mouley's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, January 18th, 2013 8:03 PM

Speakers connected through amp.

Uverse box connected to TV via HDMI.  Box connected to apm to run Bose speakers.  Audio works fine through speakers but audio still flows through TV.  Can I control the volume for the speakers with the ATT remote without the audio flowing throuh TV speakers? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

mouley - You may be able to use the connection from the TV to the amp to provide sound while watching U_verse. It requires the TV mute to only impact the speakers - not the audio output. Some do it that way, some affect both.

As far as comparing video quality of HDMI vs component. Only you can decide, Everyone has their opinion.

I believe the pictures are both good enough - cannot really see a difference.

Unless the source is 1080p. component is not supported. Also, it appears to me that source has more control of the picture with HDMI (i.e the picture varies more depending on quality of the source). Which can be good or not so good.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

What model is the Bose?  Can you run the HDMI from the "box" to the Bose, then HDMI from the Bose to the TV?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

mouley - First thing is turning off the TV audio.
How about the TV mute?
Or, turn the volume down.
Or, do not connect the audio. With HDMI, some TVs have an analog sound option - set that & do not connect the analog cables.
OR, use component cables for video.

How to control it with the remote =

When the TV is programmed, the remote ALWAYS controls the TV. You can change that to be the STB. att/ok - 955 - enter. Then the STB sound control while watching (att mode) & TV volume in TV mode.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

There is no HDMI outlet on the amp.  The speakers are connected to the amp via normal speaker wire and then the amp is attached to the TV audio out port via RCA wires.  I connected the Uverse box directly to the amp via the RCA wire, with the HDMI cable still connected directly to the TV, and the audio flowed from the speakers but I could still not control the audio with the Uverse remote.  Thanks for the input.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Does connecting the TV with the component cables create a lesser picture quality than the HDMI connection? Thanks for your input.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.