Posted Jun 27, 2012
1:07:39 PM
WWME and 2 other channels gone?

I am so frustrated with AT&T! My favorite old tv channels are gone? I recieved no warning! I'm old so I like my old shows and I am really sad they are gone. Am I the only one?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 27, 2012 1:26:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

From the link below:

Effective June 25 we will be removing the following channels WWME-28 (IND) channel 23 and WMEU-48 (IND) channel 48 from portions of the Chicago market.

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

WWME and 2 other channels gone?

117 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(117)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 27, 2012 1:26:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

From the link below:

Effective June 25 we will be removing the following channels WWME-28 (IND) channel 23 and WMEU-48 (IND) channel 48 from portions of the Chicago market.

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: WWME and 2 other channels gone?

2 of 118 (6,831 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 2:37:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

kendallquinn wrote:

I am so frustrated with AT&T! My favorite old tv channels are gone? I recieved no warning! I'm old so I like my old shows and I am really sad they are gone. Am I the only one?

Try contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers.  He can pass along your frustartion to the proper workgroups at AT&T.  I believe that these channels should be available over the air but I do see that WWME is a "CA" station and 48 is a "CD" station.  These C class stations are lower powered but with a decent indoor antenna, I bet that you can get them.

Those two are owned by the same group - so maybe it is a contract dispute?  Then it's a two way street, it could be that Weigel forced them off of U-Verse?

3 of 118 (6,799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 3:31:45 PM
(0)
Teacher

It's disappointing that we have lost these channels.  These are all I watch! 

Doesn't surprise me.  AT&T is only concerned about money.... Not it's customers!

4 of 118 (6,778 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 3:34:58 PM
(0)
Tutor

I am also upset that these channels are missing.  I watch them everyday.  I don't want to do this, but I will have to go over to Comcast if this is going to be permanent.

5 of 118 (6,777 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 3:54:38 PM
(0)
Mentor

This is a load of garbage!!!!! I switched from Comcast to Uverse and may have to go back when my year is up. Had WWME and it's sister channels there.

I believe these channels are available on free tv in the Chicago area, why aren't they for pay?

6 of 118 (6,770 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 4:02:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The noitce above is interesting:

So it appears that not all of the Chicago market is effected by the change.

7 of 118 (6,767 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 4:07:42 PM
(0)
Tutor

I totally agree with you!  I just got home and did my daily ritual to find out that the channels are gone!  I'm soooo mad.  And now my 3 stooges that i've been watching forever on saturday nights are gone along with  Svengoolie.  I grew up with this, I'm so mad, its bad their service sux and freezes up on me and been dealing with these types of issues for a couple of years now.  Like they say...they care about MONEY not their customers...I'm not happy with what I pay and I'm really thinking about switching and I wouldn't recommend at&t to anyone I know.

8 of 118 (6,765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 4:47:58 PM
(0)
Mentor

I just checked with a friend that has Comcast. They still have all the WWME channels.

Uverse didn't even send out a notice they were pulling these channels.

9 of 118 (6,747 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 5:17:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

GB777 wrote:

I just checked with a friend that has Comcast. They still have all the WWME channels.

See my first message in this thread.

10 of 118 (6,736 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 5:19:30 PM
(0)
Contributor

This absoulutel sucks. Love me tv shows. Time to shop around.

11 of 118 (6,732 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 6:41:11 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by GB777 on Jun 27, 2012 at 6:42:51 PM

texasguy37 wrote:

GB777 wrote:

See my first message in this thread.

I received no such message/notice. The only way I confirmed it was gone and not something wrong with my service was to find mention of it here.

They told me I'd get Wireless N router while it doesn't exist, tried to get me to pay an activation fee when I was told I wouldn't  be charged one, installer said my outside equipment needed to be upgraded but nobody would do it, I got AM radio over my telephones, sometimes my tv goes blank and I need to unplug the box and now they are taking away a very popular tv channel and it's related channels.

Why am I using Uverse?

[ Edited ]
12 of 118 (6,700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 6:56:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

GB777 wrote:

I received no such message/notice. The only way I confirmed it was gone and not something wrong with my service was to find mention of it here.

They told me I'd get Wireless N router while it doesn't exist, tried to get me to pay an activation fee when I was told I wouldn't  be charged one, installer said my outside equipment needed to be upgraded but nobody would do it, I got AM radio over my telephones, sometimes my tv goes blank and I need to unplug the box and now they are taking away a very popular tv channel and it's related channels.

Why am I using Uverse?

Good question.  Why are you?

13 of 118 (6,687 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 8:49:16 PM
(0)
Tutor

Is AT&T serious!!???  For the Chicago market; it is simply unfathomable not to have WWME and its sister station!!!  If the all mighty dollar is all that is need to bring them back; then just have AT&T write a check and pay the stations!!!! I am not happy about this and when the rest of Chicago finds out about this AT&T's facebook, twitter and all other social media blogs are gonna explode with talk!!!

14 of 118 (6,630 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 9:21:14 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm very upset because I sat down and turned the metv to watch Perry Mason and I don't have it anymore.  That was part of my (me time) before I went to bed.

WWME

15 of 118 (6,616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 12:02:24 AM
(0)
Tutor

Unbelievable!  I was hoping Uverse was done playing games with us!  First they took away Hallmark, then we had to yell and scream and protest before they brought back HGTV (etal), and now they're taking away all the shows we grew up on!!  This is the last straw...when my promotions are over with, I'm out of here!!!

