Posted Jun 4, 2013
We need beIN Sport!!!

Why AT&T don't have beIN Sport? I regret to have AT&T! I can't watch the most important soccer games. Someone knows if AT&T will offer beIN Sport soon?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
9-6-2013 12:48:58 PM
(0)

Hello, everyone!

We’re pleased to announce the addition of beIN Sport to our U-verse Channel Lineup. This channel will be available to subscribers with the U450 Package, the Sports Package, and the Paquete Español.

We will offer beIN SPORT on Channel 662 in SD, 1662 in HD, 3120 in SD, and 3320 in HD. 

The Spanish-language channel, beIN SPORT en Español, will be available on Channel 663 in SD, 1663 in HD, 3119 in SD, and 3319 in HD.

Let us know if you have any questions!

-Mariana

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

We need beIN Sport!!!

151 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
Replies
(151)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 26, 2012
(0)

Anyone know if we have a chance of getting beIn Sports and Watch ESPN on Uverse.  Even Comcast has them and they are always last to the party.  Looks like ATT Uverse is trying to take on the mantra of "last in for new channels"

beIn Sports and Watch ESPN

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 27, 2012
(0)

yobo2009 wrote:

Anyone know if we have a chance of getting beIn Sports and Watch ESPN on Uverse.  Even Comcast has them and they are always last to the party.  Looks like ATT Uverse is trying to take on the mantra of "last in for new channels"

Considering how bein sport is paying comcast to broadcast they were the first to carry the channel.  As far as last in, sometimes that's not always a bad thing.  When channels are trying to charge to much, guess who gets the shaft, the customer because the providers have to raise their rates.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: beIn Sports and Watch ESPN

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 27, 2012
(0)

Although Bein and Watch ESPN aren't important to me, I will agree that the adding of new content has slowed down to a crawl. All I remember in the last14 months is TVLand HD, MTV2 HD and Longhorn. And they lost NHL during that time. Very underwhelming.. I understand the frustration.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 27, 2012
(0)

I really hope they add beIn Sport quickly.  I doubt it'll have less viewers than the Longhorn channel or some of the other college-related channels.  Soccer is king of the worldof sports, and I'm pretty sure a lot of us immigrants REALLY enjoy top-league soccer.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 27, 2012
(0)

rafa922 wrote:

I really hope they add beIn Sport quickly.  I doubt it'll have less viewers than the Longhorn channel or some of the other college-related channels.  Soccer is king of the worldof sports, and I'm pretty sure a lot of us immigrants REALLY enjoy top-league soccer.

It still draws less viewers than WNBA.  

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 27, 2012
(0)

oufanindallas wrote:

rafa922 wrote:

It still draws less viewers than WNBA.  

:smileyvery-happy:

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 27, 2012
(0)

I believe Direct TV and a few others were ahead of Comcast.  My concern is that Uverse has positioned itself as "Not Comcast", in some ways, so when they then drop behind them in terms of offerings, it could make things challenging for them.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Sep 27, 2012
(0)

Thanks for the sympathy!!  Trust me there are other channels that dont float my boat, and like yourself I can appreciate the furstration others must have.  I have to imagine with some of the pricing models Uverse has in place they could make this work.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 9, 2012
(0)

I don't suppose anyone has any new, concrete information about whether Bein Sports will be on UVerse this season? Missing such an good Clásico match last Sunday was incredibly frustrating, as I was busy during the match and really would like to have recorded it.  

I realize its not in AT&T's interest to say either way, and it really is disturbing that the company is completely ignoring my inquiries.  Phone calls lead only to reps who either really don't know anything or are playing dumb (most haven't even heard of the channel), and my emails and tweets have received absolutely zero response.  I'm really disappointed in this lack of transparency because I've not had any complaints about UVerse prior to this channel issue; their customer service was always excellent.   I'd respect the company more if they would just say either way, and I'll remember this when I'm making cable decision in the future. :smileysad:

Probably a futile inquiry, but if anyone has any information, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 10, 2012
(0)

reg1006 wrote:

I don't suppose anyone has any new, concrete information about whether Bein Sports will be on UVerse this season? Missing such an good Clásico match last Sunday was incredibly frustrating, as I was busy during the match and really would like to have recorded it.  

