Posted Feb 9, 2014
6:05:23 PM
View profile
What happened to AMC? We were looking forward to the new season of Walking Dead?

What the H happend?  We recently switched to ATT Uverse and now we find out that we can't get AMC?  Does anyone have it on their tv?  We were looking forward to watching The Walking Dead tonight!!!  And Mad Men is coming on in the next few months.  Why weren't we alerted to this?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 9, 2014 6:21:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Feb 9, 2014 at 6:23:52 PM

119 SD, 1119 HD and on here.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

What happened to AMC? We were looking forward to the new season of Walking Dead?

18 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(18)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 9, 2014 6:21:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Feb 9, 2014 at 6:23:52 PM

119 SD, 1119 HD and on here.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: What happened to AMC? We were looking forward to the new season of Walking Dead?

[ Edited ]
2 of 19 (3,906 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2014 6:22:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Feb 9, 2014 at 6:23:21 PM

See combined post above.

What package do you have?  U300, U450?

Re: What happened to AMC? We were looking forward to the new season of Walking Dead?

[ Edited ]
3 of 19 (3,904 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2014 6:22:55 PM
(0)
Scholar

AMC was moved to channel 119 SD and HD 10119 Uverse still has AMC .

4 of 19 (3,903 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2014 7:15:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

marlab46 wrote:

What the H happend?  We recently switched to ATT Uverse and now we find out that we can't get AMC?  Does anyone have it on their tv?  We were looking forward to watching The Walking Dead tonight!!!  And Mad Men is coming on in the next few months.  Why weren't we alerted to this?

Effective 1/1/14, AMC channel 795/796 and 1795 in HD will be moving to channel 126 and 1126 in HD.

There were plenty of alerts on this forum, and on U-Verse. I am sorry that you missed them.

I hope you will come back to let us know that you found AMC. Welcome to the forum.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

5 of 19 (3,873 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2014 8:15:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

dwinth wrote:

marlab46 wrote:

Effective 1/1/14, AMC channel 795/796 and 1795 in HD will be moving to channel 126 and 1126 in HD.

AMC is channel 119 and 1119 in the Dallas market.  Perhaps it is located elsewhere in other markets.

There were plenty of alerts on this forum, and on U-Verse. I am sorry that you missed them.

I hope you will come back to let us know that you found AMC. Welcome to the forum.

6 of 19 (3,861 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2014 8:30:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

skeeterintexas wrote:

dwinth wrote:

marlab46 wrote:

AMC is channel 119 and 1119 in the Dallas market.  Perhaps it is located elsewhere in other markets.

Skeeter, you are correct. I was going by the channels posted by the announcement that was made before January 1, 2014. Obviously, the channels numbers were changed after the announcement, and before this past January 1.

7 of 19 (3,847 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 9, 2014 8:33:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

dwinth wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

dwinth wrote:

marlab46 wrote:

Skeeter, you are correct. I was going by the channels posted by the announcement that was made before January 1, 2014. Obviously, the channels numbers were changed after the announcement, and before this past January 1.

I'm at the age when I just assume I'm wrong so I looked at my guide again...double checked....triple checked...went to "hidden" channels...punched in the numbers....I was freakin' out!

8 of 19 (3,845 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 7:15:02 AM
(0)
Scholar

I watched the Walking Dead last night with out any problems .

9 of 19 (3,766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 7:26:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by baseballisback on Feb 10, 2014 at 7:31:01 AM

rt123 wrote:

AMC was moved to channel 119 SD and HD 10119 Uverse still has AMC .

Gotta love that auto-correct, right? :smileyhappy:

It's 1119, but I'm sure that's what you meant.

Remember...if you can't find a show easily, you can always hit "MENU-->Search" then type in the name of the show. The show will also come up in the results if the channel is hidden. HOWEVER...if you do not subscribe to the channel AND it is hidden, it won't show up...this happens to me on channels like the various FOX Sports channels I don't pay for.

[ Edited ]
10 of 19 (3,760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 7:37:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by dwinth on Feb 10, 2014 at 4:12:10 PM

As usual, the original first time poster ( I have no idea why there is a 3 under their name) never came back to acknowledge that AMC SD and HD are still present. Another drive-bye One Post One and Done Wonder.

