the ratings for the show. It has never won the night in the number of viewers (that belongs to Nick and Lifetime) and it is never in the top 5 for the 18-49 ratings demographic.

Sources

-------

[ Edited ]
22 of 704 (96,497 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 6:02:21 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by LoveHD on Sep 3, 2013 at 6:03:27 AM

I don't think ratings are what determines a channels lineup from a cable television provider. If that was vital, AT&T U-verse likely would not carry, for example, Justice Central. If this was the structure, we wouldn't have individual channels surprassing 100.

It seems like at least one of the two parties - Crown Media or AT&T U-verse - has been instrumental in not bringing back Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel. I don't know the details. Regardless whatever negotiations, the three years which have passed since after both left the lineup helps to answer the following question: "Which one can better survive without the other?" Both will claim they are doing well.

I don't think ratings are what determines a channels lineup from a cable television provider. If that was vital, AT&T U-verse likely would not carry, for example, Justice Central. If this was the structure, we wouldn't have individual channels surprassing 100.

It seems like at least one of the two parties - Crown Media or AT&T U-verse - has been instrumental in not bringing back Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel. I don't know the details. Regardless whatever negotiations, the three years which have passed since after both left the lineup helps to answer the following question: "Which one can better survive without the other?" Both will claim they are doing well.

[ Edited ]
23 of 704 (96,473 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 6:58:10 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

LoveHD wrote:

Ratings doesn't wholly determine whether a network is carried by a provider but I'm sure it plays a part in how much said network wants to charge and how much a provider is willing to pay.  And therein lies the problem.

Hallmark wanted $xxx amount of money and ATT was unwilling to pay it as per this statement from ATT:

We are very disappointed that Hallmark has refused to provide AT&T and its customers with a fair deal one that is no worse than similarly-sized and smaller providers and refused to adhere to key obligations under our current deal. We offered to extend the current deal while talks continued, and Hallmark rejected that offer. We don’t want customers to lose their programming, but we believe strongly that our customers should not have to pay more than their fair share for Hallmark’s channels, which is exactly what Hallmark is demanding.”       8/2010

LoveHD wrote:

Ratings doesn't wholly determine whether a network is carried by a provider but I'm sure it plays a part in how much said network wants to charge and how much a provider is willing to pay.  And therein lies the problem.

Hallmark wanted $xxx amount of money and ATT was unwilling to pay it as per this statement from ATT:

We are very disappointed that Hallmark has refused to provide AT&T and its customers with a fair deal one that is no worse than similarly-sized and smaller providers and refused to adhere to key obligations under our current deal. We offered to extend the current deal while talks continued, and Hallmark rejected that offer. We don’t want customers to lose their programming, but we believe strongly that our customers should not have to pay more than their fair share for Hallmark’s channels, which is exactly what Hallmark is demanding.”       8/2010

24 of 704 (96,454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 9:21:08 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Phil-101 on Sep 3, 2013 at 10:01:40 AM

Hallmark - Your shows aren't as good as you seem to think they are. This is one time that I actually side with AT&T.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Hallmark - Your shows aren't as good as you seem to think they are. This is one time that I actually side with AT&T.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
25 of 704 (96,413 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 11:37:06 AM
(0)
Scholar

From Business Wire, A Division of Berkshire Hathaway Company

-- "Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove" Launches with Stellar Ratings and Social Media Dominance. Hallmark Channel's first original scripted primetime series, "Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove", kicked off July 20 securing a 2.4 household rating with over 3.8 million unduplicated viewers. The pilot ranked as the #3-rated drama premiere on cable among households this summer to-date as well as the #1-rated ad-supported cable movie of the week and day. In addition to watching the show, viewers took social media chatter by storm, making the world premiere of "Cedar Cove" the most buzzed about primetime television program overall and #2 cable program on social media according to Trendrr Research for Saturday.

-- Hallmark Movie Channel Has a Banner Second Quarter. The network marked its highest-rated quarter in network history for total day and prime time among household delivery, registering increases of 35% in total day and 37% in primetime household delivery compared to the Second Quarter 2012 average. Hallmark Movie Channel is also pacing ahead of the competition, with its household delivery growth marking the largest year-to-year increase among all mid-sized ad-supported cable networks and the third largest increase of all 100 Nielsen measured ad-supported cable networks.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/crown-media-holdings-announces-operating-results-for-second-quarter...

From Business Wire, A Division of Berkshire Hathaway Company

-- "Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove" Launches with Stellar Ratings and Social Media Dominance. Hallmark Channel's first original scripted primetime series, "Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove", kicked off July 20 securing a 2.4 household rating with over 3.8 million unduplicated viewers. The pilot ranked as the #3-rated drama premiere on cable among households this summer to-date as well as the #1-rated ad-supported cable movie of the week and day. In addition to watching the show, viewers took social media chatter by storm, making the world premiere of "Cedar Cove" the most buzzed about primetime television program overall and #2 cable program on social media according to Trendrr Research for Saturday.