I realize its not in AT&T's interest to say either way, and it really is disturbing that the company is completely ignoring my inquiries.  Phone calls lead only to reps who either really don't know anything or are playing dumb (most haven't even heard of the channel), and my emails and tweets have received absolutely zero response.  I'm really disappointed in this lack of transparency because I've not had any complaints about UVerse prior to this channel issue; their customer service was always excellent.   I'd respect the company more if they would just say either way, and I'll remember this when I'm making cable decision in the future. :smileysad:

Probably a futile inquiry, but if anyone has any information, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks.

reg1006 wrote:

Thanks.

At this point, there is no word on when/if AT&T will carry BeIN sports. It doesn't matter how many times or how many people you ask, that is the answer.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 12, 2012
(0)

I don't know how I can stay with U-verse if they can't be bothered to show our national soccer team compete to be a part of the biggest sports event in the world.

Please add BeIn.

Cannot watch US Soccer World Cup qualifiers - will U-verse add BeIn?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 20, 2012
(0)

It's been frustrating losing the world's best soccer ganes from Uverse. I was very happy with the service, but i've decided to move out.

I'm sure nobody cares (specially uverse), but I hope y'all are heard soon and they include beIN sports on their line up.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 21, 2012
(0)
im a costumer of u verse but im still waitin for my favorite channel. BEIN SPORT. SPANISH AND ITALIAN SOCCER LEAGUE

bein sport channel now

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Oct 21, 2012
(0)
Please add this channnel

Re: bein sport channel now

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 6, 2013
(0)

So DirecTV, Dish, Comcast, TW and other have now picked it up, I guess UVerse is one of the last providers left. In 2011, Soccer was watched by over 10% of the US, that's 33 million people, it's SECOND in the 12-24 age group, only behind the NFL (even surpassing COLLEGE FOOTBALL!). Yet ATT doesn't feel there's a financial reason to carry it. Especially NOW with the US Men's National Teams away games for the 2014 World Cup Qualifiers being aired only on BeIn, there's a LOT of fans going to watch it elsewhere.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 6, 2013
(0)

asmolenski wrote:

So DirecTV, Dish, Comcast, TW and other have now picked it up, I guess UVerse is one of the last providers left. In 2011, Soccer was watched by over 10% of the US, that's 33 million people, it's SECOND in the 12-24 age group, only behind the NFL (even surpassing COLLEGE FOOTBALL!). Yet ATT doesn't feel there's a financial reason to carry it. Especially NOW with the US Men's National Teams away games for the 2014 World Cup Qualifiers being aired only on BeIn, there's a LOT of fans going to watch it elsewhere.

I'm going to ask you to cite those numbers.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about U-Verse on the Xbox.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 6, 2013
(0)

Agreed.  I can't independantly substantiate his claims at all.

Not that it matters.  Whether we agree with his numbers or not, AT&T will make a business decision on carrying the channel based on revenue.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 6, 2013
(0)
Here's the ESPN article:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/relegationzone/id/262?cc=5901

Higher than College Football, NHL and MLB.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 6, 2013
(0)

That's a poll result.  Ask people what sports they like.  A lot of kids play soccer and therefore list it as a favorite sport.  But would they watch it?  Ha.  My soccer player was never interested in watching it, just playing it.

You gave the impression you were talking about TV broadcast ratings.  That's a far different thing that fandom.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 6, 2013
(0)

33 million viewers, maybe, and that's a really big maybe, a world cup match with the US playing could draw 33 million viewers, but MLS and even the European league games shown on Fox Sports, Fox Soccer, Fox Soccer Plus, ESPN, and any other channel could only dream of having 33 million people watch a soccer game.  While it may be played by millions of kids across the country, the game is just too slow for the majority of people to actually watch a soccer match for an entire game.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 17, 2013
(0)

where is my bein sport i pay $ 150 at month i not have my best channel

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 17, 2013
(0)

navarro0907 wrote:

where is my bein sport i pay $ 150 at month i not have my best channel

How long have you been a U-Verse subscriber? beIN Sports has never been part of the U-Verse lineup. You should have checked before you signed up for U-Verse.  I would suggest that you make a request for that channel here:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 26, 2013
(0)

"the game is just too slow for the majority of people to actually watch a soccer match for an entire game"

Seriously? Slower than baseball...?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 1, 2013
(0)
it is my understanding that DIRECTV has BeIN sports. would like to get ATT Uverse that station. The reason for this is that station carries all USA mens and womens soccer games for the US national teams. it is terrible but we have the technology to air our own countries games but because the station is not part of ATT Uverse our customers like myself cannot view these games. Would like to see everyone voice their opinions and request that ATT uverse get this station.

