Posted Jun 27, 2012
1:07:39 PM
WWME and 2 other channels gone?

I am so frustrated with AT&T! My favorite old tv channels are gone? I recieved no warning! I'm old so I like my old shows and I am really sad they are gone. Am I the only one?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 27, 2012 1:26:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

From the link below:

Effective June 25 we will be removing the following channels WWME-28 (IND) channel 23 and WMEU-48 (IND) channel 48 from portions of the Chicago market.

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
117 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(117)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 1, 2012 2:49:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am SO disappointed in U-Verse.  I used to brag about AT&T U-Verse to everyone but now since Hallmark and recently MeTV & MeToo I'm retracting all the great things I've ever said and I'll stop referring many people to their service.  Even though I said in the past NEVER NEVER COMCAST I'm contemplating that I may be switching soon.  This is ridiculous.  There are family and friends that live in the surrounding Chicagoland area that still get MeTV and MeToo on their U-Verse channel line up.  I am not understanding how they can remove local channels from basic cable in just certain areas.  I may just end up using a digital box and antenna only and give money to ComEd for using electricity alone.  I'm fed up with these negotiations and contracts on TV channels because of profitable greed "just saying".  I can go back to just locals on my television and save at least $100 a month.  Hmmmmm something to consider   :smileyhappy:

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

91 of 118 (2,962 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2012 6:57:32 PM
(0)
Tutor
I see I am not the only one upset about the WWME and WMEU being gone! We had WOW and switch to Uverse after a VERY lengthy telephone conversation with an AT&T rep. I had no intention on ever leaving WOW, but after what he told me, I was excited about Uverse! Well, in that conversation I was promised that my husbands stations were included in our line up. He is disabled and spends his days watching tv. I had Uverse installed while he was in the hospital with the promise he would still have his channels. I even have the guide the technician gave me and these two channels are listed! When he came home he was livid because there was a message on the screen that these channels were not available in our area. Can you imagine how upset I was also? We spent so much time on the phone trying to find out what was going on. The people that answer at AT&T don't have any idea what the problem is until they finally go to a supervisor! We were bragging about the awesome deal we had with Uverse, but no more! We tell everyone not to do it. They are liars! I signed up because I was promised my husband would still have his channels and he doesnt! Oh and dont expect them to discount your monthly payment because of it either! They don't care that you aren't getting what you were promised. We plan to go back to WOW and wish we had never left!

92 of 118 (2,779 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2012 3:58:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

This is really frustrating. My Uverse costs keep going up but the service gets poorer. I loved the METV station. There's so much crap on Uverse channels. I could probably count on the fingers of both hands the number of channels that are actually worth watching and METV was one of those channels. Very important that we still get all that Kardashian nonsense but classic TV like METV we can't get?

93 of 118 (2,740 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2012 4:08:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

chewy_godzilla wrote:

This is really frustrating. My Uverse costs keep going up but the service gets poorer. I loved the METV station. There's so much crap on Uverse channels. I could probably count on the fingers of both hands the number of channels that are actually worth watching and METV was one of those channels. Very important that we still get all that Kardashian nonsense but classic TV like METV we can't get?

I have often wondered by people spend money on a pay TV service to only watch a handful of channels and spend most of that time watching broadcast channels that they can get for free with an OTA antenna.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

94 of 118 (2,736 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 8:52:59 AM
(0)
Tutor

As of yesterday here is what I am seeing on my local Uverse:  Channels 23 and 48 (METV, METOO) stil show "This channel not available in your area" HOWEVER now on channel 24 seeing WWMECA and on channel 49 WMEUCA, both of which are the channel IDs for the local METV and METOO outlets in the Chicago market.  But the message tells me I am not "subscribed" to these channels.  I see no information when I access my UVERSE account on the web.  What is this about? Is this telling me I must subscribe and I assume pay more to have access to these channels>  Anyone know what is happening here>?

95 of 118 (2,701 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 11:30:03 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by hwkn on Aug 23, 2012 at 11:31:47 AM

My advice would be to call Uverse and ask them about these channels[let us know what you find out].

[ Edited ]
96 of 118 (2,686 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 12:20:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

You could also turn your STB/DVR off and back on and see if that changes the channels that it thinks that it is authorized for.

97 of 118 (2,674 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 23, 2012 12:29:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I believe there were some incomprehensible changes to these channels in the Chicago area. Before you call in enter your zip code here - https://uma.att.com/uma/RetrieveChannelLineup?ZIP=06410&APPID=UMA&actionType=&FORMAT=POPUP&FirstTime...

