jrg167's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, May 26th, 2013 4:49 PM

What happened with todays F1 race in Monaco? my series recording starts with the finish.

I have a series setup for qualifing and the race.  The race was on NBCSHD 1640 at 4:30am ET, so it was scheduled for 7:30 AM Pacific time (I'm in CA), all found automatically via the series but the times looked correct to me as per the advertisements.   The recording says it indeed started at 7:30 and lasts 2.5 hrs.  It opens with Rosberg on the podium.  $%&@#!   Color me a very unhappy consumer.   The qualifing session was recorded just fine.   What the heck went wrong here?  When was this broadcast?   Barcelona was recorded just fine a couple of weeks ago.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@jrg167 wrote:

I have a series setup for qualifing and the race.  The race was on NBCSHD 1640 at 4:30am ET, so it was scheduled for 7:30 AM Pacific time (I'm in CA), all found automatically via the series but the times looked correct to me as per the advertisements.   The recording says it indeed started at 7:30 and lasts 2.5 hrs.  It opens with Rosberg on the podium.  $%&@#!   Color me a very unhappy consumer.   The qualifing session was recorded just fine.   What the heck went wrong here?  When was this broadcast?   Barcelona was recorded just fine a couple of weeks ago.

The race was shown live on your local NBC affiliate station, not NBCSHD.  There was a later replay on NBC Sports Network (channel 640/1640).

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@FreeJack2k2 wrote:
So I can't trust my guide to record the live event, apparently. It recorded the end of the live event and then the replay, when my DVR is set to record first airings, no replays. So I start playing the recorded race and am instantly greeted with a shot of the podium. Great. Very disappointed...I don't have to set recordings manually for other shows and events and I didn't miss a single race last season, when it aired on Speed. Really angry about this.

No, the race was not shown live on NBC Sports Network (channel 640/1640).  The race was shown live on your local NBC affiliate station.  To watch that race live, you needed to have a series recording set for your local NBC affiliate not NBC Sports Network.  

There will be other Formula One Grand Prix races this year which will be shown live on either your local NBC affiliate or CNBC (channel 216/1216).  Not all the races will be shown live on the NBC Sports Network.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@vkreuder wrote:

It wasnt just you, it happened to us too, start the recording only to see the podium finishers right at the beginning. Apparently it wasnt a uverse or DVR issue because if you google it, comcast people are complaining they saw the exact same thing too. Its NBC, I wish it was still with Speed.

As I recall, not all of the races were on Speed.  There were occasional races that were on on your local Fox affiliate.  So now that the NBC Sports Group has the rights, the situation is no different.  You need to check the TV schedule for the race to see which channel it will be broadcast on.  Don't make the assumption that all the races are broadcast live on NBC Sports Network (640/1640) because they are not.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

4:30am ET is 1:30am PT, you subtract 3 hours.  Bet you picked up the end of a repeat. Smiley Very Happy

Edit:  Another repeat tonite 10:30pm ET, 7:30pm PT on 1640, Hockey post game show may bump into this, so adjust your recording to record longer.

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

oh, right , that was stupid of me.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

11 years ago

So if I have U-Verse in California, it says Jay Leno at 8:30 PM and I have to do mental math to figure out when things are? Shouldn't the guide be correct via time zone so it would say "Race starting at 4:30 AM PT?" That sounds confusing.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

No, just  go by what it says in the Guide, it should be in Pacific Time in CA which is when you would record.  Leno's on at 11:30pm ET, so yes, 8:30pm PT as it should say in your Guide. 😉

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

11 years ago

@jrg167 wrote:

oh, right , that was stupid of me.

The race was live here in metro Detroit at 7:30am ET on 1004 NBC local.  You started w/the correct time 4:30 PT, no conversion needed, your Guide should be adjusted for PT starts properly. 😉

Chris

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:
So if I have U-Verse in California, it says Jay Leno at 8:30 PM and I have to do mental math to figure out when things are? Shouldn't the guide be correct via time zone so it would say "Race starting at 4:30 AM PT?" That sounds confusing.

If you are in California, your local NBC affliliate should show The Tonight Show with Jay Leno broadcast at 11:30 pm PT in the U-verse Guide.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:
The race was shown live on your local NBC affiliate station, not NBCSHD.  There was a later replay on NBC Sports Network (channel 640/1640).

Yes, but the problem is that on NBCSHD, the description says "Live"... and any race in the past that was aired on local stations weren't aired on SPEED channel also on Sunday.

Really upset about this - most looked forward to race of the year - ruined.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.