[ Edited ]
11 of 19 (3,750 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 7:39:18 AM
(0)
Scholar

Your right 1119 HD WalKing Dead is filmed in my home state of Georgia filming industry has really taken down here .

12 of 19 (3,747 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 7:43:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

dwinth wrote:

As usual, the original first time poster ( I have no idea why there is a 3 under their name) never came back to acknowledge that AMC SD and HD is still present. Another drive-bye One Post One and Done Wonder.

I certainly hope they found AMC last night and was able to watch "Walking Dead". 

I've been worried sick about that.....  :smileyvery-happy:

13 of 19 (3,744 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 8:16:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

skeeterintexas wrote:

dwinth wrote:

As usual, the original first time poster ( I have no idea why there is a 3 under their name) never came back to acknowledge that AMC SD and HD is still present. Another drive-bye One Post One and Done Wonder.

I certainly hope they found AMC last night and was able to watch "Walking Dead". 

I've been worried sick about that.....  :smileyvery-happy:

Skeeter, I hope you were able to get some sleep at least.

14 of 19 (3,730 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2014 9:33:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

dwinth wrote:

Maybe those posts were deleted? The funny thing is that if they had tuned to the old AMC location any time in January (or thereabouts), they would have seen a blue screen with a message saying "AMC has moved to 119 or in HD to 1119" or some such message.

15 of 19 (3,704 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 12, 2014 12:12:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

This one really needs to be locked.  Chances are great that the OP is a new subscriber and went to where the channel guide that he was given, said AMC was and it was gone.  Note to AT&T, leave a "slide" on the old channels for a bit longer, IMHO.

16 of 19 (3,575 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 13, 2014 10:57:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by baseballisback on Feb 13, 2014 at 10:59:05 AM

dhascall wrote:

This one really needs to be locked.  Chances are great that the OP is a new subscriber and went to where the channel guide that he was given, said AMC was and it was gone.  Note to AT&T, leave a "slide" on the old channels for a bit longer, IMHO.

I would support the idea of a slide or even some sort of mechanism to "move" to the new spot. Say someone types in 1795 or whatever, why not have a screen that says "You will be automatically taken to AMC's new spot at 1119 in ten seconds."

Of course, that may not be able to happen for the same reasons why auto-tune doesn't exist. But yeah, at least a slide can be hidden easily. I think I hid 1795 just a few moments into 1/1/2014.

Another idea? Why not stick those threads to the top that TexasGuy starts? The two most current could be stuck. When March's thread has started, remove January's thread.

[ Edited ]
17 of 19 (3,515 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 2:19:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

baseballisback wrote:

dhascall wrote:

I would support the idea of a slide or even some sort of mechanism to "move" to the new spot. Say someone types in 1795 or whatever, why not have a screen that says "You will be automatically taken to AMC's new spot at 1119 in ten seconds."

Of course, that may not be able to happen for the same reasons why auto-tune doesn't exist. But yeah, at least a slide can be hidden easily. I think I hid 1795 just a few moments into 1/1/2014.

Another idea? Why not stick those threads to the top that TexasGuy starts? The two most current could be stuck. When March's thread has started, remove January's thread.

All are absolutely great suggestions!  

On another front (but similar) I have always wondered why U-Verse doesn';t popup a little box like Comcast does when viewers with HD are watching an SD channel that says "You could be watching this channel in HD on channel 1xxx.  I know that this is now possible as there is a bug on 1640 that pops up and that directs folks to the Olympic app channel of 1094.

18 of 19 (3,471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 2:20:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Feb 14, 2014 at 2:24:01 PM

dwinth wrote:

As usual, the original first time poster ( I have no idea why there is a 3 under their name) never came back to acknowledge that AMC SD and HD are still present. Another drive-bye One Post One and Done Wonder.

He posted 3x and his posts were merged.  He is a true OPW as he posted at 6 PM and last visited at 6:07.  I bet he found the answer on his own, and never came back.  It's not as bad as a Hallmark or Blaze OPW, but I'm happy that he probably got his answer.

[ Edited ]
19 of 19 (3,470 Views)