Posted Sep 24, 2010
U-verse Channel Request Website

Finally, there is a website where you can request a channel be added to U-verse!  The link to the website is below:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Alex - Update: Where to get updates on program disruptions for U-verse TV

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Solved
9-26-2010 5:17:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

A link to this website has been added to the Channel Request Procedure thread sticky at the top of this board.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
261 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(261)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 6, 2010
(0)
ACE - Master

mtsindy wrote:

For whatever it may be worth, I logged a request for Food Network and HGTV.  (Sorry, we just don't watch Cooking or DIY.)  I noted that I would be happy to pay for the Scripps networks within their own tier, because that gives me -- the consumer -- control over what I am willing to pay for.  Like so many others, there are scores of channels on U-verse that we hardly ever watch if at all, but each of us has the 10 or so that we choose not to live without.

Wow, a cooler head amidst all this turmoil.  FWIW you just got a kudo.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

Re: U-verse Channel Request Website

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 9, 2010
(0)
Contributor

vt hokies wrote:

MLB network? are you kidding me? that is the stupidest channel i have ever heard of. the fact that the mlb has their own network is just nauseating.

Different strokes for different folks.  I'd like to have it.  Soccer channels, not so much.

I just switched to U-verse from Time Warner Cable and TWC had MLB Network.  I'm a lifelong SF Giants fan and MLB Network had a pregame feed from the World Series and it covered the entire Giants' victory celebration in San Francisco without commercials.  Such coverage is greatly appreciated by baseball fans.

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 9, 2010
(0)
Scholar

jon4t2 wrote:

vt hokies wrote:

MLB network? are you kidding me? that is the stupidest channel i have ever heard of. the fact that the mlb has their own network is just nauseating.

Different strokes for different folks.  I'd like to have it.  Soccer channels, not so much.

I just switched to U-verse from Time Warner Cable and TWC had MLB Network.  I'm a lifelong SF Giants fan and MLB Network had a pregame feed from the World Series and it covered the entire Giants' victory celebration in San Francisco without commercials.  Such coverage is greatly appreciated by baseball fans.

I really miss MLB Net and if U doesn't get it by next season, I'm gone.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 9, 2010
(0)
Contributor

I requested that they bring back Hallmark!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2010
(0)
Guru

Did y'all see this announcement?  http://www.uversechannels.com/surveys/channel-survey 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2010
(0)
ACE - Expert

Yes, I saw that.  It's the same website that we have been using for months to make channel requests.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2010
(0)
Guru

Right!  So, how come they just stuck it up there like it's a new thing?  (rhetorical question -- j/k)

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2010
(0)
ACE - Expert

LOL.  This forum seems to frequently be one step ahead.  :smileywink:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2010
(0)

Texasguy is just ahead of the curve :smileyvery-happy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 10, 2010
(0)
ACE - Expert

I do my best!  :smileyvery-happy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 18, 2010
(0)
Contributor

I put in my vote (for my wife) for the Hallmark Channel, as many others have. Thanks for the link.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 20, 2010
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the link. My other half is a Hallmark Channel fanatic and is ready to take my head off for dropping the overpriced, under featured Comcast.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 20, 2010
(0)
Contributor

Paulgy, Sounds like your wife and my womanfriend are in cahoots...

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 29, 2010
(0)
Tutor

Put in a request for BBC America HD. So tired of crappy looking Top Gear. If we don't get it soon, might jump ship to DirecTV.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 29, 2010
(0)
ACE - Master

Rambo76098 wrote:

Put in a request for BBC America HD. So tired of crappy looking Top Gear. If we don't get it soon, might jump ship to DirecTV.

You won't find it on Direct TV either

Direct TV HD Line up

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 29, 2010
(0)
ACE - Expert

The link belows shows the providers who carry AMC HD.  If you switch from U-verse because of the lack of AMC HD, make sure you check this chart before you switch.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14422029

[ Edited ]
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 29, 2010
(0)
ACE - Master

You forgot the link TG :smileywink:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Nov 29, 2010
(0)
ACE - Expert

Thanks!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 1, 2010
(0)
Tutor

AMC in HD

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 4, 2010
(0)
Contributor

Fox Soccer HD

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 18, 2010
(0)
Mentor

espnnetworks.com plz

Or is that not a channel

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 20, 2010
(0)
Contributor

Well now that Fox Sports Arizona has been taken away from me I had to request for that. I can't believe they took that channel away.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 20, 2010
(0)
Scholar

UVerseislame wrote:

Well now that Fox Sports Arizona has been taken away from me I had to request for that. I can't believe they took that channel away.

It maybe because the state of Arizona is not in the AT&T footprint of service areas they provider telephone service, that is Qwest Territory, let alone AT&T u-Verse Territory, thus probably not the highest of priorties to add/keep.

I did my part, just requested MLB Network, let's hope it gets done by 04/01/2011.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 23, 2010
(0)
Voyager
The removal of Fox Sports AZ channel is enough for me to dump Uverse and return to Direct TV . I have family that works for Uverse here in Dallas corp , and have no doubt there are discussions going on about this very dumb decision.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Dec 23, 2010
(0)
Scholar

KCRoyals wrote:

UVerseislame wrote:

It maybe because the state of Arizona is not in the AT&T footprint of service areas they provider telephone service, that is Qwest Territory, let alone AT&T u-Verse Territory, thus probably not the highest of priorties to add/keep.

I did my part, just requested MLB Network, let's hope it gets done by 04/01/2011.

Thanks KC. I have punched out over 100 requests for MLB Net. If AT$T doesn't get it done, it is a signal that AT$T is going to remain a bargin basement provider, much like the DISH mess.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2011
(0)
Tutor

Looks like you may have to request Fox Sports Network if you don't get HD.  I have just been told it will only be offered as part of HD package from now on, but website does not reflect this.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 5, 2011
(0)
ACE - Expert

dawnloveswings wrote:

Looks like you may have to request Fox Sports Network if you don't get HD.  I have just been told it will only be offered as part of HD package from now on, but website does not reflect this.

Please see there response in your other message.

http://forums.att.com/t5/TV-Programming/fox-sports-channels/m-p/2647729#U2647729

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 13, 2011
(0)
ACE - Master

Still hoping for BBC America in HD.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 13, 2011
(0)
Professor

texasguy37 wrote:

Finally, there is a website where you can request a channel be added to U-verse!  The link to the website is below:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Thank you for the link. I requested the Hallmark Channel. It's sorely missed

(0)
  • Rate this reply
Jan 16, 2011
(0)
Tutor

Here in the Oklahoma City market we have missed the OETA sub channels of which there are at least two, the ABC CBS and NBC channels all have sub channels which we don't get and one ,the CBS channel, now provides a movie channel for the off air people,,, and at least one of the independent channels has a sub channel...

Some reason why we don't get any of these???