Need help with your equipment?
Loosedog's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, January 6th, 2013 10:15 PM

Uverse and home phone both down

I am a fairly new AT&T customer and so far it sucks. I have never had so much trouble with my I Internet connection in my life! The uverse goes down at least once a week and I'm stuck on the phone for hours with a service tech. Our home phone goes out along with it and my iPhone has to use cell time to access my apps. That in turn costs me data time. That I turn costs me money.
I have never been so unhappy with an Internet and wireless company ever!!! I will never recommend AT&T to a single person.
I left Comcast and tmobile because it was supposed to save me money. Not happened yet. That and the lack of service has me so angry I'm ready to cancel and go back to my old companies.
Thanks for letting me vent. I haven't been able to get anyone on the phone that gives a crap.
Enjoy your Sunday. Mine's been squashed.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Yes and I thanked whomever directed me to customer care. It seems venting on the AT&T community forum works as they have contacted me and are working to resolve my issues.
So, with that said, yes it has in effect solved my problem.

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you I will request that when and if I ever hear from them again.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I have the att gateway for the wireless Internet and apparently my home line is not connected to that. If not them how come when one is down the other goes down too? Am I mistaken or correct when I say if I have uverse then I do not have dsl?

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Are you sure that you do not have a iNID on the side of the house, and a i38hg for the inside Wireless?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Loosedog - If you have U-verse internet and voice- as you say - dial tone is generated in your house in the wireless gateway. Look for the telephone jack to be connected to a phone or the wall jack to distribute it to the other phones in the house.

Since the voice is carried on the U-verse signal, when U-verse is out, the phone is out.

You do not have to have this service. You can have U-verse internet and Plain Old Telephone Service (like with DSL) where the voice service does not ride on the U_verse signal.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

11 years ago

LD

If you are interested you can send a PM to AT&TCustomerCare they are an escalation team that can get you the help you want.  Watch the little blue envelope next to the Sign Out button on the forum page for message notification.  As they will reply to via PM as well.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Loosedog - Just reread your last post & see you said the phone is not connected to the gateway. In this case, for both to fail at the same, time it is a physical failure of the wire causing the problem.

This architecture is the same as DSL. The U_verse signal is a type of DSL. IT is not branded DSL.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

Loosedog - Is the thank you, etc. for RCSMG's recommend PM customer care??

This is not something you say over the phone. Yo need to click on the underlined AT&Tcustomercare. This will give you a link to type and send a Personal Message to an escalation team.

Send your account details and problem. The care folks will work to resolve your problem where others have not succeeded.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

You solved it! Contacted them via your link and they are working on our issue.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

home phone [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.