98 of 118 (2,671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2012 6:10:21 PM
(0)
Contributor

It is not fair that theses channels are missing.My husband always had me record Combat and 12 O'Clock high. Also, how come I don't get a credit on my bill for the missing channels, they sure would increase it if the contracts cost ATT more money and they would feel take it or leave it.:smileyfrustrated

99 of 118 (2,397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2012 7:56:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

rsteif wrote:

It is not fair that theses channels are missing.My husband always had me record Combat and 12 O'Clock high. Also, how come I don't get a credit on my bill for the missing channels, they sure would increase it if the contracts cost ATT more money and they would feel take it or leave it.:smileyfrustrated

You don't get credits for channels that are removed and you don't pay more for channels that are added.  The only time AT&T has a price increase is in Feb of every year unlike a different compaly that will raise their rates two or three times a year.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

100 of 118 (2,383 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 5:48:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

I live in Richton pk il., and really enjoy watching wwme ch.23 &wmeu ch.48.For whatevery reason att took them off in my area.I dont know what the problem is ,what I do know is this, if I dont get my two ch. back (AND SOON) Iam going  to change carriers.

What happen to wwme ch.23&wmeu ch.48 in richton pk.ill.

101 of 118 (2,201 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 7:58:01 PM
(0)
Scholar
COMCAST has those and other local channels that U doesn't

Re: What happen to wwme ch.23&wmeu ch.48 in richton pk.ill.

102 of 118 (2,189 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 8:07:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

natemac wrote:

I live in Richton pk il., and really enjoy watching wwme ch.23 &wmeu ch.48.For whatevery reason att took them off in my area.I dont know what the problem is ,what I do know is this, if I dont get my two ch. back (AND SOON) Iam going  to change carriers.

They've been gone for a couple of months now. They are in the works to get them back eventually, just no ETA.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

103 of 118 (2,185 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2012 8:07:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

dian1950 wrote:

So go troll in the Comcast forums.  There are channels that UVerse has that Comcast doesn't. Plus more in HD than any other provider.

104 of 118 (2,183 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2012 9:05:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

dian1950 wrote:

Hi Larry11 aka Paul416. How are things in Chicago? Do you still have those apartments that you rent? I assume you pulled U-Verse out of the apartments several years ago.

You must really like Comcast since you are always touting it on this forum. Does your office at Comcast have a great view of the lake or downtown Chicago or both?

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

105 of 118 (2,148 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2012 12:37:10 PM
(0)
Coach
T AGREE

Re: Bring back WWME - MeTV !!!

106 of 118 (2,128 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2012 12:37:56 PM
(0)
Coach
YES THEY WILL START SWITCHING IM GOING TO

107 of 118 (2,130 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2012 5:12:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

IMDJHUTCH wrote:
YES THEY WILL START SWITCHING IM GOING TO

Where are you "going to"? You did not indicate your destination. Sorry to see you go. We hardly knew you, and will miss you. You should reconsider before you end up with a provider that gets you stuck in a contract.

108 of 118 (2,101 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2012 9:12:18 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Darned kids and their caps locks.

109 of 118 (2,058 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2012 9:54:37 AM
(0)
Tutor

Somewhat  useful information I just received from AT&T customer support on this topic:

110 of 118 (1,992 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2012 11:09:12 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am disappointed because I was watching M*A*S*H on it.

However, when I switched to CommiCast it was the worst 4 months of my life.

I did the (re) installer a favor and left my uverse wiriing intact.

I'm happy to be back with Ma-Bell and not with the ucaring cable giant.

111 of 118 (1,655 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2012 1:28:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

wefles wrote:

I am disappointed because I was watching M*A*S*H on it.

However, when I switched to CommiCast it was the worst 4 months of my life.

I did the (re) installer a favor and left my uverse wiriing intact.

I'm happy to be back with Ma-Bell and not with the ucaring cable giant.

Welcome back!

112 of 118 (1,634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2012 3:11:55 PM
(0)
Voyager

We were a customer of CommieCrap for 25 years.   You talk about raising rates, you would find out about it when you received your bill in the mail.  We were having some issues and they were never willing to do anything about it.  I told them it was terrible they did not want to fix the issues we were having and they offered to transfer me to the disconnect office.  When I finally called to disconnect, the customer service person said wow you have been with us a long time and then said this is your disconnect date. No one asked if there was anything they could do to keep our business. Taking their equipment back to their office, I was treated like I was bothering them.  There is no reason on God's Earth that an employee of such a large company should treat anyone like that.  If that is what you want from a company you are paying dearly to..then be my guest.  I for one want to make sure my money is spent with someone who respects me when I am on the phone with them.

