For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
fool58's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 11th, 2014 10:55 PM

Where is the Hallmark Channel?

I am new to At&t U verus. I was told when I signed up the Hallmark Channel was available.  It took me a week to finally realize you don't have it. Very misleading.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@LoveHD wrote:

hex731 writes, "Sounds like a troll or trying to entice people away from Uverse."

This seems to be happening often lately. Too often. And it may be becoming a nuisance.

I think the topic matter isn't the problem; the motivation is.

I've been on the side that says, "Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel should get returned to the AT&T U-verse channels lineup". But I also mentioned that I won't pretend that I know specifics about the contractual negotiations which apparently fell through in 2010. And I also mentioned that, if it this is a deal-breaker for people, the three years having passed since Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel left the AT&T U-verse channels lineup would have compelled most, who are dissatisfied, to make a personal switch and get their cable television programming from a different provider. This is, after all, a significant amount of time. In addition to it being a significant amount of time for a Hallmark Channel and/or Hallmark Movie Channel faithful viewer to be missing these programmers.

This prompts the following question: Who are the people who are posting these threads?

In a way, it doesn't matter. If I was moderating this area of the forum, I would close a number of those threads. I would go ahead and merge the topic into just one thread…and allow for just that one thread. Yes, go ahead and sticky it! And for anyone starting yet another new thread on the very same topic…it would get closed immediately. A kindly reminder would be explained to such a thread's OP which would go ahead and refer him/her to the already openly discussed thread. ("@here is the link, OP, and all others: @ … . Please use that thread for all further discussions on the topic.")

I would think that all of us are on the side that wants the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel returned to U-Verse. The more channels, the better. I do not see any reason why anyone would not want those channels to be returned, cost not being a factor.

The two sides, in my opinion, are the side that wants the channels returned no matter what the price may be, and those who want the channels returned only if the contract is reasonable so that our subscription fees are not raised as a result.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Guru

• 

594 Messages

11 years ago

I have to wonder if these people are Crown Media (aka the owners of the Hallmark Channel) employees that are posting this stuff.

Am I that cynical?  Yes.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

@trparky wrote:

I have to wonder if these people are Crown Media (aka the owners of the Hallmark Channel) employees that are posting this stuff.

Am I that cynical?  Yes.

I'm more likely to believe that it's a case of people who are pro-Hallmark coming in to post about the fact that U-Verse doesn't carry the channel even though they don't have U-Verse or are even in an area of the country that has it as a provider. 

It's similar to the people who want the Blaze on U-Verse (Now that I've said that they'll show up asking for the channel and to cancel CNN)

Guru

• 

594 Messages

11 years ago

To come here and open up new threads, multiple new threads, despite the fact that there are existing threads seems to lend some credability to the statement I made above.  It almost seems like an act of desparation here.  Make for as much attention as possible just of the sake of making that much attention.  I have to wonder what's going on in Crown Media to make them think that they need to do this.  Are they that desparate for people to watch their channel?

Most, if not all of their content isn't original content.  They didn't make the content that shows on their channels.  95% of the content that Hallmark Channel shows is syndicated content that's been around for ages.  You can find most if not all of it on either Hulu or you can rent the stuff on DVD from NetFlix.

Guru

• 

594 Messages

11 years ago

Now, maybe my thinking is based upon the fact that I come from the generation that doesn't necessarily need TV.  That doesn't at all mean that I don't watch TV, because I do, what I mean is that I don't necessarily need to have the content spoonfed to me.  If I want the content, I'll go and get the content that I want be it from Hulu, Amazon, NetFlix, or RedBox.  I don't necessarily have to have a TV channel to provide me the entertainment that I want, I'll go and find it using whatever transmission method that it's available in.

Scholar

• 

108 Messages

11 years ago

Any man watching Hallmark loses his man card Smiley LOL

Guru

• 

594 Messages

11 years ago

I don't watch the channel myself but I'm just saying that if they dropped a channel, say... SyFy for instance, I could get my SyFy fix from somewhere else.  I can get Haven, Defiance, Warehouse 13, and Paranormal Witness from other sources.  Same goes for Discovery Channel and those four jokesters on Mythbusters.  This is proof that if you look and are open to new media sources, you can get your content elsewhere.

For instance, uVerse doesn't have BBC America in HDTV yet so when the new season of Doctor Who comes out I'll be renting the season on Amazon.com.

What I see in the future is the complete removal of the concept of "TV channels".  It will be a complete À la carte system in which if you want to watch something you simple "search" for it and it'll be streamed to your STB.  Basically like On-Demand on some seriously high amounts of steroids.  Everything you could ever want including movies of yester-year, that new episode of The Big Bang Theory, or an episode of Haven, ready to be pulled up on-demand for you at any time that you want.  No more setting your DVR, no remembering what time the show is on or what channel, those days will soon be gone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

That is very disappointing.  I switched from Comcast recently and didn't realize that Hallmark wasn't offered on U-Verse since I didn't think Hallmark would be a specialized channel that not all carriers would provide.  Is there a place to give feedback on the ATT website? 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@ellemoy wrote:

That is very disappointing.  I switched from Comcast recently and didn't realize that Hallmark wasn't offered on U-Verse since I didn't think Hallmark would be a specialized channel that not all carriers would provide.  Is there a place to give feedback on the ATT website? 

At the top pf the same subforum that you posted, is a link to request a channel..  Click here to request it..  It does seem odd that U-Verse and one other small, regional are the only two providers not carrying it but this has been the case for years.  One of the two parties must have really offended the other.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

11 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

@ellemoy wrote:

That is very disappointing.  I switched from Comcast recently and didn't realize that Hallmark wasn't offered on U-Verse since I didn't think Hallmark would be a specialized channel that not all carriers would provide.  Is there a place to give feedback on the ATT website? 

The Hallmark Channel has been gone from U-Verse since September 1, 2013   2010 . Please make your request for that channel here:    http://uversechannels.att.com/

Good luck. Not all providers carry the same channels. U-Verse carries channels that other providers do not have. Always check the most current channel listings before changing providers.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Corrected....  Smiley Very Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.