Posted Mar 23, 2013
When will U-verse be streaming the Netflix Super HD that will include 3D?

When will U-verse be streaming the Netflix Super HD that will include 3D?

22 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Replies
(22)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 23, 2013
(0)

Uverse doesn't stream Netflix at all, afaik.  Netflix is a separate subscription service supplier that is in direct competition with Uverse.  I think they would have a serious issue with ATT if they started streaming Netflix offerings.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: When will U-verse be streaming the Netflix Super HD that will include 3D?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 24, 2013
(0)

Greetings,

The person replying to your message has no understanding of the issue.  I am also wanting to stream Netflix Super HD (3D content).  In order for Netflix customers to received Netflix 3D content, ATT Uverse must allow Netflix Open Connect to work on their system.  The following link can further describe the issue https://signup.netflix.com/openconnect.  Uverse needs to allow certain ports to be opened in order to allow 3D streaming, it cannot be done on the user side.  I welcome any useful information that will help us enjoy Netflix 3D streaming.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 24, 2013
(0)

savvy17 wrote:

Greetings,

The person replying to your message has no understanding of the issue.  I am also wanting to stream Netflix Super HD (3D content).  In order for Netflix customers to received Netflix 3D content, ATT Uverse must allow Netflix Open Connect to work on their system.  The following link can further describe the issue https://signup.netflix.com/openconnect.  Uverse needs to allow certain ports to be opened in order to allow 3D streaming, it cannot be done on the user side.  I welcome any useful information that will help us enjoy Netflix 3D streaming.

What RCSMG stated was a true statement, i.e. U-Verse does not stream Netflix at this time. He did not get into the technical portion of what AT&T needs to do in order for U-Verse subscribers to get Netflix streaming.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 27, 2013
(0)

dwinth wrote:

savvy17 wrote:

Greetings,

What RCSMG stated was a true statement, i.e. U-Verse does not stream Netflix at this time. He did not get into the technical portion of what AT&T needs to do in order for U-Verse subscribers to get Netflix streaming.

I would recommend that the Original Poster (OP) send a private message to the escalation team at AT&T Customer Care  They should be able to engage the Technical support folks to find out what / if any action that AT&T is planning.  It also puts a bug in AT&T's ear that folks are clammoring for this to happen.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 27, 2013
(0)

Uverse does stream Netflix!  It does not allow Super HD content to be streamed.  The issue needs to be resolved between Uverse and Netflix.  If you look at the link I posted, Uverse had to compy to Netflix Open Connect.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 27, 2013
(0)

savvy17 wrote:

Uverse does stream Netflix!  It does not allow Super HD content to be streamed.  The issue needs to be resolved between Uverse and Netflix.  If you look at the link I posted, Uverse had to compy to Netflix Open Connect.

No, UVerse does not stream Netflix, UVerse provides you with a means to recieve Netflix via the internet. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 28, 2013
(0)

oufanindallas wrote:

savvy17 wrote:

No, UVerse does not stream Netflix, UVerse provides you with a means to recieve Netflix via the internet. 

That's not what he means.  There is something that AT&T has to configure to allow Netflix Super HD 3D (or whatever it is) to pass through the U-Verse equipment. 

Did I say that riight, savvvy17 and boatapollo? :smileytongue:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 28, 2013
(0)

dhascall wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

savvy17 wrote:

That's not what he means.  There is something that AT&T has to configure to allow Netflix Super HD 3D (or whatever it is) to pass through the U-Verse equipment. 

I understand that, but, AT&T does not stream Netflix.  A Roku device streams Netflix, some tv's stream Netflix, but AT&T does not stream Netflix.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 28, 2013
(0)

oufanindallas wrote:

dhascall wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

savvy17 wrote:

I understand that, but, AT&T does not stream Netflix.  A Roku device streams Netflix, some tv's stream Netflix, but AT&T does not stream Netflix.

According to this, in order for a device that cen stream Netflix (e.g. a Roku box) to be able to receive Super HD, the underlying ISP (i.e. U-Verse Internet service) must be configured to handle Netflix's Content Delivery Network, called OpenConnect.  As of the beginning of 2013, only Cablevision and Google Fiber were.

It has nothing to do with Netflix (not) being part of U-Verse Cable.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 16, 2013
(0)

I think ATT and others don't want give up the exrta bandwidth needed for full HD or super HD 3D content 

from Netflix due to Netflix high traffic volume.  Whether it is a business or technical decision it's hard for me to say .

could be both .

I believe Netflix did offer to provide Content providers with the equipment for open connect either on the providers   premisesorremotely .(Amazon cloud?) but that still leaves the bandwith issues .

It could also be security isues with open connect . 

