Posted Sep 24, 2010
3:07:05 PM
View profile
U-verse Channel Request Website

Finally, there is a website where you can request a channel be added to U-verse!  The link to the website is below:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Alex - Update: Where to get updates on program disruptions for U-verse TV

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 26, 2010 5:17:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

A link to this website has been added to the Channel Request Procedure thread sticky at the top of this board.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
261 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(261)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2012 8:46:18 AM
(0)
Mentor

Thanks aviewer.

I'll repost when they respond.

Re: WABC & WWOR

211 of 262 (3,257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2012 9:02:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Kingjameson wrote:

I would like to have U-Verse provide access to WABC and WWOR out of New York in Connecticut.  These two stations appear on my grid with a complete programming schedule but no available access to these two channels in my area. I have access to all the other New York channels here in Connecticut.  What gives WTNH out of New Haven the right to prevent these two channels from being broadcast in my area? What source can I go to do dispute and voice my concern regarding this problem?

You should make your new channel requests using the link found in the first message in this thread.

Re: U-verse Channel Request Website

212 of 262 (3,248 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2012 1:23:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

I'm in Litchfield Country in Connecticut.

213 of 262 (3,182 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2012 2:03:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Kingjameson - Do you have a question?
If you want to see your channel lineup, enter your zip code here - https://uma.att.com/uma/RetrieveChannelLineup?ZIP=06410&APPID=UMA&actionType=&FORMAT=POPUP&FirstTime...

214 of 262 (3,159 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2013 11:28:23 AM
(0)
Contributor

Who has insight into how many requests it might take from customers before AT&T will add a particular channel?

Re: U-verse Channel Request Website - How many requests does it take?

215 of 262 (2,615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2013 1:31:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

TVquestion - Never seen a one. No posts stating success. Personal requests have gone unanswered.

216 of 262 (2,590 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2013 1:38:15 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

TVquestion wrote:

Who has insight into how many requests it might take from customers before AT&T will add a particular channel?

Requests from customers are only part of the equation. Cost of the channel's carriage rights are another important part.

217 of 262 (2,557 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2013 4:35:25 AM
(0)
Tutor

I miss the CW channel so much and i thought that uverse offered it, but i dont see it anywhere in my channel guide, very disappointed in that as that channel has my supernatural show , vampire, and many others i just love. 

WHY doesnt uverse offer the CW channel in my area??????????????????

thanks, angela

parchment, mi 49004

I want my CW channel here please.

218 of 262 (2,355 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2013 8:05:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by JefferMC on Feb 14, 2013 at 8:05:45 AM

If you visit this link: http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/stations, you can see what "The CW" station is for your area.  In your case, the answer is:

WWMT-DT 3.2

GRAND RAPIDS-KALMZOO-B.CRK

The ".2" (anything but .1, really) means it's a digital subchannel.  Unfortunately, AT&T U-verse doesn't carry stations that are digital subchannels.  In my area, "The CW" station is an independant channel (63.1) and is available on AT&T U-verse. 

Re: I want my CW channel here please.

[ Edited ]
219 of 262 (2,331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2013 8:45:46 AM
(0)
Mentor

I believe it's a negotiation issue. In my area, it shows in the town next to me but not here. It's also in the local cable lineup.

Obviously, there's enough people looking for it that hopefully it will get resolved.

220 of 262 (2,315 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2013 9:44:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Some areas have it, some don't.  In DFW we have it beacuse it's an OTA channel and not a sub-channel. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

221 of 262 (2,307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2013 7:44:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

75vette wrote:

I believe it's a negotiation issue. In my area, it shows in the town next to me but not here. It's also in the local cable lineup.

Obviously, there's enough people looking for it that hopefully it will get resolved.

I believe you are wrong.  "The CW" is a network akin to ABC, CBS, etc. and has local affiliates that make their own retransmit agreements.  AT&T doesn't try to get retransmits for digital subchannels.

222 of 262 (2,282 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2013 9:27:23 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Phil-101 on Feb 15, 2013 at 9:43:36 PM

I may be wrong, I'm certainly not an expert.

My zip code is 39564. When I looked at the channel lineup, channel 38 & 1038 (CW) was there but it was not able to be viewed.

http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/stations

Go to this link and type in my zip code. I live in Ocean Springs, MS. The towns along the MS Gulf Coast pretty much all run together, seperated by a street or a bridge. Biloxi is 3 miles NNW of me and just west of me over the bridge.

