Need help with your equipment?
CoolMokey04's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 30th, 2014 8:17 PM

U-verse internet packet loss and ping!

Hello everyone I have AT&T u-verse 45 Mbs package. I also bundled with the U-verse tv and AT&T secure life. I play online games for many hours a day however recently I can not play becuase the internet is very unstable. I had a technician over for 3 hours yesterday and when he left everything was working fine. However today I encountered the same problems I had from before he left is there a reason my internet connection is so unstable?

(More information)

I have a NVG 589 modem we did not change the name or password becuase they said it could cause issues with the connection.

The game I play is :League of Legends( I don't know if it is relevant)

I get very harsh spikes even when it is just me and 1 tabblet (usually on facebook not uploading pictures though) are connected. 

Any suggestions as to how to fix the problem? 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

Do you also do online backup, provide a live video stream of your gameplay (e.g. via twitch.tv), or participate in P2P file sharing networks?

Heavy utilization (saturation) of the upstream bandwidth will cause latency and downstream bandwidth issues.

Of course you could just have intermittent line issues that only occur under certain conditions.  The best way to find that out would be to take your browser to the Residential Gateway (or RG, aka NVG 589) at http://192.168.1.254/ and look on the Broadband section for the sync rates, SR ratio and error information.  Post that here and we'lll take a look at it with you.

And, finally, are you connecting from your PC wired or wirelessly.  RFI can cause intermittent latency issues, and is never as reliable as wired.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for the fast respoonse! here is a Puu.sh link of the image. http://puu.sh/cwK0t/26d419e913.png  to answer question no i dont stream my game but i should be able to I have more than rnough upload/dl speed thats why this problem really bothers me 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.