Posted Oct 1, 2013
5:33:16 PM
What happened to Gol TV?

Yesterday it was on now I get a "You are not subscribed to this channel" message.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Oct 1, 2013 6:31:30 PM
(0)
Tutor

Just called technical support, and they were telling me that Gol TV is now part of the Spanish package. Go figure...

Accepted Solution

What happened to Gol TV?

27 replies
(7) Me too
(7) Me too
Replies
(27)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
Oct 1, 2013 6:31:30 PM
(0)
Tutor

Just called technical support, and they were telling me that Gol TV is now part of the Spanish package. Go figure...

Re: What happened to Gol TV?

Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 1, 2013 6:42:47 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by hwkn on Oct 1, 2013 at 6:48:39 PM

That's too bad now I kind've regret that Uverse got BeIN.[BeIN has too many repeats and not enough live soccer compared to Gol TV imho]

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 2, 2013 1:33:00 AM
(0)
Guru

Did Gol TV drop their english feed. All of their shows infomation on att programming guide is now in Spanish. One of the reasons why I did not want to switch back to comcrap. Because they drop Goltv. I am not going to spend extra money a mouth to get one channel. I recently upgraded to the sports tier to get Bein Sports and Goltv. But now I thinking of dropping the sports tier to save $10 a mouth. For those big Bein Sports Soccer Matches I will visit my friend house to watch those Bein Sports on their Directv.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 2, 2013 9:44:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

siouxmoux wrote:

Did Gol TV drop their english feed. All of their shows infomation on att programming guide is now in Spanish. One of the reasons why I did not want to switch back to comcrap. Because they drop Goltv. I am not going to spend extra money a mouth to get one channel. I recently upgraded to the sports tier to get Bein Sports and Goltv. But now I thinking of dropping the sports tier to save $10 a mouth. For those big Bein Sports Soccer Matches I will visit my friend house to watch those Bein Sports on their Directv.

Drop the sports tier. Whenever there is a big game on that you want to watch, call the (800) 288-2020 number or visit att.com/uversecentral and sign up for the sports pack. Many times, they'll offer one month free...but you have to have it for the whole month. When the month is up, cancel the sports pack. Keep in mind that BeIN is also on the Spanish Package and you could also get one month free of that package after your one month free Sports Pack is up.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 2, 2013 6:25:59 PM
(0)
Tutor
Spoiler
Uverse in their infinite wisdom has decided to remove the all SPORTS channel GolTV from the SPORTS package and add it to the Spanish channel lineup.
Spoiler
FYI uverse, GOLTV is not a spanish only network

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 3, 2013 10:07:17 AM
(0)
Contributor

They told me that GolTV was cancelled and out of ATT Uverse. In any case it seems no one knows it correctly. What a stupid idea if they moved to spanish package.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 3, 2013 3:54:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

They told me it was off all of UVerse.... but the person I talked it took an hour to tell me that.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 3, 2013 5:08:32 PM
(0)
Scholar
Another dumb idea by U-Verse. Dropping a channel for no reason...just because they got BeIN Sport does not mean they had to kick Gol TV to the curb. And then they didn't even give us access to watching BeIN online through BeIN Sport Play. As a nuclear plant contract worker I travel a lot and rely on my computer to watch U-Verse stuff so that sucks for me.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 3, 2013 9:01:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

Seriously?  I just renewed my ATT solely because they had Bein and Gol.

Don't they know Gol TV comes in english too?  Did anyone bother to check?

Also ATT has a HORRIBLE sports pack but with goltv and bein it was fine- otherwise it offers pretty much nothing.  i regret not going with twc if this is the case.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 4, 2013 12:43:37 PM
(0)
Tutor

I had the same issue. 2nd level technical support told me after one hour that it was dropped from the sports pack. I tried to talk to sales to find out what I could do. They did not even know that it was dropped and it was still in the sports pack in their system. Also it still shows up online as part of the sports pack. I picked att to get German soccer and want that in English. I don't get this. I am about to drop att

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 4, 2013 1:35:36 PM
(0)
Tutor

I just looked through the internet and apparently the same happened on a lot of other providers. Al Jazeera backed beIN is paying the providers to add them and drop GolTV in return. To me that sounds like clear anti competative behaviour and I am very disappointed that at&t would engage in this!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 4, 2013 2:42:40 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by Fox Mulder on Oct 4, 2013 at 2:44:33 PM

janbot wrote:

I just looked through the internet and apparently the same happened on a lot of other providers. Al Jazeera backed beIN is paying the providers to add them and drop GolTV in return. To me that sounds like clear anti competative behaviour and I am very disappointed that at&t would engage in this!

That's highly inflammatory. What are your sources??

Interesting that AJ is suing ATT. You would think after the big "pay off" that wouldn't have happened. :smileysurprised:

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 4, 2013 8:22:21 PM
(0)
Tutor

Just found this out for myself.  The U-verse rep with whom I spoke was able to quickly identify that GOL TV had moved to the Latino Package.  He told me that GOL TV requested the move.  I questioned him, not actually expected a response but just thinking aloud, why would GOL TV ask to be put on a tier/package which shrinks their potential audience?  That sounds like something that at&t would do during a carriage dispute, for example.