Look at the providers that carry The CW. I had CableOne before this and was able to view it. Also look at Mediacom-St. Andrews, they carry it and they are at least 15 miles "east" of me.. in the opposite direction of Biloxi.

According to U-verse people that have contacted me about this, they basically said in so many words, that it was a [word filter avoidance]. The feed comes from Jackson, MS. WNOL is a station in New Orleans. The mapping on the CW site shows that AT&T U-verse carries it, but not in Jackson County. They mistook Jackson, MS as my Jackson county.

However, bear in mind that St Andrews is also in Jackson County - served by Mediacom, which again has The CW.

So, if all these providers can have it in and around where I live, why cant AT&T Uverse provide it for me? The only thing I can think of is a deal to include them.

JMHO.

[ Edited ]
223 of 262 (2,241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2013 5:00:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
75vette - It does appear you have navigated a very complex situation to a conclusion that is favorable to you.

If the CW web site says it is carried on att u-verse in your zip code, it should be. But, it is not
https://uma.att.com/uma/RetrieveChannelLineup?ZIP=39564&packgeList_select=0&channelList_select=&APPI...

Maybe, check the channel 38 web site & actually contact them.

Send a PM on the situation to attcustomer care using this link - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773.

One other base to cover is the FCC rules. Check out your county in this list - http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-05-24A1.pdf.

It would seem that att does not have a carry agreement with channel 38, even though the CW network thinks they do.

224 of 262 (2,225 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 5:33:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by aviewer on Feb 18, 2013 at 5:42:37 AM

75vette -
I see that ch 38 is WNOLA. It's web site says watch last nights shows now. Clicking on it goes to the CW site, which seems to allow watching full episodes. http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/

I was also thinking about Over The Air. I have an antenna set up just in case U-verse goes out. Can you get WNOLA over the air. And, other stations just in case. Check out http://antennaweb.org/

The CW web site is overly optimistic. It says I can receive it OTA from New York on WPIX, ch 11. I doubt that is possible. But, ch 20 in Waterbury CT is possible.

[ Edited ]
225 of 262 (2,164 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 4:26:51 PM
(0)
Mentor

Thanks..

I've seen the sight before. It's just ticking me off a bit that even though all other providers in the area have it in their programming & I have a 52" & 70" that I want to use to watch the program, I "cant". I'm reduced to watching it via my PC.

Somethings wrong here!

The external antenna is not an option. I'd have to put it in the attic.

226 of 262 (2,113 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 5:14:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
75vette -
I was looking at the antennaweb site & it says you can only get four channels OTA. Not WNOL. The map looks like you & other towns would have a straight shot across the gulf. But, reception actually seems to get worse as you move west.

Check out this web site for connecting your computer to your PC. DVI out matches HDMI in and Component input is RGB output.
I am lucky my computer has HDMI output. Well, maybe not lucky, thats one of the reasons I bought it. Surf the web on a 50" with a wireless keyboard and mouse, while relaxing in my original stressless chair.
http://sewelldirect.com/articleIndex.aspx

227 of 262 (2,098 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2013 8:51:05 PM
(0)
Mentor

Thanks for that link.

I just bought a new Dell 17.3 R Inspiron 5721. It has an HDMI port on it. My previous computers didnt have one. I'll have to check it out.

Thanks again!

228 of 262 (2,077 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2013 3:56:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

It's a little pricey, but check out the Mohu HD Antennas,  they are supposedly the industry standard when it comes to HD Antennas.  Depending on how far away you are from the station, they have an antenna that  you can mount in your attic that will pull signals from 60 miles.

I'm seriously considering getting one even though I've not had any issues with my service, but to pick up a couple of the sub channels in the DFW area.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

229 of 262 (2,044 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2013 4:54:05 PM
(0)
Tutor
uversechannels.att.com times out via my U-verse connection. If I switch my phone from home Wi-Fi to 4G, the site comes up. What gives? Don't really want to hear from us? :smileyhappy:

230 of 262 (1,932 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2013 5:00:50 AM
(0)
Voyager

Those channels WWOR and WABC, as well as WPIX and WNEW would be nice to have available in California too!

231 of 262 (1,758 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2013 5:08:13 AM
(0)
Voyager

I'm wondering if anyone else has been missing, or has requested U-Verse adding Antenna TV (KTLA 5.2), Cozi TV (KNBC DTV), the Hallmark Channel, and JLTV ?