113 of 118 (1,463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2012 12:38:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

I had comast for years, and switched to U-Verse because of the channel choices.  Now, not only have we lost Hallmark now we do not have WWME and the other ME channels.  What gives?  I cannot believe that AT&T cannot come to an agreement with these channels.  Why don't you offer your subscribers a package of channels that we actually want?  I have no use for at least 1/2 the channels offered maybe more, especially the Spanish speaking channels.  And, there are a lot of useless channels on U-Verse.  Bring back Hallmark and WWME channels!!! 

Judy Weingartner

114 of 118 (1,341 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2012 1:43:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

judyandsox wrote:

I had comast for years, and switched to U-Verse because of the channel choices.  Now, not only have we lost Hallmark now we do not have WWME and the other ME channels.  What gives?  I cannot believe that AT&T cannot come to an agreement with these channels.  Why don't you offer your subscribers a package of channels that we actually want?  I have no use for at least 1/2 the channels offered maybe more, especially the Spanish speaking channels.  And, there are a lot of useless channels on U-Verse.  Bring back Hallmark and WWME channels!!! 

Judy Weingartnertv

Did you just switch to U-Verse? The Hallmark Channel has been gone since September 1, 2010. As far as ME-TV, if it is a sub-channel in your area then U-Verse would not carry it as U-Verse does not carry sub-channels. You should have checked the channel lineup before you switched.

None of us on this forum can fix anything. We are subscribers just like you. AT&T is very much aware that a lot of subscribers to their U-Verse service would like to have the Hallmark Channel back. This was a business decision due to Crown Media's (the owner of the Hallmark Channel) desire for too high of a carriage fee for what their channel was worth.

Maybe Crown Media will lower their carriage price so that a deal can get done.

115 of 118 (1,325 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2012 3:02:03 PM
(0)
Scholar

SammyRusty wrote:

We were a customer of CommieCrap for 25 years.   You talk about raising rates, you would find out about it when you received your bill in the mail.  We were having some issues and they were never willing to do anything about it.  I told them it was terrible they did not want to fix the issues we were having and they offered to transfer me to the disconnect office.  When I finally called to disconnect, the customer service person said wow you have been with us a long time and then said this is your disconnect date. No one asked if there was anything they could do to keep our business. Taking their equipment back to their office, I was treated like I was bothering them.  There is no reason on God's Earth that an employee of such a large company should treat anyone like that.  If that is what you want from a company you are paying dearly to..then be my guest.  I for one want to make sure my money is spent with someone who respects me when I am on the phone with them.

I'm surprised Comcast didn't have somebody offer you something like "free HBO for three months" to try to keep you around.  Then again, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if a considerable number of people threatened to leave Comcast just because they thought they could get something for free, and Comcast switched its policy to "call their bluff."

There is one thing I liked better about Comcast than AT&T - at least Comcast has offices where you can drop off and pick up hardware when necessary.  When I needed a U-Verse STB replaced, they shipped me one, with instructions to ship the old one back in the same box by going to a UPS store (and I think only specific UPS stores could do this).  (Well, two things - with Comcast, I could use TiVo, but that's the price I pay for technology.)  One thing I don't miss about Comcast is the fact that they have to compress the signal to the point where CNN became unwatchable at times.

116 of 118 (1,308 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2012 6:28:06 PM
(0)
Voyager

I never threatened to leave before and never expected anything for nothing.  But, to not even offer a credit for the trouble we were going through with the one box was terrible.  My sister-in-law had the Triple Play or whatever they call it.  Her phone and internet would go down for days and they would only tell her they didn't know what the problem was. 

117 of 118 (1,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2012 8:31:15 PM
(0)
Voyager

Had to make my call to Comcast and order service. I am in awe that At&T took away these channels. All my classic programs come on METV and WWME. I am so disappointed. I switched from Comcast because At&T Uverse was great and less costly than Comcast. Felt humiliated to have to call and reorder, but guess what, I am set with a new customer price (been three years since I had Comcast) and I will be looking at METV early next week. 

At&T, I will not switch back if you provided METV. You did a disservice to your customers providing no notice; just blacked it out with a message stating "NOt available in area." When I called to inquire, you all gave me the run around. 

Can't stand Comcast, WOW, loved my UVerse; however, I want to be able to watch what I like. 

Peace out!

118 of 118 (1,186 Views)