Getting BeIN Sport Station

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 3, 2013
(0)

Spamtastic

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!

Re: Getting BeIN Sport Station

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 6, 2013
(0)
I would also like to see uverse carry Bein.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 6, 2013
(0)

cookiejhwk wrote:
it is my understanding that DIRECTV has BeIN sports. would like to get ATT Uverse that station. The reason for this is that station carries all USA mens and womens soccer games for the US national teams. it is terrible but we have the technology to air our own countries games but because the station is not part of ATT Uverse our customers like myself cannot view these games. Would like to see everyone voice their opinions and request that ATT uverse get this station.

Since you want our opinion, would it be great if AT&T carried all stations, yes, but my opinion, I could care less for this channel as watching soccer on tv is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 11, 2013
(0)

oufanindallas wrote:  the game is just too slow for the majority of people to actually watch a soccer match for an entire game.

You've got to be kidding me.  The match is over 105 minutes after the broadcast starts.  There are no commercials except at halftime...which lasts about 10 minutes.  

105 minutes into an NFL broadcast, you'll be just starting the 3rd quarter, and a scoreline of 14-14 (2-2 if you dont wanna count by 7s) is about the norm, and you'll likely have watched 15 minutes of actual gameplay.

The only reason that you get the illusion of the game being slow is because the camera is zoomed out and players are spaced out over 80 yards, rather than 20.  How many times are 60 yard passes complete in any given NFL game?  Now how about comparing that to how many times a 60 yard pass is "completed" in a soccer game (dozens of times).

Either way...why are you even posting in this topic to tear apart the reasoning for what someone else wants ATT to carry?  BEIN Sport has exclusive rights to the spanish league, the italian league, the french league, and the english championship (english 2nd division)...as well as all the USA national team world cup qualifiers which are played outside of the US.  While that may not be appealling to you, its MASSIVELY appealing to me.

The reason its not carried is because they havent agreed a price...simple as that.  BEIN sport feels that theyre worth more than what ATT is willing to pay.  The only way to convince ATT that BEIN is worth more is for individuals to voice their desire to have access to this channel....sooo...

ATT, please add this channel.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Apr 11, 2013
(0)

DEEB0rider wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:  the game is just too slow for the majority of people to actually watch a soccer match for an entire game.

You've got to be kidding me.  The match is over 105 minutes after the broadcast starts.  There are no commercials except at halftime...which lasts about 10 minutes.  

In that 105 minutes there will be most likely no more than 6 goals.  Other than that it will be a few people kicking a ball around and no major highlights.

105 minutes into an NFL broadcast, you'll be just starting the 3rd quarter, and a scoreline of 14-14 (2-2 if you dont wanna count by 7s) is about the norm, and you'll likely have watched 15 minutes of actual gameplay.

Actually at the start fo the 3rd quarter there would have been 30 minutes of play time removed from the clock. That doesn't count playtime after the clock had ended or if the clock isn't running for the point after touchdown, while the ball is in the air after kickoff, etc.

For soccer, the game may have anywhere from 90 minutes to 120 minutes on the clock, but the clock may still keep going until the ref decides the game is over. With the clock never stopping it can get confusing for a casual viewer not knowing when the game will end because they didnt see that 15 minutes in that one player went out injured and it took 8 minutes to get him off the field.

The only reason that you get the illusion of the game being slow is because the camera is zoomed out and players are spaced out over 80 yards, rather than 20.  How many times are 60 yard passes complete in any given NFL game?  The 60 yard passes aren't the only exciting thing in football. There's also the breakaway run, the  successful quarterback blitz, etc. Now how about comparing that to how many times a 60 yard pass is "completed" in a soccer game (dozens of times). How many times does that 60 yard pass result in a goal? In football a 60 yard pass almost guarantees a touchdown. If not on that play then within the next few.

Either way...why are you even posting in this topic to tear apart the reasoning for what someone else wants ATT to carry?  BEIN Sport has exclusive rights to the spanish league, the italian league, the french league, and the english championship (english 2nd division)...as well as all the USA national team world cup qualifiers which are played outside of the US.  While that may not be appealling to you, its MASSIVELY appealing to me.

The reason its not carried is because they havent agreed a price...simple as that. Citation please  BEIN sport feels that theyre worth more than what ATT is willing to pay. Citation please The only way to convince ATT that BEIN is worth more is for individuals to voice their desire to have access to this channel....sooo... This part I agree with. 

ATT, please add this channel.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about U-Verse on the Xbox.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.