-- Hallmark Movie Channel Has a Banner Second Quarter. The network marked its highest-rated quarter in network history for total day and prime time among household delivery, registering increases of 35% in total day and 37% in primetime household delivery compared to the Second Quarter 2012 average. Hallmark Movie Channel is also pacing ahead of the competition, with its household delivery growth marking the largest year-to-year increase among all mid-sized ad-supported cable networks and the third largest increase of all 100 Nielsen measured ad-supported cable networks.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/crown-media-holdings-announces-operating-results-for-second-quarter-of-2013-2013-07-31

26 of 704 (96,376 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 1:35:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

This is where I say that a press release from Crown Media will be skewed to show them in a more favoriable light. odds are good that the 2.4 they're advertising is a collective rating between the prime airing and reruns.

Also noticed how they're number 3 in a subset of a subset of a subset. You have to question how many new dramas that preiered on cable debuted this summer and then see where this show now ranks compared to this list. The only other cable drama that I can think of premiring this summer is Graceland. Then they put it into another category that shouldn't apply since it's a tv series and not a movie.

As for the Ceader Cove being the most buzzed and #2 cable program I have my doubts. WWE usually takes that since they push the social media stuff during thier show and have a much bigger viewership in 3 hours than Hallmark has all week.

This press release reminds me of this Dilbert cartoon

-------

This is where I say that a press release from Crown Media will be skewed to show them in a more favoriable light. odds are good that the 2.4 they're advertising is a collective rating between the prime airing and reruns.

Also noticed how they're number 3 in a subset of a subset of a subset. You have to question how many new dramas that preiered on cable debuted this summer and then see where this show now ranks compared to this list. The only other cable drama that I can think of premiring this summer is Graceland. Then they put it into another category that shouldn't apply since it's a tv series and not a movie.

As for the Ceader Cove being the most buzzed and #2 cable program I have my doubts. WWE usually takes that since they push the social media stuff during thier show and have a much bigger viewership in 3 hours than Hallmark has all week.

This press release reminds me of this Dilbert cartoon

-------

27 of 704 (95,925 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 2:21:42 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by wmtheel on Sep 3, 2013 at 2:31:46 PM
I understand press releases, and I have written many in my lifetime.   It doesn't take the mind of an Albert Einstein to determine that most press releases are meant to trumpet the good things about a company.   I understood that when I posted it, but it is good news for Crown, contrary to what is usually posted here.

Are certain things, sometimes, a little skewed?  For sure, because that is the way communications are relayed through the media, from big government Politics, to big business.    All want to paint a prettier picture than the one that is, actually, in the frame.

From experience, I will tell you one thing, that even an Albert Einstein needs to know, you can play semantic games all you want, but in the end, reports should contain more facts than fiction.  If not, said companies, and
individuals, will be challenged by those who can prove it.  The same reasoning is applicable to Crown Media and AT&T Uverse. 
I understand press releases, and I have written many in my lifetime.   It doesn't take the mind of an Albert Einstein to determine that most press releases are meant to trumpet the good things about a company.   I understood that when I posted it, but it is good news for Crown, contrary to what is usually posted here.

Are certain things, sometimes, a little skewed?  For sure, because that is the way communications are relayed through the media, from big government Politics, to big business.    All want to paint a prettier picture than the one that is, actually, in the frame.

From experience, I will tell you one thing, that even an Albert Einstein needs to know, you can play semantic games all you want, but in the end, reports should contain more facts than fiction.  If not, said companies, and
individuals, will be challenged by those who can prove it.  The same reasoning is applicable to Crown Media and AT&T Uverse. 

[ Edited ]
28 of 704 (95,899 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 12:46:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Press releases and such can be skewed both ways.  Remember what AT&T said during all of this - "We're fighting for you."  Bwahahahaha!  That was one of the funniest things that I have ever heard.  They are fighting more for themselves and their bottom line, than any subscriber. 

Yes Hallmark is not the most popular network but they still have a following.  BUT it may be that the demograpgic may have lots to do with it.  Take two equal channels but one appeals to older women and one to younger men, advertisers will outspend 10:1 on the channel with the younger men.  That may have had something to do with it.  Radio stations do that all of the time, dump a popular format with older listeners for a younger demographic, even if fewer will tune in.

Press releases and such can be skewed both ways.  Remember what AT&T said during all of this - "We're fighting for you."  Bwahahahaha!  That was one of the funniest things that I have ever heard.  They are fighting more for themselves and their bottom line, than any subscriber. 

Yes Hallmark is not the most popular network but they still have a following.  BUT it may be that the demograpgic may have lots to do with it.  Take two equal channels but one appeals to older women and one to younger men, advertisers will outspend 10:1 on the channel with the younger men.  That may have had something to do with it.  Radio stations do that all of the time, dump a popular format with older listeners for a younger demographic, even if fewer will tune in.

29 of 704 (95,804 Views)