Now where am I supposed to get my Bundesliga fix from? :smileysad:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 5, 2013 5:17:19 AM
(0)
Scholar
CLECOL: that has got to be total bulljunk! No way would GOL request to be moved to just a Spanish package that fewer people have. And what sense does that make anyway? GOL is an English language channel!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 5, 2013 8:18:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Here is an interesting article about the demise of Gol TV:

http://www.bundesligarama.com/gol-tv-german-football-cable-satellite-nbc-sports-bein-2/

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 5, 2013 9:50:33 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Oct 5, 2013 at 10:34:46 AM

This is Bull. Watching Bundesliga on Saturday mornings is how I started all of my weekends, and now all i have is yet again bitter taste from the cable company. I can't believe that you can't find a channel in North America that will show German league, that is such a miss. BeIn - who watches French league? So many channels on the tube and nothing to watch.

Its all about where can i get more money and not what people want to watch.

South Park last week was awsome, it just showed what cable companies do to their viewers.

TV is not for us its for them to rip us off.

[Inappropriate content removed]

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 6, 2013 6:10:55 AM
(0)
Contributor

Are you kidding us AT&T? Where is GolTV or any other sports channel that would broadcast Bundesliga? Not just that GolTV is gone, it was taken away without any any propper announcement. In fact it's still listed as part of the lineup that I subscribed to!! Unbelievable. When will GolTV be back?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 6, 2013 6:39:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

For those first time posters, if you had read the article that Texasguy37 had provided, you would have seen that the current trend among television providers is to drop the English version of Gol TV, and have the Spanish version as an add-on.

http://www.bundesligarama.com/gol-tv-german-football-cable-satellite-nbc-sports-bein-2/

So far Comcast has dropped the channel entirely while Verizon Fios and Direct TV only have it as a Spanish language add-on. The article indicated that Gol TV could be on the way out with Time Warner and Cox.

I realize that the fact that Gol TV is being dropped by other providers does not make it better for U-Verse subscribers. I just wanted to indicate that U-Verse is not the only provider dropping Gol TV.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 6, 2013 1:18:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
FOX

BeIN has been paying providers to be carried. This has been reported all over the internet. However, they are NOT paying providers to drop any channel.

Due to BeIN snatching up a lot of leagues from GolTV, that channel has been dropped from a lot of providers over the past year or so. The fact that AT&T still has any resemblance of GOLTV should he a good thing to fans of that channel.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 25, 2013 8:19:13 PM
(0)

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 3, 2013 6:26:30 PM
(0)
Contributor

To get DVD playable on Blackberry playbook and other portable deivce, you need convert DVD movies to its playable format such as AVI, and 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013 10:56:58 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Tenoch271 on Nov 5, 2013 at 11:11:56 AM

We are avid football fans following many Euro teams. I complained to customer service about losing GOL TV and was told it was moved to the Spanish package. This makes no sense because the broadcast is in English for Euro matches. 

After reaching a supervisor, I found I could add the Spanish package to my Uverse 450 for an introductory offer of $25 less than what I'm paying in total for three months. 

I told them they had three months to add GOL TV back to 450, offer me the Spanish package for free or I'd be canceling all ATT products. Uverse 450, Phone, Internet, 2 iPhones, 2 iPads. 

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013 12:11:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Tenoch271 wrote:

We are avid football fans following many Euro teams. I complained to customer service about losing GOL TV and was told it was moved to the Spanish package. This makes no sense because the broadcast is in English for Euro matches. 

After reaching a supervisor, I found I could add the Spanish package to my Uverse 450 for an introductory offer of $25 less than what I'm paying in total for three months. 

I told them they had three months to add GOL TV back to 450, offer me the Spanish package for free or I'd be canceling all ATT products. Uverse 450, Phone, Internet, 2 iPhones, 2 iPads. 

What a nice attitude you bring with your threats on your first post on this forum. I guess you will be canceling all of your ATT products because from what I seem to understand is that almost all of the providers no longer have GOL TV in their English language packages.

beIN Sports has replaced GOL-TV on a lot of providers. AT&T, Direct, Comcast, and Verizon have or will be removing GOL-TV from their English language packages. You can Google links to verify that information.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013 12:59:57 PM
(0)
Scholar

Good luck with your new service. They will not give it to you free,

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013 2:55:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

hex731 wrote:

Good luck with your new service. They will not give it to you free,

He is probably not even a U-Verse subscriber. I doubt we will ever hear from him again.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013 4:03:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Tenoch271 wrote:

Looks like you will be canceling all of your AT&T products.  Good luck with your new providers.  

By the way, I really do which you luck in finding any provider who still carries Gol TV outside of a Spanish Package.  I think you are in for a big surprise.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 5, 2013 6:42:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by oufanindallas on Nov 5, 2013 at 6:44:17 PM

Tenoch271 wrote:

If you spoke to one of our CSRs for the company I work for you wouldn't have a choice, we'd fire you. Our systems support, tax support nor our CSRs have to put up with attitude.  As has been said before, good luck, GolTV is going the way of TNN, gone and it's programming absorbed by other networks.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

[ Edited ]