hwkn's profile

Scholar

• 

113 Messages

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013 12:33 AM

What happened to Gol TV?

Yesterday it was on now I get a "You are not subscribed to this channel" message.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I just looked through the internet and apparently the same happened on a lot of other providers. Al Jazeera backed beIN is paying the providers to add them and drop GolTV in return. To me that sounds like clear anti competative behaviour and I am very disappointed that at&t would engage in this!

Former Employee

• 

310 Messages

10 years ago

@janbot wrote:

I just looked through the internet and apparently the same happened on a lot of other providers. Al Jazeera backed beIN is paying the providers to add them and drop GolTV in return. To me that sounds like clear anti competative behaviour and I am very disappointed that at&t would engage in this!

That's highly inflammatory. What are your sources??

Interesting that AJ is suing ATT. You would think after the big "pay off" that wouldn't have happened. Smiley Surprised

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Just found this out for myself.  The U-verse rep with whom I spoke was able to quickly identify that GOL TV had moved to the Latino Package.  He told me that GOL TV requested the move.  I questioned him, not actually expected a response but just thinking aloud, why would GOL TV ask to be put on a tier/package which shrinks their potential audience?  That sounds like something that at&t would do during a carriage dispute, for example.

Now where am I supposed to get my Bundesliga fix from? Smiley Sad

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

10 years ago

CLECOL: that has got to be total bulljunk! No way would GOL request to be moved to just a Spanish package that fewer people have. And what sense does that make anyway? GOL is an English language channel!

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

10 years ago

Here is an interesting article about the demise of Gol TV:

http://www.bundesligarama.com/gol-tv-german-football-cable-satellite-nbc-sports-bein-2/

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This is Bull. Watching Bundesliga on Saturday mornings is how I started all of my weekends, and now all i have is yet again bitter taste from the cable company. I can't believe that you can't find a channel in North America that will show German league, that is such a miss. BeIn - who watches French league? So many channels on the tube and nothing to watch.

Its all about where can i get more money and not what people want to watch.

South Park last week was awsome, it just showed what cable companies do to their viewers.

TV is not for us its for them to rip us off.

[Inappropriate content removed]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Are you kidding us AT&T? Where is GolTV or any other sports channel that would broadcast Bundesliga? Not just that GolTV is gone, it was taken away without any any propper announcement. In fact it's still listed as part of the lineup that I subscribed to!! Unbelievable. When will GolTV be back?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

For those first time posters, if you had read the article that Texasguy37 had provided, you would have seen that the current trend among television providers is to drop the English version of Gol TV, and have the Spanish version as an add-on.

http://www.bundesligarama.com/gol-tv-german-football-cable-satellite-nbc-sports-bein-2/

So far Comcast has dropped the channel entirely while Verizon Fios and Direct TV only have it as a Spanish language add-on. The article indicated that Gol TV could be on the way out with Time Warner and Cox.

I realize that the fact that Gol TV is being dropped by other providers does not make it better for U-Verse subscribers. I just wanted to indicate that U-Verse is not the only provider dropping Gol TV.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

FOX

BeIN has been paying providers to be carried. This has been reported all over the internet. However, they are NOT paying providers to drop any channel.

Due to BeIN snatching up a lot of leagues from GolTV, that channel has been dropped from a lot of providers over the past year or so. The fact that AT&T still has any resemblance of GOLTV should he a good thing to fans of that channel.

Former Moderator

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

Moved for better exposure
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.