Reply
Posted Dec 6, 2013
7:43:55 AM
View profile
WRA, browser not supported?

Today I get a popup stating that my browser isn't supported with a continue anyway and don't show this again.  It seems to work but it stated to use IE4 or higher and I'm using IE11!

0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 6, 2013 10:39:45 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

I had a problem with using PNC bank online and the fix was, ALT-T, Compatibility View Settings and uncheck MS Compatibility Lists.  That was unchecked so I checked it and popup is gone.

Accepted Solution

WRA, browser not supported?

385 views
7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Post reply
Replies
(7)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 6, 2013 10:39:45 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

I had a problem with using PNC bank online and the fix was, ALT-T, Compatibility View Settings and uncheck MS Compatibility Lists.  That was unchecked so I checked it and popup is gone.

Re: WRA, browser not supported?

2 of 8 (364 Views)
Solution
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2013 12:27:07 AM
0
(0)
Community Support

Hi wptski,

 

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the U-verse WRA. I am sure this will help others in the future that encounter the same issue.

 

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: WRA, browser not supported?

3 of 8 (327 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2013 6:09:48 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

wptski wrote:

Today I get a popup stating that my browser isn't supported with a continue anyway and don't show this again.  It seems to work but it stated to use IE4 or higher and I'm using IE11!


IE11, that's part of your issue.  I would do yourself a favor and uninstall 11 and 10 and go back to 9.  I realize that 11 is probably more of a fix to 10 than a new browser, but there are still way too many websites that aren't compatible with that piece of junk browser.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: WRA, browser not supported?

4 of 8 (307 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2013 8:19:52 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Guru

oufanindallas wrote:

wptski wrote:

Today I get a popup stating that my browser isn't supported with a continue anyway and don't show this again.  It seems to work but it stated to use IE4 or higher and I'm using IE11!


IE11, that's part of your issue.  I would do yourself a favor and uninstall 11 and 10 and go back to 9.  I realize that 11 is probably more of a fix to 10 than a new browser, but there are still way too many websites that aren't compatible with that piece of junk browser.


Some of us don't have an option on what version of IE we use. If you're using Windows 8, you're getting IE10, and if you're on 8.1 you're getting 11.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: WRA, browser not supported?

5 of 8 (294 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 8:06:06 AM
0
(0)
Guru

Or use Firefox or Google Chrome, anything but Internet Explorer!

Re: WRA, browser not supported?

6 of 8 (275 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 12:43:10 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Guru

trparky wrote:

Or use Firefox or Google Chrome, anything but Internet Explorer!


IE isn't as bad as it once was. Plus if someone is using a RT device thier only choice is to use Internet Explorer.

-------

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about Xbox on U-Verse.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: WRA, browser not supported?

7 of 8 (249 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 8, 2013 1:30:50 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Master

americangame wrote:

IE isn't as bad as it once was. Plus if someone is using a RT device thier only choice is to use Internet Explorer.


Both true statements.  But I'd still rather use Chrome if I have the chance.

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: WRA, browser not supported?

8 of 8 (242 Views)
Share this post
Share this post