16 of 118 (6,577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 6:05:12 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by grv on Jun 28, 2012 at 6:14:36 AM

I'm paying $90/mo for a handful of channels that I actually watch and 200 shopping and sports channels and other crap. It was a hard decision to move to u-verse because they were more expensive than my previous cable but I did it because of their DVR capabilities even though I would lose Hallmark. Now I've lost ME. I don't see any real reason to stay with u-verse any longer. Fortunately, my area has the choice of 3 cable companies. My old cable company still has Hallmark and ME and they have now upgraded their DVRs to record multiple shows - I retain my functionality AND get my two favorite channels back for less money!! I'm not under any contract with u-verse so first chance I get to call I'm switching back to my old company. AT&T u-verse, overall I liked my cable with you but it no longer makes sense to stay with you when comparing channels vs. pricing, channel lineup being a high priority.

[ Edited ]
17 of 118 (6,549 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 10:20:54 AM
(0)
Scholar

I find it amazing that COMCAST can carry all the local Chicago stations including sub-channels but U-verse can't.

18 of 118 (6,487 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 10:48:19 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by GB777 on Jun 28, 2012 at 10:49:55 AM

texasguy37 wrote:

GB777 wrote:

Why am I using Uverse?

Good question.  Why are you?

I won't be when my year is up!!!!!!!!

Maybe when others see Uverse/ATT can't even provide the basic channels everyone without cable service receive, they too will look elseware.

[ Edited ]
19 of 118 (6,474 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 11:03:04 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by hwkn on Jun 28, 2012 at 11:08:46 AM

My advice would be to get in touch with the people at Weigel Broadcasting and let them know you're unhappy that they forced Uverse into dropping those channels.[also let them know if you're unable to watch those channels due to poor OTA reception in your area]

[ Edited ]
20 of 118 (6,467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 11:49:06 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by k9jdk on Jun 28, 2012 at 11:50:06 AM

I'm not too happy about this and have sent a note to Weigel Broadcasting asking the "what happened" question. 

If/when I get a reply, I'll post it here.

At the moment, I don't know if this was a Uverse or Weigel decision.  Either way I'm disappointed.

[ Edited ]
21 of 118 (6,459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 1:36:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

dian1950 wrote:

I find it amazing that COMCAST can carry all the local Chicago stations including sub-channels but U-verse can't.

Comcast can carry all of them until they run into an expiring situation - but I sense that you already know that.

22 of 118 (6,423 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 1:39:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jun 28, 2012 at 1:41:29 PM

k9jdk wrote:

I'm not too happy about this and have sent a note to Weigel Broadcasting asking the "what happened" question. 

If/when I get a reply, I'll post it here.

At the moment, I don't know if this was a Uverse or Weigel decision.  Either way I'm disappointed.

Although the notice that texasguy posted mentioned "portion of the Chicago market," it sounds like everyone that had those two, lost those two.  ie. maybe some parts of the Chicago market (a portion, lol) never had them in the first place, maybe outside the "must carry" territory but still part of the Chicago "market.".

I also have to add that i do not get any kind of written notices anymore on the possibility of losing stations.  Where are the post cards?

[ Edited ]
23 of 118 (6,420 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 1:41:40 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

dhascall wrote:

dian1950 wrote:

Comcast can carry all of them until they run into an expiring situation - but I sense that you already know that.

That poster does seem to come on the forum periodically to make extreme statements which imply that AT&T U-verse is evil and all other TV providers are saints.

24 of 118 (6,419 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 1:45:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

texasguy37 wrote:

That poster does seem to come on the forum periodically to make extreme statements which imply that AT&T U-verse is evil and all other TV providers are saints.

Are you disputing that position?  :smileywink:

25 of 118 (6,418 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 2:00:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

LOL.  I think that poster has an axe to grind.

26 of 118 (6,412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 3:56:12 PM
(0)
Tutor

Seriously?  Getting rid of MeTV in the Chicago market?  Renew the contract and provide a service to your customers.  Don't your car commercial channels (channel 86) pay for anything?  Get it right AT&T.

Bring back WWME - MeTV !!!

27 of 118 (6,397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 6:27:05 PM
(0)
Teacher

I can't believe AT&T did this! WWME - MeTV are hometown stations. We already went to a different internet & voice for better service and prices.  TV may be next. First Hallmark (yes Hallmark is still a sore spot!) but this may be the final straw. UVerse Do the right thing soon!!

Re: Bring back WWME - MeTV !!!

28 of 118 (6,356 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 7:33:31 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by k9jdk on Jun 28, 2012 at 7:51:03 PM

No reply from Weigel Broadcasting yet and received a "canned" response from Alex the AT&T guy mentioned in a previous note ( #3 ) in this thread.

And BTW, how does one delete a post?  The Options pull down does not have a delete choice.

Re: Bring back WWME - MeTV !!!

[ Edited ]
29 of 118 (6,336 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 7:41:14 PM
(0)
Contributor

I hope ATT understands that this will cause many customers to switch providers. In my location I do not get a good enough signal to watch these channels with a digital antenna. I have contacted comcast and they will be installing me late next week. Once the installation is complete I will cancel all 3 of my uverse services. I am disappointed they provide no notice.  Its too bad they don't understand there is a segment of the market that will pay more for additional channels/networks but they lose all the business if they don't offer the option.

30 of 118 (6,327 Views)