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 16, 2013
(0)

preferred user wrote:

I think ATT and others don't want give up the exrta bandwidth needed for full HD or super HD 3D content 

from Netflix due to Netflix high traffic volume.  Whether it is a business or technical decision it's hard for me to say .

could be both .

I believe Netflix did offer to provide Content providers with the equipment for open connect either on the providers   premisesorremotely .(Amazon cloud?) but that still leaves the bandwith issues .

If it's soley a business decision, is that not running afoul of this so called "Net Neutrality?"

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 16, 2013
(0)

dhascall wrote:

preferred user wrote:

from Netflix due to Netflix high traffic volume.  Whether it is a business or technical decision it's hard for me to say .

could be both .

If it's soley a business decision, is that not running afoul of this so called "Net Neutrality?"

Depends on if it's AT&T's desicion or Netflix's

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about U-Verse on the Xbox.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 16, 2013
(0)

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 17, 2013
(0)

texasguy37 wrote:

Here is an interesting article along those lines:

http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/01/timewarner-net-neutrality-foes-cry-foul-netflix-requirements...

Yep!  It takes both parties to make it happen.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 28, 2013
(0)
I think Uverse customer should request AT&T to do open connect with Netflix. To show that they are as good as they say they are.
Or tell us why not.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 1, 2013
(0)

Jwnobles123 wrote:
I think Uverse customer should request AT&T to do open connect with Netflix. To show that they are as good as they say they are.
Or tell us why not.

AND, while they are at it - work with the Weather Channel and get Local On the Eights!

Seriously, AT&T thinks that they are good?  Really?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 4, 2013
(0)

I don't know, but I still don't think the lack of LOT8's is a big deal (in my world).  Most of us are tech-savvy and have a computer of some type at hand, and, on any of those devices, I have the ability to access weather.com which has my local forecast and radar all the time, not just "on the eights".  Years ago, I switched from cable to DTV and missed the LOT8 thing, but ever since "always on" broadband was rolled out, it became an anachronism.  Since my DTV days, I have returned to cable (which of course had LOT8's), then switched to U-Verse, and have not watched or missed LOT8's.  All of this is just MY opinion of course, and everyone has their own...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
May 5, 2013
(0)

sbriand wrote:

I don't know, but I still don't think the lack of LOT8's is a big deal (in my world).  Most of us are tech-savvy and have a computer of some type at hand, and, on any of those devices, I have the ability to access weather.com which has my local forecast and radar all the time, not just "on the eights".  Years ago, I switched from cable to DTV and missed the LOT8 thing, but ever since "always on" broadband was rolled out, it became an anachronism.  Since my DTV days, I have returned to cable (which of course had LOT8's), then switched to U-Verse, and have not watched or missed LOT8's.  All of this is just MY opinion of course, and everyone has their own...

I didn't use LOT8s when I had it, so for me I haven't missed it.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 7, 2013
(0)

I realize old thread is old...  but something weird happened to me about an hour ago.

I was bored, so as I often do, I fired up Netflix on the ole PS3 and lo and behold, I had access to SuperHD and 3D tags I had never seen before.  Started watching one of the 3D titles...  and it worked, in 3D!

Fired up the laptop, and pulled up the Netflix SuperHD page, which stated that my Internet Provider was ready for SuperHD...

But alas, it only lasted about 20 minutes.  SuperHD and 3D tags are gone from my PS3 Netflix app and the Netflix SuperHD page is once again reporting that my ISP (U-Verse) is not configured for SuperHD...

Was sweet while it lasted.  Please AT&T, make this happen...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Aug 8, 2013
(0)

BBurgSteve wrote:

I realize old thread is old...  but something weird happened to me about an hour ago.

I was bored, so as I often do, I fired up Netflix on the ole PS3 and lo and behold, I had access to SuperHD and 3D tags I had never seen before.  Started watching one of the 3D titles...  and it worked, in 3D!

Fired up the laptop, and pulled up the Netflix SuperHD page, which stated that my Internet Provider was ready for SuperHD...

But alas, it only lasted about 20 minutes.  SuperHD and 3D tags are gone from my PS3 Netflix app and the Netflix SuperHD page is once again reporting that my ISP (U-Verse) is not configured for SuperHD...

Was sweet while it lasted.  Please AT&T, make this happen...

That, most likely, will be a good thing!  U-Verse tests on what I call "unwittings."  They will turn a feature on for a select group, or maybe the entire subscriber base, just to see how things go.  It could foreshadow its permanent status.  Ya just never know but that is encouraging!

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2014
(0)

Has this been resolved yet? 

Subscribed yesterday to Netflix and have tried using both my blu-ray and my Sony Bravia 3d smart tv.  It starts but then it hangs 2 minutes into the viewing. So the ports are opened but then close.  2d works great.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 4, 2014
(0)
USA is behind the world, behind nations like South Korea and Japan with broadband speeds and price, we pay the most for slow broadband.