I'm in the Los Angeles, CA area. When I signed up for service, the person taking my order spent over an hour on the phone with me, checking and verifying that these were all available on AT&T U-Verse 300. It turns out, they are not currently available. I've put in the online requests for each of them.

I was hoping there are others who also might be interested in these? Antenna TV and Cozi TV are similar to ME TV in that they have classic-tv shows that are not available elsewhere.

AT&T Customer Relations suggested I go out to a store like Best Buy and purchase an additional box just for Broadcast TV reception. I may do this, but am hoping AT&T will add these.

232 of 262 (1,755 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 17, 2013 8:12:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

cyberbs wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone else has been missing, or has requested U-Verse adding Antenna TV (KTLA 5.2), Cozi TV (KNBC DTV), the Hallmark Channel, and JLTV ?

I'm in the Los Angeles, CA area. When I signed up for service, the person taking my order spent over an hour on the phone with me, checking and verifying that these were all available on AT&T U-Verse 300. It turns out, they are not currently available. I've put in the online requests for each of them.

I was hoping there are others who also might be interested in these? Antenna TV and Cozi TV are similar to ME TV in that they have classic-tv shows that are not available elsewhere.

AT&T Customer Relations suggested I go out to a store like Best Buy and purchase an additional box just for Broadcast TV reception. I may do this, but am hoping AT&T will add these.

AT&T normally does not provide subchannels for U-Verse. ME-TV seems to be an exception.

As far as the Hallmark Channel, it has not been a part of the U-Verse lineup since September 1, 2010, when Crown Media, owner of the the Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel, would not let AT&T continue to show those channels when the two entities could not come to an agreement on carriage fees after the old contract ended.

As far as interest in the Hallmark Channel, there has been a huge discussion thread concerning this since July 30, 2010.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Post-about-the-Hallmark-channel-here/td-p/2033017

Welcome to the U-Verse forum.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

233 of 262 (1,727 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2013 6:12:23 AM
(0)
Contributor
Does AT&T plan on adding Baby First TV to Uverse, If so when can this be expected?

Baby First TV

234 of 262 (1,652 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2013 7:38:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

gjjm wrote:
Does AT&T plan on adding Baby First TV to Uverse, If so when can this be expected?

Unfortunately, none of us can give you this information. We are U-Verse subscribers just like you. If U-Verse adds Baby First TV, we will know at the same time you know, normally when the channel used for that station comes live or there is a screen indicating that the channel is coming.

U-Verse normally does not announce channel additions in advance.

In the meantime, make your channel request here:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Re: Baby First TV

235 of 262 (1,638 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2013 1:30:34 AM
(0)
Voyager

Uverse really needs to add BBC America in HD. You already have the standard def channel, why hasn't HD been added yet? It seems like people have been requesting this for YEARS.

Uverse really needs to add BBC America in HD. You already...

236 of 262 (1,545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2013 5:03:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

My kids love Disney channel, and we don't watch much tv, so we chose to only subscribe to the Ufamily package, as our kids are really the only ones watching it. However, there is NO DISNEY JR?!?!?!?!?! That is one of the most kid focused channels, and you don't have it on the Family package???? What is wrong with you AT&T??? I am not paying an extra $20 for one channel. I'm really thinking of going sans cable. We did it for a year, and it worked out great. Only went back to cable because we moved, and got a good deal on the package. This is a bad move AT&T. Bad move.

Signed, Angry Mother of 2 toddlers.

Upset Mom

237 of 262 (1,520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2013 6:55:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Disney Jr went live this past Friday. Because of costs, U-Verse can only supply so much for what your are paying for the television part of service. The web site shows $59 per month.

As in any business, the more you pay, the more you get. Perhaps, U-Verse will include Disney Jr. one day in the Family Package. It just is not doing it at this time.

Re: Upset Mom

238 of 262 (1,490 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 6, 2013 10:37:34 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by LoveHD on May 6, 2013 at 10:38:20 AM

It's good that AT&T U-verse now carries Disney Junior (SD/HD). I agree that BBC America's high definition should get added. And there could be some others worth mentioning. I think we'll be seeing high definition become the industry standard over the next few years. Perhaps that will be fully realized by the time this decade is about to end.

[ Edited ]
239 of 262 (1,205 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2013 10:31:37 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thank you! Great suggestion / link. We really, really, really want Me TV added to the line-up. Huge Svengoolie fans here!

240 of 262 (987 Views)